Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Log Out/Quit Game Crashing

--Mordecai--
12.17.2011 , 12:32 PM | #1
As the name implies, every time I try to quit SWTOR my computer crashes to the point I have to manually restart it.

-I've tried Esc-Quit Game and that resulted in a crash.
-I attempted logging out first, then it black screened for 5 minutes and crashed.
-One time I successfully logged out but then when I hit the Quit Game button....CRASH. When it crashes my task manager does not even respond.
-At one point I Alt-Tabbed in the game, pulled up Task Manager and tried to end the SWTOR program from there, which of course was not responding and crashed.

It's really not good for my laptop to continuously manual restart it and was wondering if anyone else experienced these problems and knew of fixes. Often times after a crash the SWTOR website is also messed up for a while...not displaying images and telling me I do not have access to the forums when I'm logged in. Furthermore, I do randomly disconnect often. I'm not sure if this is related but it is also something I'm experiencing. With 500+ person queues on my server these problems can cause upwards of an hour long wait before getting back in game.

I'm very appreciative of Bioware providing such a great game and I savor every moment of my Early Game Access but I would like to know if these issues have been addressed.

--Mordecai--

--Mordecai--
12.17.2011 , 12:52 PM | #2
Bump.

shikimono
12.29.2011 , 01:47 AM | #3
While i don't have to reboot my computer, my game is crashing on every time i quit the game.
Bump