Can someone Explain the Kaggath (forum version) To me?

I've been trying to get into the kaggath, Read the rulebook, but I still don't understand It, Can someone explain it to me?

I will work on an expanded explanation, but the short version:

Select 4 characters to lead a Faction. That done, select units they have previously had access to as well as ships. From there, you choose planets to defend aka your bases. Then, you are matched with another Faction. The goal is to be the last one with your Head of State (Leader) Alive.

It can be through all out war, assassination, or even a duel.

As long as it happens, you win.

To do so you have to debate reasons of why certain things will happen, and how you will counter your opponent. Even more simplified, is its origins, Battle of the Dream Teams.

Edited by Silenceo

I will work on an expanded explanation, but the short version:

Select 4 characters to lead a Faction. That done, select units they have previously had access to as well as ships. From there, you choose planets to defend aka your bases. Then, you are matched with another Faction. The goal is to be the last one with your Head of State (Leader) Alive.

It can be through all out war, assassination, or even a duel.

As long as it happens, you win.

To do so you have to debate reasons of why certain things will happen, and how you will counter your opponent. Even more simplified, is its origins, Battle of the Dream Teams.

So what is the arbiter? So, If ALL my faction is dead except for my leader, I'm still in the kaggath?

So what is the arbiter? So, If ALL my faction is dead except for my leader, I'm still in the kaggath?

Yes, though chances of success are slim.

The Arbiter tallies the arguments and judges their merit, by the end using the tally he decides the winner and writes a scenario to visualize the outcome.

Keep questions going, they must be answered!

OK, since Beni is probably out, I'll explain.

Basically, you create your own faction of various soldier units, vehicles, starships and cruisers, and characters. Then it gets put against the faction of another person. Let's take the current Kaggath for example and look at the two factions:

Leadership

Head of State: Jedi Master Revan

Second-in-Command: Jedi Master Surik

Allies: Jace Malcolm & General Antilles

Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies [Raxus Prime]

Organisation: Hutt Cartel [Makeb]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Republic SpecForce/Great War [500]

Minor Ground Force: Alliance Infiltrators [40]

Minor Ground Force: Revanchists [50]

Light Vehicle: TX-130 Saber-class tank [22]

2nd Light Vehicle: T-47 airspeeder [22]

Heavy Vehicle: MPTL-2a [4]

Naval Forces

Fighter Class: X-Wing starfighter

Bomber Class: B-Wing starfighter

Elite Class: BT-Y Thunderclap

Light Capital Ship: Hammerhead-class cruiser [15]

2nd Light Capital Ship: Endurance-class fleet carrier [6]

Heavy Capital Ship: Interdictor-class cruiser [20]

Flagship: Alliance [imperious-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: Galactic Republic [Great War]

vs

The Wroshyr Alliance

Base of Operations: Toborro’s Palace

Leadership

Head of State: Grand Master Sebatyne

Second-in-Command: General Dodonna

Allies: Corran Horn and Chewbacca

Supplier: SoroSuub Corporation [sullust]

Supplier: Hapan Intelligence [Hapes]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Wookiee Warriors [1000]

Minor Ground Force: Antarian Rangers [640]

Minor Ground Force: Jedi Knights/NJO [50]

Light Vehicle: Wookiee ornithopter [22]

2nd Light Vehicle: AAC-2 hovertank [22]

Heavy Vehicle: AHS-1 heavy assault airspeeder [9]

Naval Forces

Fighter Classes: E-Wing

Bomber Class: K-wing assault fighter

Elite Class: X4 Gunship

Light Capital Ship: Hapan Battle Dragon [7]

2nd Capital Ship: MC40a light cruiser [10]

Heavy Capital Ship: Majestic-class heavy cruiser [22]

Flagship: Obi-Wan [Nebula-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: New Republic

Basically you want your leadership to be able to work together so that your faction doesn't fall apart when one person decides to defect.

In this current iteration, the two sides are first pitted in a space battle, where we debate which ships are more effective, how effective the tactics employed will be, and so on, until the Arbiter (judge) decides who won. Then it moves to the ground battle, which is basically the same deal- how effective units are, how effective tactics are, and so on. The ground portion usually includes a leadership battle, in which the leaders of the two factions are pitted against each other. Whoever's Head-of-State survives wins the game.

