LFA - looking for answers

demonmana

Ok so given the circomstances i think its about time to get to the bone of things. What i ask is simple, are the destination servers for your "forced transfer" plans going to be the same servers as they are now or will we have other options? I think with whats going on we at least deserve to know that if we should just go because your going to force us anyway or if we will have other server options.

Ok so given the circomstances i think its about time to get to the bone of things. What i ask is simple, are the destination servers for your "forced transfer" plans going to be the same servers as they are now or will we have other options? I think with whats going on we at least deserve to know that if we should just go because your going to force us anyway or if we will have other server options.

Good luck on getting any knowledgable response. BioWare is well known in TOR to have poor communications with the player base.:cool: Tip: You make get some answer on Facebook or Twitter.

Edited by Valkirus

Good luck on getting any knowledgable response. BioWare is well known in TOR to have poor communications with the player base.:cool: Tip: You make get some answer on Facebook or Twitter.

Not really. From what I've seen on the forums they are very good at answering questions.

The problem is, people like you aren't happy because they don't disclose their next couple of years updates and patches so start saying they are ignoring everyone.

This question has been answered a couple of times by the community team as well as the Devs.

They will rotate the servers available to transfer to. They don't know a solid time though but it will be soon.

People can make multiple threads about how BW tell us nothing but when they gave us a time for ranked wzs and had to postpone it everyone was up in arms about how BW shouldn't be telling us stuff when they aren't 100% sure.

When the option to pay to transfer comes out, you will be able to pick what server you transfer to, you won't just have to pick from their list of "destination servers".

We pay for their heavy-handedness? Being forcibly removed and then pay to move again just so you don't have to delete characters because the server THEY are forcing you onto has no character slots?

And that's ok?

Some players are either very rich or very dumb... Or both! :o

Not really. From what I've seen on the forums they are very good at answering questions.

The problem is, people like you aren't happy because they don't disclose their next couple of years updates and patches so start saying they are ignoring everyone.

This question has been answered a couple of times by the community team as well as the Devs.

They will rotate the servers available to transfer to. They don't know a solid time though but it will be soon.

People can make multiple threads about how BW tell us nothing but when they gave us a time for ranked wzs and had to postpone it everyone was up in arms about how BW shouldn't be telling us stuff when they aren't 100% sure.

We see what we want to see sometimes. And the question was not answered in saying they would rotate the servers available to be transfered to....they still have not said if anymore servers will be added to the ones to keep and the OP's question are the ones now available going to be the same when the "forced server moves" are done. And lets see how long this thread goes unanswered and disappears into file 13. :p

QUOTE]

where did they say this i havent seen anything of the sort.

where did they say this i havent seen anything of the sort.

Maybe they're talking about this:

Servers Qualified for Rewards

Here is the current list of servers that qualify for the Free Character Transfer Rewards Program, including destination servers. Check back regularly as we will be updating this list as needed.

It's not about rotating or adding destination servers, though. It's just the verbiage they used for the transfers and they stuck the Free Character Transfer Rewards Program stuff in.

Edited by MadBlue

We pay for their heavy-handedness? Being forcibly removed and then pay to move again just so you don't have to delete characters because the server THEY are forcing you onto has no character slots?

And that's ok?

Some players are either very rich or very dumb... Or both! :o

They're not forcing you to transfer. It's an option, you don't have to take it if you don't want to.

Wanting to know what theyre planning to do with transfers or fixes is not wanting to know what they plan for the next 3 years. Quit exaggerating. They said they would communicate more yet havent if anything theyre worse than ever. They may as well have kept Stephen Reid and his Twitter account, as even he communicated more through there.

They couldnt even clearly communicate the obvious closing of the origin servers. Now we have a bunch of pissed off people who actually thought they had the option of staying in their origin server and keeping their name. But youre right, that would have just been "too much" for people like us, "too soon" :rolleyes:

They're not forcing you to transfer. It's an option, you don't have to take it if you don't want to.

From http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you-part-ii

"Later this summer, any remaining characters on selected origin servers will be automatically moved to designated destination servers. We will provide additional details regarding the automatic character transfer process at that time."

4-5 passages down based on your definition of a passage. If thats not your definition of forced then i dunno what dictionary you read from.

Edited by demonmana

The answer is here:

Later this summer, we’re taking steps to further strengthen destination server population. Ultimately, we are working to transition all players to designated destination servers in the Free Character Transfer Service.

Later this summer, any remaining characters on selected origin servers will be automatically moved to designated destination servers. We will provide additional details regarding the automatic character transfer process at that time.

The destination servers are not going to change.

Wanting to know what theyre planning to do with transfers or fixes is not wanting to know what they plan for the next 3 years. Quit exaggerating. They said they would communicate more yet havent if anything theyre worse than ever. They may as well have kept Stephen Reid and his Twitter account, as even he communicated more through there.

They couldnt even clearly communicate the obvious closing of the origin servers. Now we have a bunch of pissed off people who actually thought they had the option of staying in their origin server and keeping their name. But youre right, that would have just been "too much" for people like us, "too soon" :rolleyes:

How did anyone not see that coming? Did you honestly think they would be keeping over a hundred dead servers open so that a few people could keep their names that no one else is ever going to see?

What I would like to see though is before forced transfers they add the extra character slots that they've mentioned, as well as opening up multiple destinations per origin server.

The answer is here:

Later this summer, we’re taking steps to further strengthen destination server population. Ultimately, we are working to transition all players to designated destination servers in the Free Character Transfer Service.

