Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key

-Ace-Rimmer-
01.29.2015 , 02:53 AM | #1
Probably been asked a million times before but can't get security to work. Using android smart phone and downloaded app. Put in serial number and activation code from details on security key set up. When i put in security key number it tells me it doesn't recognise the code. I am a subscriber. Does this mean a call to customer support?

OwenBrooks
01.29.2015 , 05:29 AM | #2
Mobile setup directions are below - click the don't setup key now link and then restart the process http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2201 , reset the app on the phone too for good measure.

Click on ‘Set up a new Mobile Security Key’

Before you can continue, you will be asked to enter another one-time password. This is to ensure that you are adding the key to your own account, and that the person adding the key is the account holder.

Having entered your code correctly, you will be brought to the Mobile Security Key set-up page.

On this page, you will be asked to enter the serial number displayed on the computer screen into your Mobile Security Key smartphone application.

Next, you will need to enter the 20 digit confirmation code displayed on the computer screen into your Mobile Security Key smartphone application.

Next, you will need to input the code displayed by the Mobile Security Key App on your device into the specified box on the webpage.

If the website then asks you for the serial number of your Security Key, please check the Information tab on the app, and tap 'Security Key Information', this will bring up a window containing 'Information for Tech Support', the serial number listed here is the one required by the website.

Click on ‘Save’ and your Mobile Security Key will now be confirmed as linked to your account.

ManOfOne
01.29.2015 , 04:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by -Ace-Rimmer- View Post
Probably been asked a million times before but can't get security to work. Using android smart phone and downloaded app. Put in serial number and activation code from details on security key set up. When i put in security key number it tells me it doesn't recognise the code. I am a subscriber. Does this mean a call to customer support?
Did you get it setup properly now?
If your paying credits then I am up for the job.

Join under the Friends of Star Wars program
http://www.swtor.com/r/5BM6Mp

-Ace-Rimmer-
01.30.2015 , 12:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ManOfOne View Post
Did you get it setup properly now?
Nope. Tried all sorts and still not working. Think i will give it a miss and hope am not missing out on decent gear because of it.
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

abhaxus
01.30.2015 , 03:54 PM | #5
I had this problem after I had to get my key removed from my account when my tablet died with no warning. Never was able to register a mobile key after that. I went ahead and bought the security key from EA. Worth it IMO. 6 bucks one time for essentially 2.4 months worth of cartel coins per year.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | Aßhaxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | Aßhole - Commando

OwenBrooks
01.30.2015 , 06:50 PM | #6
Are you actually seeing the option to setup the mobile security key ? or just the physical key ?

for some reason people clicking this http://www.swtor.com/securitykeysetup tends to bring it up if your not.