LiveStream Event #1

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! While we appreciate all of your questions, I wanted to just quickly remind everyone that we are looking specifically for questions about Game Update 1.4. Questions about the new Free-to-Play option are also welcome!

THIS x 10000, so many people in that stream were ignorant and trolls.

They said nothing why would you want to read that?

He's right guys, they sat there for 25 minutes. :p

I missed 20 minutes of it and hope a video pops up asap. Thank you devs for taking the time, too bad people can't read or listen to directions though. They will continue to cry but hand over their ~$15.

It was fine, there were some small details leaked and I enjoyed the glimpse of information. Having said that, this is a community and I would love to see more transparency. Those of us who come to the forum love the game and sharing information about what is coming will just help make us feel better about the game and it's future. It also helps us spend are time wisely and know that the team cares about what we think. George mentioned some things about the 1.4 relics and having some more detail there would be beneficial to all with pretty little downside (same with a discussion on Dreadguard itemization). I thought Blaine did a nice job talking about what would be in the Cartel Market and Cathar having to be successful for more races, to set expectations and alleviate subscriber fears about P2W.

He's right guys, they sat there for 25 minutes. :p

I missed 20 minutes of it and hope a video pops up asap. Thank you devs for taking the time, too bad people can't read or listen to directions though. They will continue to cry but hand over their ~$15.

So is this LiveStream Event #1 still going. But where is it?:)

Regarding this concluded LiveStream, will a transcript be available, or a video archive? I ask about transcript first because I read a lot better than I hear.

I think I brought this up in my first post in this thread because I don't like livestreams or podcasts. That's why the Q&A, even though they seemingly avoided most questions, worked well; I could read it whenever. Same with those two podcasts they did, they had transcripts so we could read them.

I think I brought this up in my first post in this thread because I don't like livestreams or podcasts. That's why the Q&A, even though they seemingly avoided most questions, worked well; I could read it whenever. Same with those two podcasts they did, they had transcripts so we could read them.

I'm better at looking at the Q&A it is better then going to these live thing's I'm not likeing them oh.

I completely missed the LiveStream, when was it and what time will it be on next week? Also has someone posted it to YouTube yet?

Oh they said things. Just not the things you wanted to hear.

I think at this point it's kind of expected that Bioware would only focus on upcoming content rather than the great beyond. For example, my own question was a nudge towards hybrid sandbox content but I think the answer was more dailies? Not quite the answer I was looking for but still an answer.

I completely missed the LiveStream, when was it and what time will it be on next week? Also has someone posted it to YouTube yet?

We're supposed to get one before every major patch.

Edited by Lord_of_Mu

Getting really tried of hearing about "stuff is coming that we can't talk about"

Guys, the game has been out for almost a year now and you are looking at only having 2 MAJOR content updates in that time. (1.3 being a stop gap, quality of life patch)

It's past time to talk seriously about the future. Teasing it only goes so far. Look at HK-51, it has become somewhat of a running joke among the fandom that he was announced so early, yet nowhere to be seen.

I watched the livestream, and I have to say. The fact that everything was soon or in the works bugs me. They tease HK-51 and the Cathar yet nothing has a set date. Its like they are using these things to keep us around. I am a loyal Star Wars and Bioware fan. Yet nothing was really answered besides the Cartel stuff. I have played other MMO's that have done live streams. ( City of Heroes) Where things were hinted at and what not. Yet the stream was over an hour long. A half hour isn't long enough to answer anything really.

I like that they are trying to interact with the community, but things need to happen. Questions need to be answered. Those of us on the test server, are wiling to help. Find bugs and glitches, but the questions need to be answered.

Its like they are using these things to keep us around.

That's exactly what it is, for all games. People will complain, yet a lot will keep on playing, sticking around to see what's coming, until the unenjoyable outweighs the enjoyable. As long as there are people who do this, games (and all companies, really) will always use the 'dangle carrot' method.

Almost everything they talked about was info that has already been released. Why have them in there answering questions when they're not providing any new info??

Highlights:

Cathar are going to be cash shop critters. Oh yay.

Cathar don't have a "we'd like to get them released by" timeframe. (Don't expect them this year.)

Hood toggles are hard, no idea when we'll actually get to them.

Continuation of story in Makeb. No mention of Chapter 4.

Cash shop items won't affect end game pve or pvp, but you'll be able to buy moddable leveling gear (and it'll look cool).

They'll be selling lock boxes in cash shop that give you the chance of getting really cool looking stuff. (You know, for the gambling addicts.)

They have more non-pvp, non-op stuff planned, but can't say a dang thing about what it is other than a new daily area. Seriously? More dailies? Class dailies would be the only type of daily I'd want more of at this point.

And last but not least, they're only going to do these LiveStream things when they have a new update coming. Seriously, don't bother.

Community Team, the Developer Updates are useful. I'd like to see more of those on more subjects. This cherry-picked rehash is ridiculous.

It's like they don't even want to try anymore. "We could discuss some of the meatier and more interesting questions and have a longer and more engaging session... nah, let's go to the pub."

In their defense, we do have some really awesome drinking spots here in Austin, lol.

Sigh. It was pretty much the Q&A all over again, but in "living color!"

Might get one for the F2P launch. But yeah, pretty much.

you don't think we might get one every 6 weeks as per the new development schedule?

Also start to worry even more about the health of the human race seeing how many trolls were on the live chat. I don't understand why you would go out of your way to do such things for a game you clearly don't like. Great job Allison although would of been good to hear a C.Woods - "pachow" each time they were banned :p

Also another issue that Bioware is having, is the last two founding fathers. So to speak are retiring. So that might be another underlying issue.

I want this game to succeed its just getting harder and harder to root for the underdog. With great games like City of Heroes going down. Who is to say that this game will last...