I'm NOT the ONLY Target!

denavin

"Hello devs, please change this feature back the way it was, because my person is used to how it used to be"

Nice logic you have there.

Also, mobs dont ignore tank comps specificaly, it is the comp that ignores the mobs that havent dealt/tried to deal dmg to you...You will always have a bigger threat than your comp at start of the battle....

Double post sorry

Edited by denavin

"Hello devs, please change this feature back the way it was, because my person is used to how it used to be"

Nice logic you have there.

Also, mobs dont ignore tank comps specificaly, it is the comp that ignores the mobs that havent dealt/tried to deal dmg to you...You will always have a bigger threat than your comp at start of the battle....

Not when I send the Tank companion in to aggro the mobs. I do not attack first...

The MOB ignores the Tanks when they RUN right by the tank after the Tank has Attacked them. That is not the Companion ignoring the mob it is the mob ignoring the tank.

I am NOT asking for that What I am asking for is for them to fix what the screwed up. By not Making the game Primarily Target ONLY the Player.

Please Read My WHOLE Post and not ONLY the parts you want to complain about. It is quite detailed.

Here is a little lesson in companion Control...

To get your companion to pull Aggro First You send them in and Target EACH mob and have them ATTACK each one using CTRL-1 or the Companion ATTACK Key. You press TAB to cycle through EACH mob to make sure that Your Companion TARGETS EACH ONE and TAUNTS EACH ONE and ATTACKS EACH ONE. I have been doing this for 6 years. I have ALWAYS been able to maintain Aggro control with my companions. Yes they do come attack me but not ALL OF THEM.

The way it is now, the only option to play is WITH A HEALER.....

And nobody has even noticed the other part of my post how most groups now only have Advanced mobs and fewer Standard to Weak mobs. Advanced Mobs are more likely to be Immune to Knock Backs, Holds and Stuns. Making Player CC's less effective giving the player fewer options in combat.

Edited by denavin

Just gonna say that I've never pulled any extra mobs even with a tanky or healy comp. Just doesn't seem wise. I'll deal with one group at a time. While slower, it's actually faster if you can't handle multiple groups and end up dying and restarting/running back to mobs. The same principle applies to pushing mobs off edges. That's iffy. So sometimes it's just better to kill the mobs and not be lazy like that. I wouldn't get mad at devs over me being inconvenienced in that way.

The fact that I pulled more that one group is not the issue here. With the character I was using I have pulled way more than that previously. The issues it that the number of NPC mobs has Doubled even just roaming around in the world there are more mobs creating more GRIND, and that they are more likely to Ignore the Tank and come to Attack the Player over EVERY THING ELSE.

The character is a Sage, Force Push is one of my more favorite skills. I have ALWAYS pushed NPC's off of the catwalk in that mission and in other places. I have in 6 years on occasion aggroed mobs on a lower level but never have they just simply ran past my companion. All the time my companion is taunting and attacking them, they still completely ignore the tank. They run up 2 levels all while my tank is BEATING on them but they just ignore that and come to kill me.

BW has already said that they are "changing game play in older content to bring it up to current play style". It would seem that the NEW Current play style is to KILL the player as often as possible and call that an Improvement.

Edited by denavin

The character is a Sage, Force Push is one of my more favorite skills.

Force Push is a Guardian skill. It's telling that you don't know the name of your class or one of your favorite skills.

Besides, it seems that whenever people have a different opinion from yours, you assume they haven't read your whole post or misunderstood you. So you're trying to convince others that you're right and are not willing to accept other opinions. That's not going to get you anywhere....but hey, that's your choice.

Oh and "play it your way" is marketing speak. The new augments for example for which you will have to do NiM Operations and Ranked PvP to get the mats are a clear example of why this is total BS. Do not buy into that phrase. They never meant it. Not really.

Lastly, you stack things together that are not the same. On the one hand you say that you have your tank target each enemy individually before you get involved. On the other hand you give an example on Ilum where you are unable to do that because of the nature of the fight (mobs dropping in after you aggro the initial group). So you need to keep those issues separately because they are different problems.

And when you stop comparing apples with pears you may realise that each individual problem doesn't occur quite as much as you make it out to be.

Please read all the posts I am talking about MULTIPLE different situations. Please do not confuse One with the Other....

Okay, and yet I also addressed multiple situations, as well. Specifically Chapter X of Fallen Empire and the heroic on Ilum. You did not specify that you were talking about the heroic, but that is one of the very few places where one would encounter such a mob density.

From the content of your other posts this is looking more like a learn to play issue. You probably do not want to hear that. Sorry. You have claimed more than once that this started happening about a month ago. Nothing happened about a month ago. No change was made, no change has occurred with comps in tank stance. As I said, I almost exclusively use my comps in tank stance. There are very few times when my comp is not in tank stance. Nothing changed a month ago. Nothing changed two months ago. The last change that was made to comps was 6.0, almost a year ago. If you have not adjusted to the new normal by now then I do not know what to tell you. But nothing changed a month ago.

Even how you describe how one has to control their comp is not correct. That is not how you have to do it. Every single one of their abilities generates threat with their pull ability generating the highest amount of threat. You say the character you were on is a Sage. Well my main is a Sage. On my main server, on my main account, I have four Sages (two TK and two Balance), and two Sorcerers (one of each). They all use their comp as a tank, and all of their comps are at different influence ranks. What you describe is absolutely unnecessary. All you need to do is send in your comp and let them hit the mobs first. If the mobs are immediately running toward you it is because you are not taking advantage of the fact that a Sage/Sorc is a ranged class and can attack from 30-35m away.

