Most POWERFUL Jedi/Sith

Tityn

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question all depends on what is meant by powerful: Powerful in the force? Best with as lightsaber? What?

The most powerful Sith ever, by default, has to be Palpatine. Could he beat DarthX in a lightsaber duel, probably not. Was his ability with the force greater than DarthY, doubtful. And yet he did what no other Sith Lord could do, he ruled the galaxy. The measure of a Sith Lord is the power he attains, none were more powerful than Sideous.

Anakin peaked right before his untimely 'scorching'. After that, he was too much machine. The mechanical parts of his new anatomy could not retain the midichlorians (SP?) needed to become the strongest jedi or sith. IMO

Just leave out midi-chlorians, you'll go farther :) "The force is an energy field created by all living things" is a much better description.

Edited by Blauu

if you really want to get down into it midichlorian style Anakin still ranks out as top of the list for most midichlorians which would make him the most powerful if he reached his full potential. Also the reason Palpatine is so powerful is he has some sort of crystal that multiplies his power x2 so he really isnt that powerful

Just leave out midi-chlorians, you'll go farther :) "The force is an energy field created by all living things" is a much better description.

Ok, I'll agree with that. So, would you agree in saying his energy field was seriously restricted due to his mechanical requirements?

Ahh ok interesting. I too have always thought that Anakin was the chosen one but was unsure.

Thanks for the information.

Sidious is the strongest Sith, Luke is the strongest Jedi, Anakin is the prophesied Chosen One, Luke is the prophesied Savior.

Ok, I'll agree with that. So, would you agree in saying his energy field was seriously restricted due to his mechanical requirements?

I'd agree with that, his mechanical parts aren't generating the energy field. I believe in the now discontinued table top game every piece of cybernetics you got was a cumulative -5 on a "use the force" check. A level 20 (The max, which Luke, Revan, and the emperor would be) would have like a 30 or so to "use the force". So going by strict numbers of a Lucas licensed game it is a pretty big penalty

Edited by Blauu

Not being sarcastic or anything but google jedi names and a list will pop up. I don't remember the website which is why I'm saying google. I did this for the beta

I did do that and I only got name generators that popped up really lame names. thanks for the tip though bud.

Sidious is the strongest Sith, Luke is the strongest Jedi, Anakin is the prophesied Chosen One, Luke is the prophesied Savior.

This is what I've been trying to say as far as Lucas has declared it, but it seems people still want to argue.

As I stated earlier however, my personal opinion is that Bane was the most powerful Sith. Huge fan of him.

Vader didn't believe he redeemed himself. He said he was too far gone for redemption himself.

"I have to save you father."

"You've already done that. Tell your sister, you were right about me. You were right."

He actually said that he was redeemed. Right in the movie.

This is what I've been trying to say as far as Lucas has declared it, but it seems people still want to argue.

As I stated earlier however, my personal opinion is that Bane was the most powerful Sith. Huge fan of him.

While Bane is absolutely my favorite Sith Lord, it is demonstratably obvious that Palpatine is stronger. He achieved things through the Force that Bane never did, and mastered all seven lightsaber forms. But yeah, people will argue that idea up and down, because they just don't know enough about the setting.

While Bane is absolutely my favorite Sith Lord, it is demonstratably obvious that Palpatine is stronger. He achieved things through the Force that Bane never did, and mastered all seven lightsaber forms. But yeah, people will argue that idea up and down, because they just don't know enough about the setting.

I'm not disagreeing that Palps wasn't the strongest, I was just saying that I in my own mind feel that Bane was the better Sith. It's a biased opinion, although not true to actual canon.

"I have to save you father."

"You've already done that. Tell your sister, you were right about me. You were right."

He actually said that he was redeemed. Right in the movie.

Fair enough, earlier on he made a comment saying the opposite. I just finished watching ROJ again.

Fair enough, earlier on he made a comment saying the opposite. I just finished watching ROJ again.

Yep, in his own words, "It is too late for me, son." That was however, simply an incorrect statement. At the time, he was experiencing an internal conflict, in which the part of him that was the Jedi was stirred from a long sleep through interaction with his son, and Luke's actions, that of a true Jedi, unleashed the good within Anakin. Had Vader known the truth of the situation at the time, his statement, as well as the ending of the story, would have happened differently.

Everyone Seems to forget a few things....

1) Palps is the Strongest sith ever because he mastered all Sith forms, traditions, and evolved the Sith Tradition. Palps killed 3 yes i said it 3!!! of the best Lightsaber duelists in the Order under Yoda and Windu...Obi-Wan is up there but against Palps he wouldn't last as long as Plo Koon, and Sasee Tinn....also remember Palps fought both Windu, and a fully powered Yoda and survived because he is smarter than them.

