Thunderclap Wing Animations

Yamirashi

Does it bother anyone else that when the Thunderclap takes off, the animation to open the wings causes the ship to "bounce" as if the bottom wing is hitting some invisible floor?

This thing is flying... in air...

Wouldn't it make more sense for the body of the ship to stay stationary while the wings just opened around it? Rather than the odd raise up then slightly lower as the wings open. ESPECIALLY when leaving the fleet. Just seems the physics here are out of whack.

It's an auto pilot correcting feature that raises the ship in case the pilot miss judged the ground clearance prior to issuing the deploy command, smacking your bottom wing into the ground is considered bad protocol by Republic command.

But yea it is a bit odd looking. wish they would just give a B-wing instead.

Drives me nuts. And no, it is not an auto pilot thingy, the craft has repulsor lifts, it is plenty high enough for them to open. The one that drives me the most nuts is when you leave Carrick station (or any station for that matter), you are in fracking space, why does it need to move? Piss poor animation BW, piss poor.

• 1 year later...
I know this is a necropost, but this animation still bugs me. To quote Oscar Rogers, the fictitious financial expert on SNL: "It's not rocket science, Seth. It's a simple three step process. Step one: FIX! Step two: IT! Step 3: FIX IT!" :)

• 2 years later...