Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why was the DvsL event a one time thing only?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why was the DvsL event a one time thing only?

Stradlin
09.19.2019 , 01:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
I think the event should be repeated but with different objectives. If its all the "same" (or just adjusted to current level) it will just be a new cicle of the same thing.
Yah, this is how I'd like to see it happening too. I'd settle for a rerun that has bare minimum adjustments that level cap changes and such bring.. But would surely welcome a rehauled version. They could introduce some sort of..meta classes with it too. - No major changes or additions storywise or to class mechanics, just different objectives and bonuses during DvsL - Pilot would have leanings towards GSF, railshooter and Starfighter stuff, with rewards and titles reflecting this. Mandalorian could be something ground pvp/warzone focused. Loremaster earns his spurs by chasing codex entries..and so on.
:

DarthSpuds
09.19.2019 , 03:12 PM | #12
There's another reason not to bring it back.

It was a bore of a grind-fest dressed up as something new and shiny.

Kind of like ALL content since KotFE.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

DreadtechSavant
09.19.2019 , 04:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post

All The Best
If it was brought back, you don't have take part. So really just a negative post just for negatives sake.

Personally at present time I would like 6.0 to come out first, after that any event new or old are always welcome by me. I don't do all just the ones I like. The ones I don't care for.... well why spoil it for players who do?

DarthSealth
09.19.2019 , 05:51 PM | #14
The Event was the best in ages. Not only was it at the right time but it was done right.

You grinded for achievements to earn shinnies and what made it better that it was done at a time when critically acclaimed KOTFE came out, so it captivated a lot and made them stick around to try various things surrounding the event. I would even go as far as saying out of SWTOR expansions this was the most popular, no matter your personal views on KOTFE personally I liked it minus some annoyances along the way or the single storyline. But regardless what made 4.0 a success was the combination of the two which for me I would give anything for.

Heck I'll be waiting in a queue forever whilst time is money and I'm getting old. I don't know how long my mortal life will permit me.
Darth Malgus
English equates to (Sarcasm x Endearment)

Have you heard Chief Keith is the New Reformed Ben Irving?
My Referral Link Refer A Friend T&C My Twitter Link

DarkTergon
09.20.2019 , 09:34 AM | #15
it was a slog trying to complete everything. I wouldn't want to do it again. If they did run it, it would have to have different rewards as the people who already completeled it would have no reason to do it again. And if they did that, then people would complain again, that they wanted the new rewARDS, AND THE OLD ONES....
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

JediQuaker
09.20.2019 , 09:46 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
it was a slog trying to complete everything.
I'd agree that trying to do "everything" was a slog, and that's why I didn't do "everything". I only did the parts I enjoyed. And I'd enjoy doing those parts again, but different rewards would, of course, be nice.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Monumenta
09.20.2019 , 10:50 AM | #17
I think a new Dark vs Light event could be alright but not the same one, Id lose the alt making and rerunning of old stuff and keep the datacrons and any other actual new stuff the event had I cant remember and add the dark vs light bosses and any other content like them that exists but has no real incentives for people to tackle and maybe running all the new fps and ops and such since the last event.

srtyab
09.20.2019 , 11:29 AM | #18

All The Best
This isn't helpful at all. If you have nothing intelligent or thoughtful to add, my suggestion, stay silent. Some of us loved DvL and would very much like it to return in some form, if only to acquire the only heirloom gear in the game.

Lhancelot
09.20.2019 , 01:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by srtyab View Post
Some of us loved DvL and would very much like it to return in some form, if only to acquire the only heirloom gear in the game.
Many never got a chance to do the event, so that alone is reason enough to run it again.

I mean what event on SWTOR only gets ran one time, anyway? lol. Pretty surprised this one never got repeated. That's why I have to wonder if some technical reason is stopping them from running it.

Maybe a jaded dev tossed the DvsL coding out the window when they left BW.
TRUE
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Savej
09.20.2019 , 01:54 PM | #20
I liked it. But the rage against it on msg boards everywhere was profuse. You would think BW was pointing guns at people and forcing them to do every part of it.