Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eye opening article on Kotaku

Rion_Starkiller
04.04.2019 , 12:08 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
How was DAI a let-down? It was a critical success and financial one.
I agree. DA2 set the bar low for DAI. So it was quite successful.

There are many of us out there, however, that dreamt of a DAO 2.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

FlameYOL
04.05.2019 , 09:33 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I agree. DA2 set the bar low for DAI. So it was quite successful.

There are many of us out there, however, that dreamt of a DAO 2.
I still love DA2, for a game with that little development time it came out pretty good and a few of the features there (Especially the rivalry/friendship system) would've been great at Inquisition.

Meh, I love DAO as much as the next guy but I don't get the nostalgia *****, there isn't a need for a DAO2 I certainly hope the next game does take the story back to dark fantasy as we'll be going to Tevinter of all places. But I don't want them to just make DAO2 for the sake of making DAO2. If they want to make the 6th blight, I'm all for it, but I don't want it to be just for its own sake, I want it to have a proper story that ties in to the wider saga. Unless you mean a DAO 2 in terms of quality of writing, choices, etc which in that case I'm all for that though I'm very pleased with Inquisition's (unfortunately that requires trespasser for the actual ending but that's another can of worms) but like I said I do think it's time to go back to dark fantasy.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

AscendingSky
04.08.2019 , 03:34 PM | #33
Jim Sterling put out a video today reacting to the Kotaku article, focusing specifically on what sounds like the super toxic work environment at BioWare. Gotta love the title: A Video About BioWare Working Staff To Tears And Calling Its Mental Abuse "Magic".

(NSFW Warning: Jim Sterling uses naughty language.)
https://youtu.be/GN1uV57hE_w
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!