Beware: New Radeon Crimson drivers.

Sindariel

If you want to try out the new Radeon Crimson drivers that were released today, be warned.

With the new drivers, ALL special effects in SWTOR were suddenly invisible for me (Ability effects, water effects, even the little symbols above the mailbox and cargo hold etc.).

I experimented around with all driver settings, but nothing restored the effects and I had to go back to the previous Catalyst drivers.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the case for everyone, but you should be warned, beforehand.

Edited by Sindariel

Same exact issue, I upgraded to the Crimson drivers in the hopes that it will resolve a persistent problem with BSOD's originating from atikmpag.sys but now I logged in to SWTOR to find all special effects just gone.

Lowered AA to Medium and it seems to resolve most of the issues (tried High as well but it made no difference) so it can serve as a temporary workaround.

It does seem like Bioware has got something against ATI card users though *dons tinfoil hat*

If having issues try the Beta 15.11.1 drivers, Crimson is 15.11 Some people online say the beta driver is better.

Installing Beta 15.11.1 fixed it for me. You may need to roll back or uninstall your current driver first, otherwise the beta installer may claim you are already running the latest version.

• 3 weeks later...
I have found a temporary workaround by lowering my AA settings in game. My not work on all machines, but it works on mine with a AMD FX-6300 and R9 280.

Thanks! That did the trick for me. I just installed the Crimson drivers and didn't notice enemies were firing at me because I could no longer see any effects!

• 4 weeks later...