'Heralds of Victory' Game Update!

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

It is my pleasure to announce Game Update 5.10.2 ‘Heralds of Victory’. It will be on PTS later this month and it will go live in April. The main feature of this update is the addition of a a new guild system called Guild Heraldry, which will allow guilds to create their own personal emblems. Additionally, the Preview Window has gotten completely revamped. For more specifics, the announcement article can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190312

Next week, there will be an article going more in-depth about the changes to the Preview Window and another back-end update accompanying it.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone!

It is my pleasure to announce Game Update 5.10.2 ‘Heralds of Victory’. It will be on PTS later this month and it will go live in April. The main feature of this update is the addition of a a new guild system called Guild Heraldry, which will allow guilds to create their own personal emblems. Additionally, the Preview Window has gotten completely revamped. For more specifics, the announcement article can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190312

Next week, there will be an article going more in-depth about the changes to the Preview Window and another back-end update accompanying it.

Please tell me that the guild emblems and preview window changes aren't the only things in this update.

Please tell me that the guild emblems and preview window changes aren't the only things in this update.

This is exactly what I came to ask. I have no interest in guild stuff and updating a preview window is nothing to get excited about or even announce as an update. At best it's a patch fix.

Thank you for the news! I appreciate the more frequent updates.

I couldn't care less about guild heraldry but I am excited about a new Preview Window.

Throw in some fixes & improvements to the GTN filters and increase the X/Y movement of decorations in hooks above +/-20 and I'll be positively overjoyed.

Edited by Xina_LA

Will the "many other places" the guild emblem shows up include decorations - banners, flags, wall hangings, floor coverings, etc. - so folks can display their guild emblem in their strongholds and flagships?

Or maybe "uniforms" (aka armor sets) that will allow players to wear their guild's emblem, like a badge on the chestpiece, or a big design on the back of a "robe" or "cape"? Perhaps just an option to add the guild emblem to one's gear. Could be an extra "show/hide guild emblem" appearance toggle, like the "hide head slot" option. Or maybe go full medieval and add a "tabard" slot to outfits, that folks can wear over their gear to display the guild emblem?

Or custom speeders emblazoned with the guild emblem?

Because, seriously, a dinky little pip (like the size of this >>------> :rolleyes: ) next to your name in a few lists here and there hardly seems worth the effort, both the dev effort of putting this feature in, and the player effort of designing an emblem for their guild.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

I've got to agree. If the heraldry showed up on decorations, mounts, and armor (not just expensive Cartel Market items), I would be excited about that, too. I'm looking forward to the PTS thread!

Maybe we'll get a "Claim All" button for Legacy-unlocked mounts, emotes, pets, and titles in Collections?

Edited by Xina_LA

Thanks for the update! I'm excited by the thought of customizing our guilds with unique heraldry. :)

increase the X/Y movement of decorations in hooks above +/-20 and I'll be positively overjoyed.

The things I would do for such an increase should not be spoken in a public forum. :o Bioware would really make a positive impact on the decorating community if they could find any way to do it.

I'll echo the others that this is too little to call it a Game Update. The Celebration cantina tour cannot come soon enough, but even then we'll have to wait another 3-4 months until 6.0 releases...

Personally, I don't care too much about guild heraldry. On the one hand, it can't be too prominent. If you force it onto players' armor set and mount, that would cause a whole lot of drama because everyone has a different favorite color. (I will never understand why some guilds enforce a certain armor/dye set for their members).

On the other hand, if it is relegated to the guild window, guild inspect and the conquest pop-up (which everyone complains about), it is a nice gimmick at most, and probably not even worth the RoI.

Some decorations or a flair with the guild banner like Adric_the_Red described would be a nice compromise. I'll make sure to check it out on PTS and give feedback.

I don't care even a little bit about a revamped preview window. That is worth a small note in the patch notes but should not be a major selling point of a Game Update. Please don't tell me we are in maintenance mode already.

Edited by Jerba

Love the attention being given to guilds and I love the preview window update (that's LOOOONG overdue)...but I really hope there's a bit more meat to this update since these seem like side updates, not a main one...

Will the "many other places" the guild emblem shows up include decorations - banners, flags, wall hangings, floor coverings, etc. - so folks can display their guild emblem in their strongholds and flagships?

I'm going to be lame and reference GW2 again.

GW2 has had guild emblems since the beginning. There are various places they get displayed.

* Magic Carpet Travel Toy: https://i.imgur.com/sdezhkW.jpg (also the corresponding glider skin)

* Guild Cavalier weapons all have a small dangly bit of cloth that shows your guild emblem

* Guild armour chestpiece: https://i.imgur.com/vFelGKX.jpg (also on the back)

* A backpack gear piece: https://i.imgur.com/CpVGsS7.jpg

* Various glider skins have small versions of it.

* If a guild member participates in WvW and helps capture a camp / tower / keep, he can "claim" it(1), and flags will display the guild emblem.

(1) Yes, there is a queue system if members of multiple guilds are involved in the capture. No, I don't know how it decides which order they are in the queue.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I play alone, in a guild of one. Woooo. :(

I had hoped there would be more story or companion stuff. Sorry, I can't be more excited, but thanks for the info.

While I'm mostly in the same boat, I'd rather they increased rewards for actually playing the game.. You can only do the story so many times but I'm overjoyed by the preview window update (if it works!). Next they'll tell us that they found the 'claim all' button for emotes and titles for collections in their code :D

This update, I see someone had the gall to name it that, is a joke. Those useless guild "innovations" is what Keith's raid group/guild wants next? This is not new content, not even close. Edited by ExarSun

Is this an early April Fool's joke?

:rolleyes:

Dasty

I wish... they repeatedly refuse to address our concerns while adding things that aren't necessary.

Again, my bitterness is not targetted at you Mr. Steed, but at your bosses who can't seem to figure out what we actually play your game for.