It's basically a versus debate on a massive scale.

OK, since Beni is probably out, I'll explain.

Basically, you create your own faction of various soldier units, vehicles, starships and cruisers, and characters. Then it gets put against the faction of another person. Let's take the current Kaggath for example and look at the two factions:

Leadership

Head of State: Jedi Master Revan

Second-in-Command: Jedi Master Surik

Allies: Jace Malcolm & General Antilles

Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies [Raxus Prime]

Organisation: Hutt Cartel [Makeb]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Republic SpecForce/Great War [500]

Minor Ground Force: Alliance Infiltrators [40]

Minor Ground Force: Revanchists [50]

Light Vehicle: TX-130 Saber-class tank [22]

2nd Light Vehicle: T-47 airspeeder [22]

Heavy Vehicle: MPTL-2a [4]

Naval Forces

Fighter Class: X-Wing starfighter

Bomber Class: B-Wing starfighter

Elite Class: BT-Y Thunderclap

Light Capital Ship: Hammerhead-class cruiser [15]

2nd Light Capital Ship: Endurance-class fleet carrier [6]

Heavy Capital Ship: Interdictor-class cruiser [20]

Flagship: Alliance [imperious-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: Galactic Republic [Great War]

vs

The Wroshyr Alliance

Base of Operations: Toborro’s Palace

Leadership

Head of State: Grand Master Sebatyne

Second-in-Command: General Dodonna

Allies: Corran Horn and Chewbacca

Supplier: SoroSuub Corporation [sullust]

Supplier: Hapan Intelligence [Hapes]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Wookiee Warriors [1000]

Minor Ground Force: Antarian Rangers [640]

Minor Ground Force: Jedi Knights/NJO [50]

Light Vehicle: Wookiee ornithopter [22]

2nd Light Vehicle: AAC-2 hovertank [22]

Heavy Vehicle: AHS-1 heavy assault airspeeder [9]

Naval Forces

Fighter Classes: E-Wing

Bomber Class: K-wing assault fighter

Elite Class: X4 Gunship

Light Capital Ship: Hapan Battle Dragon [7]

2nd Capital Ship: MC40a light cruiser [10]

Heavy Capital Ship: Majestic-class heavy cruiser [22]

Flagship: Obi-Wan [Nebula-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: New Republic

Basically you want your leadership to be able to work together so that your faction doesn't fall apart when one person decides to defect.

In this current iteration, the two sides are first pitted in a space battle, where we debate which ships are more effective, how effective the tactics employed will be, and so on, until the Arbiter (judge) decides who won. Then it moves to the ground battle, which is basically the same deal- how effective units are, how effective tactics are, and so on. The ground portion usually includes a leadership battle, in which the leaders of the two factions are pitted against each other. Whoever's Head-of-State survives wins the game.

It's basically a versus debate on a massive scale.

Interesting...When are kaggaths held? (as in, when can i submit a faction? Just got a really awesome idea)

Interesting...When are kaggaths held? (as in, when can i submit a faction? Just got a really awesome idea)

Well, faction making is closed at this point, so you'll have to wait until the current tournament is finished.

And when will that be ?(lol)

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Time. This last match took around a week or two, maybe three? And there are about 5 matches (correct me if I am wrong) in round 1. Then there is round 2 and ect.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Time. This last match took around a week or two, maybe three? And there are about 5 matches (correct me if I am wrong) in round 1. Then there is round 2 and ect.

^Pretty much this. We've got a while to go. However, if you want you can participate in the current tournament as a debater.

I am most impressed by your explanation, I have nothing to add. :p

Well one thing, I don't know if you know Silenceo but the Kaggath existed in another form before the War of the Dream Teams. It basically wasn't player made, so w'ed pit characters and their "factions" against each other. Like Revan's Sith Empire vs Darth Traya's Sith Empire and so on...

