Mission Tracker Order

skipperdarrell

Greetings.

Is there a right/wrong way to take on missions in the mission tracker as far as what order to do them? Top to bottom? Bottom to top? Doesn't matter?

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't matter. The order is entirely arbitrary and related to nothing much at all, and certainly nothing to do with the order in which you must do them.

Well, there's one exception: a bonus mission (usually of the 'kill ten rats" type, aka "mercilessly slaughter N foes to gain light-side points") listed indented slightly and in smaller text must be finished (they autocomplete when you've met the objectives) before the main mission it is part of. If you don't complete the bonus mission before the main mission, the bonus mission is lost. However, some bonus missions will pop out and become a "main" mission in their own right, normally to turn in an object to a mission dropbox.

I always thought, the order of the missions listed in the tracker is not arbitrary but classified:

1st violet main story mission

2nd violet planet storyline missions

3rd yellow missions

Class 2 and 3 are sorted alphabetically inside those classifications.

I think it's like that on german language - correct me if I'm wrong or if it is not the same in english (pix appreciated).

So as SteveTheCynic said, the order of completion of missions is your thing. To have the best output and storyline feeling: mission targets are mostly located in the same or next map section of the main story. Some are catched on the way, most of them in the current base where your story advances by conversation. H2 mission terminals not included. ;-)

I always thought, the order of the missions listed in the tracker is not arbitrary but classified:

1st violet main story mission

2nd violet planet storyline missions

3rd yellow missions

Class 2 and 3 are sorted alphabetically inside those classifications.

Hmm. OK. That makes more sense than it being completely arbitrary. A lot of my characters don't actually have *any* purple missions left.

Is there a right/wrong way to take on missions in the mission tracker as far as what order to do them? Top to bottom? Bottom to top? Doesn't matter?
It doesn't matter. Also, you can change the "order" of the display simply by un-tracking quests and then tracking them again. They essentially (though not always) get listed in the order you pick them up.

For example, on some occasions I've had enough quests listed, that the Ossus quest to "scan locations" - the one that uses the binoculars - has been "hidden" off screen when it says at the bottom "x additional quests tracked". That makes it a bit awkward to use the binoculars, so what I do is to un-track some missions until that "scan" quest floats up and become visible on the screen. Then I re-track the othe quests, which fall below the "scan" quest and/or get moved down to "x additional"