Still no fix for lana romance bug...

ShieldProtection

its really that hard to fix this issue? my agent completed KOTET without any flirts/kiss, and yes, I did choose to talk with her in kotfe cantina, did EVERY single lana-side options in dialogues

:(

Did you pick "2 [Flirt] I want to speak with one of you" in the cantina? If you didn't pick that and the [Flirt] that immediately followed (with a pop-up warning that you are about to lock in the romance), you aren't in a romance with Lana. That option is easily interpreted as meaning "I want to speak with one of you right after I flirt with Theron", but in fact it means "I want to flirt with one of you".

If you didn't even get that option in the cantina, you got bitten by the patch bug. That is, if you're playing through KotFE and you log off the character between starting Chapter I and finishing Chapter IX, and there's a patch before you continue, you don't get that option.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :(

I could've sworn I got the flirt option in the cantina to get alone with Lana, with my SI, but no warning pop up about locking in the romance and yes... there were patch updates for both of my toons between chapter 1 and 9. I never had enough time to do it in one hit. With my JC, yeah no flirt cantina option despite flirt option in every other chapter conversations. Since everyone is aware it's a glitch- and yes, I sent in a bug ticket and they responded with "sorry, but there is no bug" - it would save people a lot of heartache if they give us the option of resetting KOTFE chapters rather than just replaying them? It's too annoying starting with a new toon at lv.60 just for the romancing. Hopefully it becomes an option later on...

Edited by Sailorcrisp

• 5 weeks later...

Yup. There's no reliable fix. Even replaying ch 1-8 isn't a fix. (Tried it myself this weekend.)

I'm just going to have to rely on head canon to say that my Sith Warrior and Lana just continue the romance behind the scenes. Well, that and watch Youtube for anything that I miss.

It's not a bug per se it's just an unfortunate outcome of when they do server maintenance and/or an update it resets all the counts so if you are half way through the first 8 chapters and they have a server maintenance all previous flirting with a character (doesn't matter who) are set to 0.

It's not a bug per se it's just an unfortunate outcome of when they do server maintenance and/or an update it resets all the counts so if you are half way through the first 8 chapters and they have a server maintenance all previous flirting with a character (doesn't matter who) are set to 0.

It's a bug. It's only when they patch (ordinary maintenance isn't enough to upset it), and disrupting game state during patches, especially for things that haven't changed in the patch, is a bug, plain and simple. The game system cannot correctly maintain the "I have smooched Lana at every opportunity, and a few more besides" state across a patch. That's a bug.

• 2 months later...
Omg! So, I i misunderstood the now infamous cantina romance trigger, with my favorite toon, my jedi guardian. Then read about redoing the entire series. Went ahead and did that and it worked! I triggered the romance, only to have it disappear today with patch!!! Argh!!! This can't seriously be that difficult to fix...

Omg! So, I i misunderstood the now infamous cantina romance trigger, with my favorite toon, my jedi guardian. Then read about redoing the entire series. Went ahead and did that and it worked! I triggered the romance, only to have it disappear today with patch!!! Argh!!! This can't seriously be that difficult to fix...

Be really careful with this. There are several different things going on, and several different remedies, and using the remedy for one won't help with another.

Patch hits you

There's no remedy for this. If you don't have option 2 "|Flirt] I want to talk with one of you", this happened, and you are out of luck.

There are rumours that pressing Esc and repeating the earlier chapters (on a different difficulty, perhaps) will fix this.

You got option 2 but picked option 1

If you do this but wanted to romance someone, hit Esc IMMEDIATELY. Do NOT go through the rest of the chapter.

Press Esc, then repeat the conversation. (If necessary, reset the mission and repeat the whole thing.)

You picked option 2 but didn't pick the second [Flirt]

Are you crazy? Hit Esc, as above.

You got option 2 but picked option 1 and finished the chapter

You're out of luck. There's no way to fix this. The romance is locked out.

In any case, if you finished the chapter, it can't be fixed. If you repeat the chapter (optionally, with the earlier chapters as well), it will look, until you finish the replay, as if you have fixed it, but as soon as you finish the chapter, the "fix" is undone.

Honestly this bug (the patch bug not the badly written choice) is beyond a joke, numerous threads since it started, zero fixes and to my knowledge Bioware have not even acknowledged this bug. When is this going to get fixed companions are a large part of the story lore so why leave it broken for so long, it's a good job I love the original 1-50 story because I really don't want to do kotfe if they are going to destroy romances through no fault of my own.

• 2 years later...
The people that I've seen claiming it works have all done the replay on Veteran. And it might not be enough to fix a missing option 2.

i don't think u can once u have past that point like comp chap 9 and 10 or more at least my sorc chap14 and tested it there should be 2 options when playing first time that say i want to talk to 1of u one has (flirt) but when u replay it it automatically says it without giving me a option when i replay it this part is hard save once u pass it ur either screwed or in romance depending on ur choice

Edited by SugramRaven

i don't think u can once u have past that point like comp chap 9 and 10 or more at least my sorc chap14 and tested it there should be 2 options when playing first time that say i want to talk to 1of u one has (flirt) but when u replay it it automatically says it without giving me a option when i replay it this part is hard save once u pass it ur either screwed or in romance depending on ur choice

Yes. I. Know. Back then three years ago it was less clear.