Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need to Impress, in Voss, is bugged! [post 1.1.2]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Need to Impress, in Voss, is bugged! [post 1.1.2]

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

---AlterEgo---
02.07.2012 , 12:25 PM | #1
I just got to Voss, and I started doing the quests here in Voss and I'm at the part where I gotta talk to Embassador Jannik to turn in a quest, but he keeps repeating the 1st dialog over and over, the one that gives you to start the quest.

I got to Voss after 1.1.2, and I was reading the patchnotes for 1.1.2 and it mentioned this being fixed, but is it only fixed for people who were on that at the time of the patch? How does that make any sense?

Any ideas how to bypass this bug? Resetting, relogging, etc, nothing works. Jannik keeps repeating the initial dialog and I can't turn in the quest. It's really gonna suck if I can't complete the Voss story line on this alt.

Vitor
02.07.2012 , 12:36 PM | #2
I'm in the same situation, this sucks.
Phalanx -PhX-
"You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life."

NoWhere_Man
02.07.2012 , 12:41 PM | #3
Same here tried to turn it in and it just replays the start of the quest.
"I don't have to win, all I have to do is fight" ----Mace Windu Shatterpoint

---AlterEgo---
02.07.2012 , 01:14 PM | #4
I got the standard "we'll forward your report to the relevant department" response to my ticket.

I asked in the ticket to just freaking tag it as complete so I could advance in the story line. How hard would it be to simply tag this quest as complete? I guess Control V'ing some template is easier than tagging a quest as complete to a customer.

This game is really getting on my nerves.

Tanesis
02.07.2012 , 01:50 PM | #5
I'm experiencing the same issues with my Consular. A tad annoying.

Blomsma
02.07.2012 , 02:09 PM | #6
Just experienced the same issue. Hope they fix it!
The force is strong in this one.

ToliverGrey
02.07.2012 , 02:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post
I got the standard "we'll forward your report to the relevant department" response to my ticket.

I asked in the ticket to just freaking tag it as complete so I could advance in the story line. How hard would it be to simply tag this quest as complete? I guess Control V'ing some template is easier than tagging a quest as complete to a customer.

They cannot delete undeletable quests. They cannot tag a quest complete for you. The game code does not allow for you, GMs, or anyone else to do these things. They'll have to repair such issues via patch.

MitzaMike
02.07.2012 , 02:48 PM | #8
Same problem here it's fustrateing that i can't go any further in the game ...

xMadMax
02.07.2012 , 03:05 PM | #9
If this was a PVP prob, server's would get shutdown for a hotfix.

settix
02.07.2012 , 03:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post

This is because the in game CSR is outsourced to Portugal or something. All they have is a script that they use for all CSR issues, and anything that they can not answer with that script gets defaulted to "forward as bug".

We have EA to thank for this, they are known industry wide to cut corners to save a penny any where possible.