EMP confusion

OscarDivine

From what I understand, the EMP Missile is supposed to stop ENGINE ABILITIES for 15 second, right? I get that it's bugged, but here's what I experienced today and before:

Hit by EMP Missile Field, SYSTEMS ABILITIES have been rendered non-functional. Good news: I'm in a Pike, no "Systems" category of components. But wait, I suddenly cannot swap between missiles because my Systems have been Disabled. Uh...

So... I hit Barrel Roll. Wheeee!!! but wait, isn't that ability supposed to be suspended for 15 seconds?

What are the other known issues for these EMP abilities? When are they slated to be fixed? I'd love to use my EMP Missile, so long as I know what it's friggin supposed to do!

These are not issues. They are upgrades to the emp pulse.

To learn about what things do, goto a ship that has, in this case the emp pulse, and read thought the tree for the ability. So many people freak about emp and ion, if you read about them you'll know that they where designed to slow regens and drain systems. They are not broken, they are acting as designed.

Now the design may change later.

Even with no upgrades, EMP field/missile disables system abilities. The scout's EMP field also reduces the accuracy of other ships' weapons by 10% and affects sensors. When fully upgraded to T5, EMP also disables either engine or shield abilities, depending on what you choose (most people choose engine). So, if your opponent uses a non-upgraded EMP field, you will not be able to switch missiles on your Pike, but you will be able to barrel roll away. If his EMP field was fully upgraded, you would not be able to do either of those things.

To clarify I have tier 5 EM missile and see ships barrel roll away even though I have my engine disable ability highlighted.

Confirm that, bug it in game, and post about it in the CS forums. Talking about it only here only lets so much happen, though you do want to confirm that this does happen.