Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eye opening article on Kotaku

Spoloma
04.03.2019 , 10:43 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Sadly, it's not just them. That is the state of the video game industry across the board. It's horrible. I usually am anti-union (because of the financial political abuse members suffer while the teamsters get rich), but the game design industry is one of two areas (pro sports being the other) where I think Unions are a necessity. Now more than ever with the way publishers now abuse those who are often having to forgo even medical insurance to work on a work of passion that in the end the people who play it may not even like.

It's rough being in game design.
This time around its not ea bruh, its devs themselves. EA gave them 6 years and 400mil to develop a game with literally no pressure, aside of insisting of frostbite. The fact that devs didn't and still dont see the vision for anthem is hardly ea's fault, not to mention postponing huge amount of work until last year or so. I think bw's devs call it bioware magic. All this stuff started from DAI, which received positive reviews, despite it being a massive let down, in comparison to first DA and older games. If anything, EA should fire lead managers and others who facilitated this **** for so long.

Rion_Starkiller
04.03.2019 , 10:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Instead of reading articles on trash sites like Kotaku, maybe you should watch what the developers actually tell you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ToZXxkpm4Y

Anthem and SWTOR have different teams. Some people work on both, but they do not affect one another. They are different teams.
6.0 news will probably come on the star wars celebration as they pretty much confirmed (asterisk as things happen).

This game has already clearly changed. It returned to a multiplayer focus with story mixed in. Iokath was the first step in that direction, Ossus is the confirmation.
Kotaku is trash? Hmm.

As for Anthem vs SWTOR teams, you may be somewhat correct. But to what do you attribute the 2 new devs on the forums in March 2019 immediately after Anthem was released? i.e. DanielSteed and MikeB, and whoever is running QADroid. Why haven't we had an expansion since 5.0? (2 years and 4 months ago, but I'm not counting) If you can even call 5.0 an expansion... it was more like a large content update for SP Chapters. So if 4.0 was the last real expansion (SP focused as it was), then 3 years 5 months.

I think that for the past couple of years, we've had the skeleton crew of Musco/Charles/Scruffy working on SWTOR, while all the "crossover" devs were working on Anthem.

But all that said, I feel generally positive about this game. 6.0 is coming and we know that we are interested in multiplayer MMO content (well... many of us anyway). I hope there are more raids, more planets with rep, and less RNG gearing.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

hillerbees
04.03.2019 , 01:30 PM | #23
Think you are wrong on Osus being 6.0.

Great article, really feel for the devs - BioWare should not treat its employees in such a way as to negatively affect their health in such a manner.

Hope that now Anthem is released some effort will be put back into keeping SWTOR on the rails....though it looks like they will be juggling plates over on Anthem too for a while.

2019 is already better than 2018 in SWTOR imo as devs are communicating better and PTS is being used in a better fashion than it was before.

Star Wars has an enduring attraction to generations of fans and if cherished SWTOR should endure and flourish.

DarthSpuds
04.03.2019 , 01:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Instead of reading articles on trash sites like Kotaku, maybe you should watch what the developers actually tell you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ToZXxkpm4Y
Why would we trust that more than Kotaku?

Ben Irving told us "RNG was exciting", he was clearly lying.

Keith told us the Conquest changes would mean more fun for more people, and more chance for smaller and medium guilds to win - that was lie too.

I am not saying I trust Kotaku at all, but I don't trust the Devs either.

I'll believe 6.0 is "real" that day after it hits the live servers.

Until then it's just another potential broken promise from Bioware.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Rion_Starkiller
04.03.2019 , 01:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Why would we trust that more than Kotaku?

Ben Irving told us "RNG was exciting", he was clearly lying.

Keith told us the Conquest changes would mean more fun for more people, and more chance for smaller and medium guilds to win - that was lie too.

I am not saying I trust Kotaku at all, but I don't trust the Devs either.

All The Best
Agree with you on RNG, but for our medium sized guild, Conquest is fairly easy. I'd say it's about the same difficulty as before for large yield. You know your guild doesn't have to be in the top 10 right? It just needs to make it's conquest number (1.1 million, i think?).
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

DarthSpuds
04.03.2019 , 01:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Agree with you on RNG, but for our medium sized guild, Conquest is fairly easy. I'd say it's about the same difficulty as before for large yield.
And for Small Guilds who relied on running Alts through?

Yeah, worse than its ever been.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Akevv
04.03.2019 , 06:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
And for Small Guilds who relied on running Alts through?

Yeah, worse than its ever been.

All The Best
Yup, can confirm, 5.8 killed interest in conquest and dozens upon dozens in my guild left. We went down to three English servers directly after, so that should be all the clue anyone needs how 'successful' those changes were. Yes, conquest in its current form is (finally) playable, but anyone who would've been interested already left.

Ossus has been more of a slow bleed, as stuff that should have been addressed (like getting the same loot items over and over) hasn't been. Folks -did- come back for Ossus, but they didn't stay because its incomplete, doesn't fit the existing Galactic Command system, and is on rails (nothing to do other than dailies, and one sort of dungeon).

There's still no actual MMO stuff, not even remotely comparable to days gone by in Star Wars Galaxies or other old school MMO's. I'm here, playing this game because its Star Wars, not because of anything the devs have offered of late. Everything they do, makes my role as a GM more difficult because its just change for the sake of change, not making stuff better. We'll see...

commanderwar
04.03.2019 , 06:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Akevv View Post
Yup, can confirm, 5.8 killed interest in conquest and dozens upon dozens in my guild left. We went down to three English servers directly after, so that should be all the clue anyone needs how 'successful' those changes were. Yes, conquest in its current form is (finally) playable, but anyone who would've been interested already left.
Actually no, server merges (2017) came first then 5.8 (2018)

Quote:
doesn't fit the existing Galactic Command system, and is on rails (nothing to do other than dailies, and one sort of dungeon).
Thank god IMO it better then GC, what they need to do it put gear back into flash points for max levels, and give you gear based on how hard ithe content is, GC should remain for solo players but it should not give the highest gear unless you do the hardest content.
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

FlameYOL
04.04.2019 , 11:07 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
This time around its not ea bruh, its devs themselves. EA gave them 6 years and 400mil to develop a game with literally no pressure, aside of insisting of frostbite. The fact that devs didn't and still dont see the vision for anthem is hardly ea's fault, not to mention postponing huge amount of work until last year or so. I think bw's devs call it bioware magic. All this stuff started from DAI, which received positive reviews, despite it being a massive let down, in comparison to first DA and older games. If anything, EA should fire lead managers and others who facilitated this **** for so long.
How was DAI a let-down? It was a critical success and financial one.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

aeterno
04.04.2019 , 11:16 AM | #30
What worries me most is that BW, once the premier story driven RPG studio, dropped the ball on the very thing they were once masters of - story. To not have a vision of what story you want to tell and how for years, leading it to sabotage the entire project, is shocking.

Feels like that not having a vision has, if not anthem like derailed, at the very least hampered every BW release post ME1. With all due respect to Charles, who does his best making it up as we go no doubt, SWTOR included.