AutoFollow

Angelicmeiko

In Beta it wouldn't allow me to have two instances of the game running at the same time. It was something I was curious about so I tried my Fiance's while I had mine open. I dunno if it is still this way, but even with the auto-follow feature fixed (which I really hope gets fixed soon) this may cause you issues.

I think you are actually going to have to have multiple computers to dual box this game.

I just set my laptop next to my desktop and use multiplicity.

FOLLOW is supposed to be fixed in the next patch.

You have two accounts that you are doing this with? You are using two different computers though?

Yes, two computers and two monitors and two accounts. Multiplicity lets me move my mouse seemlessly between the two computers and whichever monitor the mouse cursor is on is the computer I'm controlling with the keyboard as well.

I don't dual box like most people though. I always have two different classes and am fully in control of both characters at all times by just moving my cursor back and forth. I don't have keystroke broadcasters are any of that stuff.

Edited by monjiay

Yes, two computers and two monitors and two accounts. Multiplicity lets me move my mouse seemlessly between the two computers and whichever monitor the mouse cursor is on is the computer I'm controlling with the keyboard as well.

I don't dual box like most people though. I always have two different classes and am fully in control of both characters at all times by just moving my cursor back and forth. I don't have keystroke broadcasters are any of that stuff.

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification. I have three monitors so with WoW I would use the same computer and window mode each session in a diff monitor. I don't think you can have more than one session per computer running with SWTOR though.

autfollow for me is broken after a few steps

Yea. It is totally broken.

I don't think most of the repliers know what the OP is talking about.

You can't just click on another player and do /follow. Try it. It doesn't work.

After about 30 steps - max, you stop following them.

Other video games (not going to name them), I can drag around another PC for hours.

I convince myself every day that this will get fixed. Wifey goes afk to do something and I have to sit there where she is and guard her or I kill in a small circle around her until she returns. That she cannot log me in and have me follow her until I get home from work while she runs us out to our first quest area is getting old as well.

Very lame actually.