2) Anakin vs Obi-Wan was one of the most dangerous fights for Obi-Wan....Obi admitted he couldn't fight Anakin in a straight duel because of Anakin's raw power and technique. Obi had to use his experience against Anakin's lack of emotion. Anakin over powered, and was too quick even for Obi-Wan's experience so Anakin can easily defeat Obi-Wan

3) Luke vs Vader was a one sided fight first - Luke is too inexperienced to fight Vader on equal footing i don't care what anyone says, Luke can't overpower Vader, and also has no dueling experience like Vader...and second Vader wasn't fully into the fight he didn't want to fight Luke his son, and when he found out about Leia as he daughter he realized his true legacy and tried one more push against Luke. If Vader wanted to he could have easily crush Luke with so much quickness...Remember Vader fought for 2 years in the Great Jedi Hunt, killed many jedi's and whole armies!

The Strongest Sith is Palpatine - Knowledge = more power no matter what.

The Strongest Jedi is Luke/Anakin - Depending on experience

1) Palps is the Strongest sith ever because he mastered all Sith forms, traditions, and evolved the Sith Tradition. Palps killed 3 yes i said it 3!!! of the best Lightsaber duelists in the Order under Yoda and Windu...Obi-Wan is up there but against Palps he wouldn't last as long as Plo Koon, and Sasee Tinn....also remember Palps fought both Windu, and a fully powered Yoda and survived because he is smarter than them.

Mostly accurate info there. As I recall Windu did really beat Palpatine In a lightsaber duel.

Windu was in my opinion simply the Best Lightsaber duelist in the galaxy at the time. His unorthodox use of Vaapad might also have been the key factor to him winning.

Palpatine won through the same means he conquered the Galaxy: insidiousness.

2) Anakin vs Obi-Wan was one of the most dangerous fights for Obi-Wan....Obi admitted he couldn't fight Anakin in a straight duel because of Anakin's raw power and technique. Obi had to use his experience against Anakin's lack of emotion. Anakin over powered, and was too quick even for Obi-Wan's experience so Anakin can easily defeat Obi-Wan

I don't recall anywhere that Obi-Wan stated he couldn't match Anakin in a duel?

Obi-Wans mastery of a defensive Lightsaber style was so great he could fight General Grievous 1 on 1, and Windu said somewhere he was The master of the defensive style.

Also, Obi Won the duel. Hehe, pun.

3) Luke vs Vader was a one sided fight first - Luke is too inexperienced to fight Vader on equal footing i don't care what anyone says, Luke can't overpower Vader, and also has no dueling experience like Vader...and second Vader wasn't fully into the fight he didn't want to fight Luke his son, and when he found out about Leia as he daughter he realized his true legacy and tried one more push against Luke. If Vader wanted to he could have easily crush Luke with so much quickness...Remember Vader fought for 2 years in the Great Jedi Hunt, killed many jedi's and whole armies!

I agree on the first part. Vader could have killed Luke pretty fast in their first duel.

But what Is the Great Jedi Hunt? Since you're saying he was Vader at the time I can only deduce you mean The Great Jedi Purge, which was just the continued enforcement of Order 66, carried out from Episode 3 through 6.

This is why I sometimes despise EU. If you read a lot of the stories or just summaries of them (or the games) I get the feeling that they all have to bring out an even more powerful force user or doomsday weapon until it becomes completely ridiculous. Which of course in my mind just makes these comparisons utterly and completely pointless.

Then of course we have the comparison between characters in the movies which even they become pointless because we can never really know how good a character is with a lightsaber since the outcome is all down to how Lucas wants the story to progress. It's not like he sits with a bunch of D&D cards with the characters on them and compare lightsaber stats to see who will win in a fight.

But please continue comparing them because it is entertaining and fun to read.

I've never read anything focused on Palps, is there a novel or something I should look for in particular?

The Dark Empire comic book series. It is C-level canon, which is only two levels below the movies and scripts and novelizations and the like. There is also the Star Wars D6 Role-Playing Game Sourcebook, Dark Empire. Most comprehensive info you will find on Palpatine. Those comics show that he is demonstratably far stronger than any Sith to ever exist, including Lord Vitiate. Though, I do think Lord Vititate is the second strongest Sith.

Edited by Jorander

Anakin is the chosen one. He brought balance back; just not in the way the Jedi thought.

Of course the phrasing is nebulous enough to infer that the "balance" he brought back to the force could be Luke himself.