Buyer Beware: Gray helix Lightsaber!

Isidore

(I have scanned the web for anyone else mentioning this and found nothing)

- The Gray helix Lightsaber from the Gree event is crooked coming off of the hilt. It is not straight. It is several degrees off. I never noticed it until I used it on my Guardian who holds his saber upwards at all times. It is quite maddening to stare at a crooked saber for hours at a time. If you have OCD tendencies avoid getting this saber for a guardian. You won't notice it on other saber wielders. There is a picture of it on Dulfy's guide to the Gree event:

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/12/swtor-relics-of-the-gree-event-guide/

- Another more well known bug is that the saber loses it's special effect and reverts to a generic saber appearance after casting certain abilities, turning in quests, and completing certain tasks with your saber drawn. This can be fixed by pressing 'Z' to sheathe your weapon then pressing 'Z' again to unsheathe your weapon.

- FUN FACT: The Gray Helix Lightsaber is one of the longest, if not the longest, lightsabers in-game. It is a good in-game foot longer than almost any other saber you'll find. Its one of the reasons I still use it despite the bugs.

Hope this helps some make a decision on what Gree event weapon to purchace. Good luck and may the force be with you.

people actually use/wear legacy gear? about the only thing I use it for is passing stuff between one toon and the next. I rarely equip it, so i guess if its something you actually use, it might be an issue, otherwise who cares if its a visual bug. My inventory doesn't care.

- FUN FACT: The Gray Helix Lightsaber is one of the longest, if not the longest, lightsabers in-game. It is a good in-game foot longer than almost any other saber you'll find.

I'd have to check again, but I think the THORN Outbreak Response light saber blade is as long and thicker. And also Bound to Legacy. But the hilt is green.

Mine's not crooked...or has any effect change bug, and from what I can see on the Dulfy pic its not crooked either :-/

check again, the light saber (not the double-bladed one) hilt and the blade are not aligned properly, the blade is at a slight angle with regards to the hilt. On the image the blade should have pointed more vertical/upright since that is the angle of the hilt in the image.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/swtor-gray-helix-lightsaber.jpg

and a little visual cue to make it even more visible

http://imageshack.com/a/img539/2812/8a5631.png

whether or not someone actually uses the lightsaber is totally beside the point.

Edited by LeJarC

check again, the light saber (not the double-bladed one) hilt and the blade are not aligned properly, the blade is at a slight angle with regards to the hilt. On the image the blade should have pointed more vertical/upright since that is the angle of the hilt in the image.

whether or not someone actually uses the lightsaber is totally beside the point.

I noticed it within seconds of using it when it was first made available. I sent in a ticket....way back when and was told the info had been passed along.

Bent blade...guess the Gree aren't all that technologically superior afterall.

EDIT: Still use it on my SI but it's an annoying visual screwup, that's for sure.

people actually use/wear legacy gear? about the only thing I use it for is passing stuff between one toon and the next. I rarely equip it, so i guess if its something you actually use, it might be an issue, otherwise who cares if its a visual bug. My inventory doesn't care.

I prefer the BoL gear to any of the CM stuff. I like the Makeb Imperial Assault Chest and Sand People's Bloodguard Robes the best.

I agee! I use one on my Guardian too and I always thought it looks a bit odd like it was no completely aligned, but I thought it was just some kind of optical illusion or that I was seeing things, but those pics you've put up seem to confirm that I am not mad!

I always used it though because it looks awesome even if it seemly wonky, it would be nice to have some dev confirmation on it though either way.

Throw a black core crystal in there.. When I had my Black-Green crystal in it, it not only looked angled, it also looked to be off-center of the hilt. It's hard to see with a lighter core because there's poor definition between the core and edge because of the bloom, with a black core there's a sharp contrast.

Always thought it looked offcenter AND bent, of course I always thought it was just me too (I have astigmatism).

Throw a black core crystal in there.. When I had my Black-Green crystal in it, it not only looked angled, it also looked to be off-center of the hilt. It's hard to see with a lighter core because there's poor definition between the core and edge because of the bloom, with a black core there's a sharp contrast.

Always thought it looked offcenter AND bent, of course I always thought it was just me too (I have astigmatism).

Got a Black-Green in there and I rarely notice much (I tend to stay zoomed out 100%).

If you're zoomed in... then yeah, looks like a bent phallic object rather than a lightsabre.

Edited by AshlaBoga

They will never fix it. I have been bumping my bug report thread "weapons lose special affects" for a while now and no response.

I would actually buy CM sabers if it wasn't for this bug, plus they can't seem decide what size they want their hilts either. The testing in this game is so bad. I swear they have like 30 people max working on this game.

Edited by Toweleeeie

Oh heck yes. That's why I've got about 400 pieces of fully-populated Legacy gear, of almost every kind available. Even Voss.

What do you mean, "even Voss"? That Voss armor looks pretty nice. It's a must-have. Or do you mean the tedious way of achieving it? Then yes, I agree. It was a nightmare.

What do you mean, "even Voss"? That Voss armor looks pretty nice. It's a must-have. Or do you mean the tedious way of achieving it? Then yes, I agree. It was a nightmare.

My wife and I put off my grind for Voss rep until we had enough 168+ geared toons to facerole it together.

The things people will do for fashion ... today I was was thinking, should I grind the Star Forager set? :)