defeting Heskal in Asylum VI

bluefrg

Hi,

I'm really stuck, our I'm just that bad of a player. I have been stuck fighting Heskal in Asylum VI for way to long.

Is there a trick or something to help in fighting him?

Stuck meaning, more than 4 hours so far. I go for a while. stop and come back again another day. for an hour or so.

I'm getting frustrated. Any ideas would be most grateful!

He is taking more than an hour to fight!! :eek:

That fight is annoying and far longer than it needs to be, but it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes, 15 tops.

How are you not damaging him? Is it just that he is killing you and then you respawn and the same fight happens again? Is he glitching out and resetting his health bar? As far as I know he doesn't have any self-heals that should be capable of healing repeated basic attacks, let alone anything resembling a rotation.

Without knowing any more details I can only offer the most basic of advice, if it is a glitch then try resetting the mission, you may lose your progress on this chapter, but all previous chapters are still done.

There's all the usual advice about CC, interrupts, DCDs, and so on. (I've done this one three times now on Sorc, Commando, Commando, and while it wasn't easy, it was definitely possible. I don't remember how resistant he is to being CC'd, stunned, knocked back, or interrupted. The Sorc and the second Commando were both insta-60s, and it felt harder on the second Commando than I remembered it being on the Sorc, and also harder than the first Commando, who started KotFE at 65 with already some 208+ gear.)

The fight goes: beat on him for a bit, then burn down an illusory old foe, repeat. It *is* hard work, in any case.

Are you killing the visions off, as they appear?

Which role is your companions set for?

While the fight is long, I do not recall it being much more that 'Tank and Spank' the right targets

Done it on 4 characters so far , Sorc (DPS), Scoundrel (DPS), Knight (Tank), Sniper

Knowing a bit more about what class, role you are and what exactly is killing you (if anything) may help us give you better pointers.

Edited by GythralSWTOR

Addendum to my post:

insta-60 Lightning Sorc (a discipline/class combo I don't really know as well as I should)

long-duration (started around the time 2.0 came out) 1->65 Gunnery Commando with 208/216/220 gear, 208 or 216 crafted HBG (no crystal slot).

instal-60 Gunnery Commando (but of course with weaker gear than the other commando).

First was OK, second was easier because it's a class and discipline I know well even if I don't play it perfectly, with stronger gear, and the third not so much.

And yes, attack Heskal until the vision appears. Attack the vision until it disappears. (If you don't do this, your companion gets to heal you while you stand around doing nothing useful, because Heskal disappears while the vision is there.) Repeat until Heskal dies.

Stuck meaning, more than 4 hours so far. I go for a while. stop and come back again another day. for an hour or so.

I'm getting frustrated. Any ideas would be most grateful!

The only thing I can suggest is that you must have very low damage output. At the risk of asking a stupid question - are you using the proper weapon for your class, and is it properly modded? At this point in the game, you should be at least using a 190 rating weapon - either a non-moddable like a 192 level one recovered from a companion - or a moddable one that's fully modded.

Edit - I haven't made a insta-60, so I don't know what they come with, but are you properly outfitted with gear?

Edited by JediQuaker

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
I need help! I don't know if I am a bad player but this is f*cked up he has 4 times my hp and kills me with 3 hits how the fuk am i supposed to kill him? I use all my itnerupts and defenses I have but he preatty much obliterates me before i even get him 3/4 hp

I need help! I don't know if I am a bad player but this is f*cked up he has 4 times my hp and kills me with 3 hits how the fuk am i supposed to kill him? I use all my itnerupts and defenses I have but he preatty much obliterates me before i even get him 3/4 hp

What rating gear do you have? It's basically impossible to be less than level 64-65 by the time you get to this fight (in theory, an insta-60 reaches the first holotrainer, in the Zakuul droid factory, already part way through level 61, and by the time you reach Chapter VIII, you should be level 65 at least).

Oh, wait. Is your chapter on Veteran mode? Put it on Story mode and he will hit much less hard.

• 1 year later...
I am a level 68 sith maruader and heskal is a level 64 how is he defeating me over and over its anoying i keep trying but i have no clue to defeat him i tried looking on youtube for help but no luck can i get ideas please it will help alot.

What "rating" is your gear? Look top-left in your character panel for a number probably in the low 200s, and certainly not higher than 228. Are you using the *right* gear? (Do not use "tank" gear that has Defense, Absorb, and/or Shield, because none of those will do anything for you.)

It's a long time since I fought him on a Marauder, and when I did, 5.0 wasn't out, so I was only level 65, but I don't remember it being hard. If you're correctly geared at level 68 and you use your class abilities correctly, you should be able to flatten him.

That's what it's sounding like to me based on your comments. Your gear is your problem, or you're playing on veteran or master instead of story. Definitely check your gear. Make sure its a high enough level, and the right type for your class. Dulfy has a great guide on gearing characters you can find HERE.

Otherwise.... set your companion to heal, destroy the adds when they spawn, and don't hesitate to use your heroic moment. Hope this helps!

• 3 years later...
That's what it's sounding like to me based on your comments. Your gear is your problem, or you're playing on veteran or master instead of story. Definitely check your gear. Make sure its a high enough level, and the right type for your class. Dulfy has a great guide on gearing characters you can find HERE.

Otherwise.... set your companion to heal, destroy the adds when they spawn, and don't hesitate to use your heroic moment. Hope this helps!

You don't get a companion on this fight!

Otherwise, it would be no problem.

But Heskal has endless interrupts and stuns - as gunslinger, you can only really do stuff when you're in "Take Cover" with "hunker down" activated.

Shooting / killing the apparitions restores a little bit of your health, so that's definitely a priority.

But I just can't get through this on my gunslinger. On my Assassin, I had no problems. But trying it on my Gunslinger has wasted over 5 hours of my time now...