Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too many str / end drops.

--Grim--
01.05.2012 , 01:30 AM | #1
I play a trooper vanguard. Just hit 40. I save any good gear that drops while I am soloing for alts that I want to play eventually.

Since I started playing, the random blue, orange and purples are over 90 percent str / endurance gear. I rarely get anything with aim, cunning or willpower. But my bank is full of str / end gear.

Something is wrong with the way loot drops are being calculated. Please fix it.

Itofa
01.05.2012 , 01:32 AM | #2
Maybe it's just your luck because all I ever seem to get is aim gear lol.

--Grim--
01.05.2012 , 01:44 AM | #3
I would think that if it only happened a couple times. But every day since launch is the same thing. I have only received a couple of pieces of blue or better loot that wasn't str / end and that was during groups when noone else wanted it. Obviously, I'm not talking about predetermined quest loot, just the random drops.

All blue and above random drops off of mobs and loot boxes are str / end while I am soloing. I have saved them all and my bank has nothing but str / end gear.

I suspect their algorithm takes into account your class when deciding the loot it takes from the loot table. But somewhere along the way they messed up the weighted values.

Right now I have enough gear to play two jedi toons to level 40. Purple light sabres, bp's, orange gear and lots of blues. All str / end.

Something is wrong with their loot table calculations. It isn't game breaking but it is very annoying.

DaniWes
01.05.2012 , 01:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Itofa View Post
Maybe it's just your luck because all I ever seem to get is aim gear lol.
I'm actually getting all Aim and Str gear, never any willpower or cunning which I need for myself or my companions (Sith Inq).
My BH alt is full kitted out though, so there's an advantage to this, but not the way it should be.
Played WoW for 5 years, SWG for 3 years, Rift for 6 months, AoC for 4 months, Aion for 2 months, Sorc Wars The Old Republic for 2 months.
Class Division in SWTOR

coffeerox
01.05.2012 , 01:55 AM | #5
I play a Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer) and a friend and I duo flashpoints. The only things we ever seem to find are Bounty Hunter gear with Aim/Endurance. I've been in every flashpoint so far and the common occurrence is that EVERY BOSS will drop Bounty Hunter gear and nothing else. There is the rare occurrence that I actually get a piece for myself.

Guess which class my friend plays? Bounty Hunter. So he gets ALL the loot. It's quite unfair and it's not fun to run multiple times. The leveling game is more fun than the flashpoints because I seem to get everything I want.

I had a few theories floating around. It may depend on a number of factors:

Party leader's instance
Classes going into instance determines loot tables
The class of the looter
Who loots first

I noticed that my friend was the first to loot the corpse and he got the drops EVERY SINGLE TIME. I loot the corpse and I had a higher chance of getting something different to drop, but not necessarily what I need.