PVP healing

Acron

Remember MMO dev teams never look after healers. Weak abilities, poorly scaling healing, and lack of effective reactive defence skills are the always on the menu.

As long as the dps players can just hit skills until someone falls over then everything is a.o.k.

I shouldn't imagine the issues with group frames will be sorted anytime soon.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt read the 16 pages, maybe someone gave you the solution for your ui : just add one more or less % on the size. It will debug for you WZ.

And do it at every begining when you are waiting for the "GO" and you will be op for heal your mates.

It works for me until they fixe it.

Edited by Aegyptos

control tab selects what ever teamate's are in front of u.... who clicks on targets in any mmo?

with that said all i play are healers, it's what i've done in any MMO over the past 10 years, i have no problem healing a WZ getting up to 200k in total heals. so i fail to c where it's broken for everyone else if it's not broken for me?

control tab selects what ever teamate's are in front of u.... who clicks on targets in any mmo?

with that said all i play are healers, it's what i've done in any MMO over the past 10 years, i have no problem healing a WZ getting up to 200k in total heals. so i fail to c where it's broken for everyone else if it's not broken for me?

Man once I got AoE heal my top went from ~250 to ~490 in one fell swoop. Voidstar especially the numbers become insanely high. (JC Sage)

I also moved my operations frames and tried to make them look more "Grid-like" but also a bit different, I'll post a screenshot in a bit. It's very rare for me to either tab target or click a player, I work off the frames and being aware of who is about to LoS me.

Edited by Battyone

I agree with the op. This is a game breaking issue, especially because in general there is only 1 or 2 healers. If your one healer cannot heal ... everyone is screwed (compared to one broken dps, loosing only 1/7th of the dps)

• 2 weeks later...

/signed

Gives us mouse over macros as well please. Let us scale the UI please. Fix the slow response of abilities to cast times. Level brackets would be nice too.

PvP at level 10 without Sprint Really? No abilities. PvP feels like you guys just slapped something together and hoped for the best.

I experienced the same thing during a raid on the world boss on Coursant yesterday. Everyone's health bars were full and then all of a sudden a third of the raid was dead.

It is what is caled a bug! Was returning after a quest in lowbie zone then insta dead and dc'ed!

I know that feel bro.

Outta my group of friends I'm the main healer but at times when they aren't on and I pvp alone I want to cry. Everything feels so unresponsive and laggy in pvp that its not funny, I work my butt off to keep everyone in the warzone alive while 3-4 DPS bend me over and take turns with their stuns.

If pvp felt as smooth as WoW I'd have no problems. Spell cancelling, bursting, interrupting...it all felt like I was in control

Im SWTOR I spam my rapid scan and pray it goes off (cause it finishes casting but sometimes the heal is like 1.5-2 seconds delayed and if my ally runs behind a pillar or something just makes it worst)

• 4 weeks later...
/Signed

Healing in PvP is imossible with that Raidframe.

The Medal`s for Healer in PvP suck too. As DD you can easy get 6 Medals per game, as Healer you get only 2 (75k heealing and heal over 2,5k) no matter how much you Heal.

greetz

Well that is why people mostly dont want to heal :( I love healing and I found it very frustrating to not get medals even for highest heal :/ UI is terrible. :mad:

To the guys trying to click the target they want to heal:

LOL! Are you really doing this?

Are you really trying to click the target you want to heal?

If you are- here is an easy fix to that:

Go to preferences-> User Interface -> Operations frames

Set Height and width at 100% and fill in every square except Operation frame visible.

Now go into WZ and be reborn.

Tips:

Click the squares of the players, not the players themselves, a lot easyer as they dont move.

When the suqare of the player is grayed out you are out of range and you cant heal them.

To the guys trying to click the target they want to heal:

LOL! Are you really doing this?

Are you really trying to click the target you want to heal?

If you are- here is an easy fix to that:

Go to preferences-> User Interface -> Operations frames

Set Height and width at 100% and fill in every square except Operation frame visible.

Now go into WZ and be reborn.

Tips:

Click the squares of the players, not the players themselves, a lot easyer as they dont move.

When the suqare of the player is grayed out you are out of range and you cant heal them.

So I'm trying out PvP heals - and just realized I'm usually missing 1 or more people from the ops frame in every game. If I didn't experience so much lag I might be able to click on them, but I should be able to rely on the operations frame, no?

Every game I see someone getting ganked and looking at the Ops Frame I don't see the guy. I then try to click him, oops hit the enemey, no problem target-of-target, too late - he's dead.

Please fix this asap - this is beyond frustrating