Need help.

MclaughlinJoe

So, I was ofline for a bit because of some financial trouble. When we became stable again, i got back on and didn’t notice anything weird until i went to my flagship that I personally bought and noticed i couldn’t activate the planetary defense anymore. I didn’t think much of it because i was going to korriban and thought i guess, because its a sith world it wont let me. Later I got to wondering who was all left in my guild after my departure, so i looked. When i did, i noticed i was ranked as one of the lower ranks so i kept looking and figured out that the game gave my guild away while i was offline.

My question is, how do i go about getting my guild back? And why does it say this was posted @ 2 a.m. when its currently 7cst?

If you stop subbing, or don't play for a month, the guild will be given away.

You get it back by asking the current GM yo give it back, or wait until he/she stops subbing or doesn't play for a month.

There is no such thing in the game as "personal guild"as soon as you invite someone else into it. It immediately becomes everyones guild, just the GM has unlimited power until they lose the position due to the reasons I outlined above. If you know you aren't playing for a while, kick everyone else in the guild before you leave.

So, I was ofline for a bit because of some financial trouble. When we became stable again, i got back on and didn’t notice anything weird until i went to my flagship that I personally bought and noticed i couldn’t activate the planetary defense anymore. I didn’t think much of it because i was going to korriban and thought i guess, because its a sith world it wont let me. Later I got to wondering who was all left in my guild after my departure, so i looked. When i did, i noticed i was ranked as one of the lower ranks so i kept looking and figured out that the game gave my guild away while i was offline.

My question is, how do i go about getting my guild back?

You need to find out who the current Guildleader is and try to contact them somehow, ask if they'd be willing to hand the guild back to you. It's no longer your guild though, not technically no matter what you've invested in it and purchased for it. Bioware has a policy where, if you've been offline for 28 days or more, leadership is passed on to the next highest ranking member with an active subscription and a more recent login than yours. "You snooze you lose", basically. Not being blunt, it's just Bioware's policy on guild ownership and they don't intervene in getting it back for you.

I'd recommend if you do get it back, or start a new one and you don't want this to happen again, do not invite anyone other than your own alts.

Forum time seems to be set to GMT.

...no idea why.

Completely off topic here, but go into forum options and change your location to another other city in your time zone. That should do the trick. It may take a few to find one that works, but if it doesn't not sure what else you can do.

Actually, one more question. If I quit playing for a bit and kick everyone out would it not just delete the guild?

It won"t delete the guild, but if you unsub as well as being inactive, it will eventually unlock the guild's name, and another guild could claim it. I'm not suggesting that this *will* happen, just that the game permits the reassignment of names from inactive guilds to active ones.

Bioware has a policy where, if you've been offline for 28 days or more, leadership is passed on to the next highest ranking member with an active subscription and a more recent login than yours.

In my original guild from 2011 are nowadays only a few alts of mine and a few alts of the co-guild leader. He logs in twice or three times per year.

Last week, I logged into one of my crafting alts (like I do several times per week) and saw that the guild leadership was passed on to the other guy.

I checked the logins. I (obviously) hadn't logged into the char who was the GM for 28 days. The other guy had logged into the game with one of his alts 27 days ago. I had logged into some of my alts 1 day ago.

One day later, I got the leadership back. But why did that happen in the first place? The alt I logged into should have gotten the leadership. I am actually playing the game and I was higher ranked than that other guy, too. But he got the leadership nonetheless. Makes no sense to me.

This is the exact same way I lost my original imperial guild back in 2013. Well, it also included a douche who exploited that, kicked me out and stole everything from the guild bank. But that's another story. ;)

In my original guild from 2011 are nowadays only a few alts of mine and a few alts of the co-guild leader. He logs in twice or three times per year.

Last week, I logged into one of my crafting alts (like I do several times per week) and saw that the guild leadership was passed on to the other guy.

I checked the logins. I (obviously) hadn't logged into the char who was the GM for 28 days. The other guy had logged into the game with one of his alts 27 days ago. I had logged into some of my alts 1 day ago.

One day later, I got the leadership back. But why did that happen in the first place? The alt I logged into should have gotten the leadership. I am actually playing the game and I was higher ranked than that other guy, too. But he got the leadership nonetheless. Makes no sense to me.

I think the actual policy is "first sub to log in after".