Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dashes in name causing problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-abraXXo-
09.19.2013 , 08:48 AM | #1
Have documented some troubleshooting steps I took in page 3 of this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=666666&page=3

Yesterday I created a new account (this one). Please note the dashes at the beginning and end of the name. I tried to boot the game but after hitting play the game would fail to load, no error messages. I thought it may be that I had to subscribe (I was going to anyway) so I subbed and added a security key (android). Same result. I changed password and removed the key. Same result. I tried running fixlauncher and eventually reinstalled the game. No change. I then created a new account, abraxxxo, and it worked. Same for another account, wigglyguppy (don't laugh lol, was out of ideas and saw my fish) it boots no problem. I then made another account with dashes, -abraxo-, and it doesnt boot. I then tried dashes inside a name, rustlerr--t, it boots no problem.

What I noticed was in the appdata/local/swtor/swtor/settings folder, each successfully booted account was generating its own config file. This is not happening with the ones who are preceded and followed by a dash.

Now, this wouldn't be a problem, I would just use any of the accounts except I have subbed to the account I'm now posting on and cant log in to. As detailed in the thread linked, I am not prepared to wait in hours of queues to seek a resolution. The way i see it is we can either change the name of my account or refund me so i can sub to one of the accounts that works.

I WILL NOT CALL AGAIN, DO NOT SUGGEST IT.

If you have an alternative solution I'm happy to hear it.

Bronholz
09.19.2013 , 10:03 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings -abraXXo-,

Thanks for contacting us.

We are aware of this issue and it's caused by the streaming launcher technology. If you follow the steps here, it will switch you to the standard launcher and you should be able to login.

We are working to get the issue resolved and apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

-abraXXo-
09.19.2013 , 10:13 AM | #3
Ok, I'm giving this a shot just now. Will let you know what happens when it has redownloaded.

-abraXXo-
09.19.2013 , 02:10 PM | #4
It worked. Thank you for your help.

Bronholz
09.19.2013 , 02:14 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I'm glad to hear that you are able to access the game again.

Apologies that you had to reinstall to resolve the issue.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

-abraXXo-
09.19.2013 , 02:31 PM | #6
Lol, that was actually the 3rd re-install but don't worry. Lost a couple of days out the sub but at least I got a fix for the weekend.