Edited by ceryxp

The only thing I can imagine (which was not a recent change; and there were a lot of long posts here, I skimmed, sorry of this was mentioned already) is that if you send your companion after something and then do something like put a bubble on it (so after combat started, but before the enemies are aware of you), they will all immediately notice you, for having taking the first action while in combat. If you first bubble and then send in the companion, this doesn't happen.

Other than that, I can only echo the post before mine. I almost exclusive play with tank companions (only exception is.. when I'm playing a tank myself), and I'm not experiencing any problems, and certainly not any new ones.

Edited by cyrusramsey

The only thing I can imagine (which was not a recent change; and there were a lot of long posts here, I skimmed, sorry of this was mentioned already) is that if you send your companion after something and then do something like put a bubble on it (so after combat started, but before the enemies are aware of you), they will all immediately notice you, for having taking the first action while in combat. If you first bubble and then send in the companion, this doesn't happen.

Other than that, I can only echo the post before mine. I almost exclusive play with tank companions (only exception is.. when I'm playing a tank myself), and I'm not experiencing any problems, and certainly not any new ones.

Nope, I know better than to buff, heal or shield my companion before or immediate after sending them to attack. I don't do anything for several seconds as to let my Tank gain hate and aggro before I engage... I know how to control my companion and how to play my characters.

The thing I am trying to convey is How This is Something NEW. Never Before did companions Mostly Ignore the tank. Never before did NPC's start attacking you 2 to 3 seconds before you can even target them, but the do now. Never before were NPC's able to Attack and Damage your character THROUGH SOLID OBJECTS now They can but you can not.

Never before was the Player's Character the Primary Target when there are Others involved in the fight. If anything the NPC's used to mob your Healer or your DPS instead of the player and your Tank companion would pull them Off of the player if you were to pull Aggro.

Force Push is a Guardian skill. It's telling that you don't know the name of your class or one of your favorite skills.

Besides, it seems that whenever people have a different opinion from yours, you assume they haven't read your whole post or misunderstood you. So you're trying to convince others that you're right and are not willing to accept other opinions. That's not going to get you anywhere....but hey, that's your choice.

Oh and "play it your way" is marketing speak. The new augments for example for which you will have to do NiM Operations and Ranked PvP to get the mats are a clear example of why this is total BS. Do not buy into that phrase. They never meant it. Not really.

Lastly, you stack things together that are not the same. On the one hand you say that you have your tank target each enemy individually before you get involved. On the other hand you give an example on Ilum where you are unable to do that because of the nature of the fight (mobs dropping in after you aggro the initial group). So you need to keep those issues separately because they are different problems.

And when you stop comparing apples with pears you may realise that each individual problem doesn't occur quite as much as you make it out to be.

Sorry I got the name wrong ... Does not mean I do not know what I am talking about or assuming anything.

Those are 2 completely different things and are related only in how the NPC's react. Oh I also did not aggro the group My companion did but they instead Attacked ONLY me.

Thank You

Edited by denavin

From the content of your other posts this is looking more like a learn to play issue..

I agree. Pulling a whole instance and blame it on companions...yeah,...how about no. Just don't do it. Maybe you want to do heroics only on starter planets or low level planets...enemies don't have knockbacks or stuns there. These abilities come on later planets.

Please BW, don't make the game easier because a vocal minority has problems. Because they pulled the whole instance by accident and died.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

Those are 2 completely different things and are related only in how the NPC's react. Oh I also did not aggro the group My companion did but they instead Attacked ONLY me.

Did your companion get CC'ed? Mobs and comps use much of the same AI, and that includes that they will generally not attack a target that is CC'ed. If your comp was CC'ed then all of them would have turned on you.

Nope, I know better than to buff, heal or shield my companion before or immediate after sending them to attack. I don't do anything for several seconds as to let my Tank gain hate and aggro before I engage... I know how to control my companion and how to play my characters.

The thing I am trying to convey is How This is Something NEW. Never Before did companions Mostly Ignore the tank. Never before did NPC's start attacking you 2 to 3 seconds before you can even target them, but the do now. Never before were NPC's able to Attack and Damage your character THROUGH SOLID OBJECTS now They can but you can not.

Never before was the Player's Character the Primary Target when there are Others involved in the fight. If anything the NPC's used to mob your Healer or your DPS instead of the player and your Tank companion would pull them Off of the player if you were to pull Aggro.

Well, I am very sorry, but I don't see any change whatsoever. Enemies don't ignore my tank companions, enemies don't attack me before I can target them, enemies have always been able to hit you through certain objects that are solid to the player..

...enemies don't attack me before I can target them...

The only place I have encountered this behavior is in Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne chapters. And it is not new behavior. I firmly believe that it has to do with how mobs spawn and are triggered in FE/ET chapters. There are certain places where mobs are automatically triggered, and when that happens your character is their priority until your tank comp can acquire agro. Sometimes when Skytroopers are spawning in they will be able to attack before they have completed their spawn in animation. Funny enough, in those situations I have seen my comp move to and attack a Skytrooper before they have fully spawned in, but I still can not target them.

I also suspect that the OP's comp was CC'ed. That would completely explain all mobs ignoring their comp and attacking their character. It would be easy to miss your comp getting CC'ed in a large gang of mobs. Especially if your focus is on the 20 mobs that are about to give you a very bad day.