How do y'all do it?

Scattergun

I've heard people talking about running dailies and heroics, but how does anyone get them done fast enough to run them on multiple characters? Nothing's low level anymore and you have to fight every single trash mob(nothings grayed out anymore), it takes me hours to run through section x, czerka, yavin(the damn revanite wallet never spawns) , black hole, and the one with the escape pods and terraformers(forget the name of the place). Add makeb into the mix and it's an all day affair. That's not including any of the regular planet heroics.

Do you guys get the weekly on one character and then switch to another and repeat on the next night? I feel like since I came back the level balance slows everything down and I'm barely making money actually playing the content. At this point, I just want to blow up enemies and decorate my stronghold lol. Maybe get some rep pets and decorations. Id like to fund that without gouging people on the gtn.

That's the thing, though, I don't have interest in crafting as a job. I like making gear for personal use, but that's about it. Can I make enough to stay in the black by playing the content? I forget what rating im at. I think 288 or 287. My main is lvl75. Would fps or ops make more cash than heroics and daily's/ weeklies?

If you choose the right dailies on say Onderon, the 6 can be done in 15mins. For the weekly, either do 10 the same day, or just repeat the same 6 the next day. I found the Imp ones quickest, but that may just be routine. Rooftop Rumble, To catch a Killer, Royal Reconnaissance, Recording History, Tamed, Proving Your Worth are those I do.

You will not be able to do all the dailies in the game; that attempt might/would drive you completely bonkers; choose a few to do when bored: I like Ziost, CZ-198 in addition to Onderon, they're quick and easy as long as you stay away from the weekly ops.

Edited by Berntk

If you are after fast heroics, you can google it, people have been making lists (i have one too) in the past of the fastest heroics to do, some take under 1 min for example. Naturally they are fastest on a stealth class, but most are still ok with a non-stealther. Keep in mind that they are always different by faction. I would say reps have more fast ones than imp.

You should be able to finish the dailies like Black Hole, Section X, Czerka, Oricon, Yavin and Ziost in under 3 hours or so. Especially with the 306 gear rating you should breeze right through. Onderon can be done within the hour and Mek-Sha I haven't actually done that often to say something worthwhile about it. If you want to use the dailies for gearing up, I'd strongly recommend against that. Gearing up via Flashpoints is a hundred times faster, especially if you keep queueing for The Red Reaper Veteran Mode. Sure, it may be a bit repetitive but once automation kicks in you stop noticing you're running the same FP over and over, it's not that bad actually.

Also, I don't recommend you fight every mob you see in the daily areas. If you have an objective where you need to kill X amount of mobs, just kill enough to get the objective and then avoid as much as possible or when you are attacked, just keep running until they disengage. The heroic on Section X for example, just spam your self-heals and defensives while running through all the mobs until they disengage you, you don't need to kill them and it saves you a lot of time.

Edited by Ylliarus

I've heard people talking about running dailies and heroics, but how does anyone get them done fast enough to run them on multiple characters? Nothing's low level anymore and you have to fight every single trash mob(nothings grayed out anymore), it takes me hours to run through section x, czerka, yavin(the damn revanite wallet never spawns) , black hole, and the one with the escape pods and terraformers(forget the name of the place). Add makeb into the mix and it's an all day affair. That's not including any of the regular planet heroics.

Do you guys get the weekly on one character and then switch to another and repeat on the next night? I feel like since I came back the level balance slows everything down and I'm barely making money actually playing the content. At this point, I just want to blow up enemies and decorate my stronghold lol. Maybe get some rep pets and decorations. Id like to fund that without gouging people on the gtn.

For their next patch they should consider some modification to the mission economy. One issue I have right now is the payout from this kind of content is no longer where it should be in comparison to expenses. Given the current cost to repair armor, if you die a couple of times in a hard flashpoint you can take a net loss on what your doing. The dings and damage during a daily can very well exceed the payout, or cut into it considerably... and of course I doubt they bothered to consider that "dailies" are supposed to be quick things and shouldn't take that long and assigned the stats accordingly.

I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice. Among other things I would say the following needs to be addressed:

1. FP missions need to have a payout in accordance with the new repair metric. I would say making 40k (20k profit if you die once) is not unreasonable for most, and the difficult ones should probably aware 100k or more if one can easily expect puggers to die multiple times.

2. PVP rewards need to be adjusted upwards substantially. The idea is that your rewards, win or lose, are largely dependent on the number of medals you earn. Now don't get me wrong, I think PvP in this game is a joke, and such an unfixable mess that it will never be able to be taken seriously bar a complete game overhaul which will never happen (this would need to affect more than just PVP as all systems inter relate). That said right now medals stop counting after 8, and the rewards for those 8 medals are kind of trivial, the difference between victory and defeat in terms of credit payout seems to be sort of minimal at the level we play at now too.