Later this summer, any remaining characters on selected origin servers will be automatically moved to designated destination servers. We will provide additional details regarding the automatic character transfer process at that time.

So its basicly move now and get free swag lose your names or be forcfully moved later and lose pretty much get the worst kind of boned short of having your charecter deleted. Thats really lame i mean would a couple of options be so far fetched?

Edited by demonmana

The answer is here:

Nothing in that suggests that they won't allow origin servers to go to multiple destination servers by the time they start merging. All it says is that you can only transfer to certain servers.

Edited by MillionsKNives

It's getting to the point where my son and I will not resub until we can have our primary characters at a central location. I have a large time and credit investment on two different servers and it doesn't make sense to continue on until I can merge their resources.

FWIW, I love the game, I'm a big fluffer. This is pretty much the only issue that is bugging me.

Edited by bfrick

Nothing in that suggests that they won't allow origin servers to go to multiple destination servers by the time they start merging. All it says is that you can only transfer to certain servers.

It says you will be automatically moved. You won't have a choice.

It says characters will be automatically moved at that time. You don't get to choose where they go. When you go to bed, you'll be on your current origin server, and when you wake up, you'll be on the designated destination server for your server. Find your designated destination server on the list - that's where you'll be automatically moved to.

It says characters will be automatically moved at that time. You don't get to choose where they go. When you go to bed, you'll be on your current origin server, and when you wake up, you'll be on the designated destination server for your server. Find your designated destination server on the list - that's where you'll be automatically moved to.

Yeh...

Unfortunately I see the following happening:

1. Transfer to the current BW selected destination servers will be mandatory.

2. There will be no character slot expansion, until AFTER the mandatory transfers.

3. They will transfer characters for you, starting from top to bottom, you will have no choice.

4. When your destination servers slots are full: your toons left on the origin server will be deleted, or tossed into limbo so you can never recover them(i.e. you have to transfer them to the current BW designated servers, if they ever let you).

All I did was pick the worst possible scenario, so it does fit with most of their handling of the game.

they will be the same. why would they change them? there is no financial gain to be made to do so. if they did now the out cry and backlash would be outrageous. besides if there are other options we would have heard of them by now. you need to get with the program, move and get your rewards or be moved by them and get no rewards. it is really simple.

as far as demanding a answer sometimes it is better to ignore silly questions than answer them when the response is obvious.

they will be the same. why would they change them? there is no financial gain to be made to do so. if they did now the out cry and backlash would be outrageous. besides if there are other options we would have heard of them by now. you need to get with the program, move and get your rewards or be moved by them and get no rewards. it is really simple.

as far as demanding a answer sometimes it is better to ignore silly questions than answer them when the response is obvious.

Move or not move is the only outcome you see?

None are so blind as those that will not see.

My outcome with the current setup is to delete my toons from 1 server. 2 full servers don't fit into 1 destination server bucko....

Yes, that's if you don't move them. Like I said, it doesn't say that they won't open origin servers to more destination servers for people to transfer to. Your statement that it won't happen because of what you quoted is incorrect.

Yeh...

Unfortunately I see the following happening:

1. Transfer to the current BW selected destination servers will be mandatory.

2. There will be no character slot expansion, until AFTER the mandatory transfers.

3. They will transfer characters for you, starting from top to bottom, you will have no choice.

4. When your destination servers slots are full: your toons left on the origin server will be deleted, or tossed into limbo so you can never recover them(i.e. you have to transfer them to the current BW designated servers, if they ever let you).

All I did was pick the worst possible scenario, so it does fit with most of their handling of the game.

Yes, you already shared this very insightful post in another thread. But please, don't let me stop you from continuing to post it around. It's a great read.

They've already announced that more character slots will be coming very soon, and they're not going to delete or leave characters around that you can't use. Your worst-case-scenario isn't likely to happen, but sensationalist posts are always fun for getting responses right?

Edited by MillionsKNives

How did anyone not see that coming? Did you honestly think they would be keeping over a hundred dead servers open so that a few people could keep their names that no one else is ever going to see?

No, I knew it was coming. Not everyone did though and Bioware sure as hell kept it to themselves. They should have just merged the servers, skipped to this step here, all theyve done is waste peoples time. At the very least be clear about it from the beginning.

Either way, my point was their communication is horrible. Theyre hold things back, arent clear, and dont tell us jack **** until the very last minute. Devlopement times is one thing but they must be the most incompetent devs ever to not know wether or not we're getting any additional free xfers to other destination servers (or between them), wether or not the extra char slots will be free, legacy, or paid - and what theyll be doing with the forced transfers if the current destination server is already full.

Maybe they're talking about this:

Servers Qualified for Rewards

Here is the current list of servers that qualify for the Free Character Transfer Rewards Program, including destination servers. Check back regularly as we will be updating this list as needed.

It's not about rotating or adding destination servers, though. It's just the verbiage they used for the transfers and they stuck the Free Character Transfer Rewards Program stuff in.

No.

Im talking about this whole thread here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477706

They HAVE been updating Origin servers and adding more to destination.

You can clearly see this considering

UPDATE 9:30AM CDT June 21st, 2012

European Server (English)

Lord Calypho --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd

And then.

UPDATE 10:40AM CDT July 1st, 2012

Lord Calypho --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Lord Calypho --> The Progenitor

An extra server was added and available 10 days after.

They have been doing this for a number of servers since they released the free transfers just no one picked up on it much...