I am most impressed by your explanation, I have nothing to add. :p

Well one thing, I don't know if you know Silenceo but the Kaggath existed in another form before the War of the Dream Teams. It basically wasn't player made, so w'ed pit characters and their "factions" against each other. Like Revan's Sith Empire vs Darth Traya's Sith Empire and so on...

Hmm, I do not remember that part of Kaggath history... It must be false!!! :p

It is interesting though, but I am guessing the limited number of factions is what leads to the Dream Teams, and then, the Kaggaths?

It is interesting though, but I am guessing the limited number of factions is what leads to the Dream Teams, and then, the Kaggaths?

Dream Teams was created by someone else, but the thread died before we could get started, so Beni adapted it for the Kaggath series.

Ha! How did you think Warren and Aurbere got their thrones?

Nah Dream Teams just came out of the blue, it was made by some random guy but he didn't put enough effort into it and despite our attempts to salvage it it fell apart. The Kaggath had been going for a while now and the tournament has just ended, so I decided to make a Dream Teams variant.

Edited by Beniboybling

Nah Dream Teams just came out of the blue, it was made by some random guy but he didn't put enough effort into it and despite our attempts to salvage it it fell apart. The Kaggath had been going for a while now and the tournament has just ended, so I decided to make a Dream Teams variant.

Interesting... Beni, did you decide by yourself to reinvent it into the wonderful thing it is today, or were you elected like Palpatine, who then seized power for eternity? :D

Though I am unsure what it is, I almost feel like something could be added to the Kaggath series for the next tournament, but I can't put my finger on what... All I know is it had something to do with multiple players...

Though, i am not quite sure if I should classify the Survival Game as a hit, or too early to call... Any thoughts? People are not being too forthcoming in their feedback. I know, you have already given feedback, but I needz more!

Side Note: Ooooh, do tell the story about Strider's and Aurberes Thrones. They have been talked about much, but explained very little.

Edited by Silenceo

Interesting... Beni, did you decide by yourself to reinvent it into the wonderful thing it is today, or were you elected like Palpatine, who then seized power for eternity? :D

Though I am unsure what it is, I almost feel like something could be added to the Kaggath series for the next tournament, but I can't put my finger on what... All I know is it had something to do with multiple players...

Though, i am not quite sure if I should classify the Survival Game as a hit, or too early to call... Any thoughts? People are not being too forthcoming in their feedback. I know, you have already given feedback, but I needz more!

Side Note: Ooooh, do tell the story about Strider's and Aurberes Thrones. They have been talked about much, but explained very little.

No it just came to me (in a dream!) and we rolled with it.

Well let me give you a brief history, it started off as a standard series of threads. I think the first one was Grievous vs Malgus? Back then they would only last for a couple of dozen pages, so we burned through that pretty quick. :p

Anyway then I decided to do a tournament version, using the same characters but with different matchups and of course a process of elimination, and it ended with the famed Traya vs G0-T0 match in which Traya won.

And basically after that alone with announcing the Grand Champion I gave Aurbere and Warren the honorary titles of King and Queen of the Kaggath for the most and bestest participation. :p

I think this new Survival game has great potential too. :D

This reminds me, who tried to get that galactic conquest game up and running? That sounded like it would be so great...What was the issue? Lack of enough participants?

Rayla (Lady)

Aside from that I didn't pay much attention and so I'm unaware of what actually killed it.

Ha! How did you think Warren and Aurbere got their thrones?

I totally deserve a throne for my crushing of the rebellious factions in the last one :p

I think Empress would do, I need to make sure I outrank Aurbere ;)

What was it? Also, sil, I would DEFINETLY call the survival game a hit.

A combination of me, and realising just how much effort it would be to coordinate this.

But yeh, I, Rayla and Aurbere (Along with some help), tried to take command and form a democratic body to lead it, I was sorting units and alliances, Aurbere and Rayla had other duties.

I however had some IRL issues come up, that took me away from the forums, and everyone else realised the monumental task it'd be, so a lot of people lost interest.

And then a lot of people had issues with the 3 of us sorting stuff along with a self appointed Beni, and friction came in...

Yeh, a lot of reasons.