Simply put I think PVP rewards should be based not just on medals, but the actual match type and the amount of time expected to be invested. As Huttball can take a while it should likely pay the best, where since Death Match can be over with REALLY fast in many cases it should have the smallest rewards any way it goes. Medals should also NEVER stop counting in terms of increasing your rewards to add some incentive to keep playing.

See, if I log into a PVP match I'm not taking it seriously anyway, I'm there to grind, and this is sort of the right attitude because if the other team is pre-made, or has a few small groups of people in it (even duos or trios) and mine does not it's going to be a one sided mess. A lot of times I can figure out how it's going to go a couple minutes in just based on how people behave.... so I figure I might as well just whack a couple of guys, throw a heal on myself, and then once I get my medals treat the entire thing like the joke it is. If it's a good match I'll be more useful, but mostly I'm just sort of there and run around randomly waiting for it to get over.... on the other hand if youy add more medal types and make them keep counting, even in a totally doomed steamrolling of whatever PUG horde I've found myself with I have some incentive to at least do something, as I will get a payoff at the end.... likewise maybe there should be some payoff to MVP votes (if there is I have never figured it out) in terms of credits and other things added to the total making it so people will be incentivized to be thought of well... I mean right now why do I even care what people in there think? Especially if it's a one sided joke of a match right from the beginning, where even outnumbering the other side 2 to 1 we're basically being farmed in every confrontation?

So basically, I'm saying I think both Flashpoints and PVP should pay better. In the latter I think it should be based more on contribution (and there should be more ways to do that and much higher caps). I'll likely never be able to take PVP in this game as anything other than a parody of what it should be, but at least it would make me feel like I had a reason to even try. Right now once I have a few medals why exactly should I even continue to fight the other team in a losing battle? Why not just stand near an objective to suck up defender points and read a comic book on my kindle until someone saps me.... see the problem is for all intents and purposes the way PVP is in this game most of the time it literally does not matter if I do that or set out to be Lebronn James with a Lightsaber. :)

They've nerfed the payouts from everything really badly, you used to be able to make anywhere from 500k up on most weeklies. Now you are lucky to get 200k. Everything has been slowed down too, not actually harder to do, just longer to kill. Ziost and cz-198 are the fastest, Black hole can be quite fast too. Oricorn is probably the longest, and hardest with the heroic. Sec x on imp side is quicker, rep side is a little longer. Yavin can be quick enough if you are on a low population instance, and you aren't fighting people for objectives. Makeb can be longer and definately more boring, very few people actually do it. Doing them all can take between 2 to 3 hours, depending on your game play, etc.

If it's credit you are looking for, gather mats, and sell them on the GTN, just look and see which are selling well. Or use your monthly cc's to buy cartel stuff and sell it, best bet is the cheaper deco's that go for a bit higher, start small and build us :)

Edited by DarkTergon

Oricon and Section X are both awful now. They always presented some challenge - you always had to watch the heroic mobs in Oricon or you'd get wiped - but now they're simply not worth doing unless it's a conquest objective.

Weeklies aren't much fun anymore, and not just because of difficulty or length of time - it used to be, doing a weekly with a boost and maxed CXP in perks would net you several command levels. Now you're lucky to get 1. What was the point grinding the Commanding Influence cheevo when the renown rate is so slow now? When you only get one or two measly pieces of gear per level?

.. it takes me hours to run through section x, czerka, yavin(the damn revanite wallet never spawns) , black hole, and the one with the escape pods and terraformers(forget the name of the place). Add makeb into the mix and it's an all day affair. That's not including any of the regular planet heroics.

Do you guys get the weekly on one character and then switch to another and repeat on the next night?

When most people talk about running dailies, they are only talking about a few of them, not every one. Usually it's only the latest dailies (Onderon, Mek-Sha) that people do on multiple characters. Lately, the only "dailies" I run are the Onderon ones, and that's only once a week (the Weekly).

I find doing Flashpoints to be more rewarding and fun.

Edited by JediQuaker

Thanks for all the advice. I think im just going to keep running stuff for reputation so I can collect decorations and pets. I'll deal with being poor lol.

When y'all talk about making money with crew skills do you mean slicing lockboxes? Just trying to craft universal mk3 prefab is a pain in the ***, I don't think I have it in me to spend that kind of time trying to gather mats and craft endgame stuff to sell.

CZ-198, Black hole, and Section X, together take less than an hour for a group.... section X is the real hold up there.

(tip for black hole, only one person needs to do the interior ones for the group to get credit, so a stealther hits end of torvix, while someone else does the other two)

similar for NArshadda and tattoine heroics... full group you blast right through them

therea a few heroics where you can zip through as a stealth and have only 1 or no fights (belsavis imp side)... in fact stealth is the prefered way to run most dailies, since it lets you skip so much trash