Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

Jdast
09.02.2019 , 11:05 AM | #21
Trixxie,

You're becoming the girl who cried wolf on threatening to leave. You've been saying it for months and that there will be a mass exodus. How about we wait until 6.0 is actually released before doom and gloom?

You haven't even participated, by your own admission, on the PTS. Neither have I. That's why I have kept my piehole shut.

So, if you're in the shoes of BW, whose posts would you value more? Your generic broadside against SWTOR while plugging WoW Classic, or the specific comments on the PTS forum? Do you really think this post is going to be the clarion wake up call to the devs to realize, "Oh, there's a PTS forum?"

Sorry to be snarky, I know you're passionate about this game, but I agree with Phal. Let's just chill a bit until the game is released. We already know there will be some bugs and balance issues. How can there not be with so many new variables added to the mix?

If you love WoW Classic so much, just go play it until release, which is 50 days away (but who's counting?). Don't become the rugby fan who attends a cricket match and proselytizes about how much better rugby is to play / watch.

Dasty

Balameb
09.02.2019 , 12:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
so you read 2nd hand reports on an issue you haven't experienced and you are attacking Bioware for it? May as well blame Bioware for the everything else you have no clue about. If someone else had said it and had current PTS experience i would take their word for it and leave it at that.
I played PTS so you can take my word for it. New systems are crap. Or better yet, you can even go and read what a lot of people that play in the PTS are saying, its not like the forum there is restricted.

The issue is not not simply bugs and balance. Changing a few values (that is what PTS at best gets usually fixed) won't cut it. It really needs rework so being vocal about in PTS forums AND here so even those that haven't played PTS can share opinions is a good thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
I really feel like I should go look on PTS to see for myself, but I feel like it's just going to bum me out.
I decided to make room in my SSD so i could install PTS and test it. And i'm sad to say i'm not very happy with my choice. I hope they make BIG changes soon because its not fun and is just too time consuming to test as it is now.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

Jdast
09.02.2019 , 01:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
Or better yet, you can even go and read what a lot of people that play in the PTS are saying, its not like the forum there is restricted.
I think that was kind of Celise's point.

Dasty

Celise
09.02.2019 , 01:48 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
I played PTS so you can take my word for it. New systems are crap. Or better yet, you can even go and read what a lot of people that play in the PTS are saying, its not like the forum there is restricted.
I don't pay attention to PTS, as i said i'll take your word for it. I know enough not to say things i don't know anything about. Still it seems like a fluid situation from what you described, guess we will see what happens in the next PTS, assuming that is the case.

MacCleoud
09.02.2019 , 02:08 PM | #25
If you havenít downloaded the PTS, please go do it. The more feedback they get the better. There are things that arenít too bad....getting gear off every boss....there are things that are bad.....There is RNG on whether the drop is even in you class....much less your spec..... no gear has dropped for me that have mods so I canít upgrade the moddable gear I purchased.

Renown is slower than command.

Right now though not everything is dripping gear so have to keep running hammer station when my raid team isnít there.

Conquest is about the same speed, but you now have to get 50k. I got 29k in a bout an hour doing a few heroines and one GF Hanner station. So it is definitely slower, but still able to be done on multiple toons.

Donít just listen to everyone else, get in and test for yourself.

jimmorrisson
09.02.2019 , 02:17 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Also there lots more grind than now, even for crafting, which is completely stupid

Iím sure the story and content will probably be good. But if those systems surrounding the content are bad, it doesnít matter how good the content is, people will leave again like they did in 5.0 if the rest of the experience isnít enjoyable.

Also there lots more grind than now, even for crafting, which is completely stupid
people will leave again like they did in 5.0 if the rest of the experience isnít enjoyable.
Going by Ossus and Dantooine and what is known by 6.0, EA's end-game subscribe-to-grind whaling scheme will continue. Remaining whales will be bled dry only leaving Role Players as the game's last survivors.

Everything is working as intended.

Celise
09.02.2019 , 02:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MacCleoud View Post
If you havenít downloaded the PTS, please go do it. The more feedback they get the better. There are things that arenít too bad....getting gear off every boss....there are things that are bad.....There is RNG on whether the drop is even in you class....much less your spec..... no gear has dropped for me that have mods so I canít upgrade the moddable gear I purchased.

Renown is slower than command.

Right now though not everything is dripping gear so have to keep running hammer station when my raid team isnít there.

Conquest is about the same speed, but you now have to get 50k. I got 29k in a bout an hour doing a few heroines and in GF Hanner station. So it is Decoteau slower, but still able to be done on multiple toons.

Donít just listen to everyone else, get in and test for yourself.
Reporting issues has never been my strong point in any game where it is needed, so i don't know what use i'd be out in PTS which is why i'm not into it. Can't really say that it would be worth the effort. Still, i do agree as getting as many on as possible to cast as wider net as possible to catch as many issues as possible. The rest is on Bioware.

JediQuaker
09.02.2019 , 02:23 PM | #28
Bioware you need to pay attention (to me!).
Poor Trixie - never happy.
Nobody at BW ever listens to you.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Rolodome
09.02.2019 , 03:48 PM | #29
Not sure why some of you are making this personal. So she compares it to WoW classic sometimes and talks about how she's probably going to leave.

Who gives a ****. What matters is the substance of the issues and she and plenty of others have and are giving specifics on that.

They put the stuff on PTS early this time precisely because they screwed up so royally last time in how stuff was designed. They extended the release date by like a month already because they weren't even close to ready, apparently. Making sure they know what we think is off is the entire point. Insisting we won't know for sure how things will be until it's released is the height of pointless. Stuff is on PTS so that our feedback will impact how it looks on release. If you're going to make the "we won't know until it's out" argument, how about instead go on PTS and then weigh in on the issues people have brought up and are discussing on the PTS forum. Don't act like we're completely in the dark as to the direction things are heading in.

We're all on the same team here and want 6.0 to be a success (one would hope anyway). Attacking people over feedback given just makes it harder for BW to sort through and figure out what people are saying about the substance of features.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

DzastinBiberi
09.02.2019 , 04:05 PM | #30
Before you buy your gear pieces with set bonuses in it, you can't see the stats, 'cause you get stats in your gear piece (mods, armoring etc) once you've bought your piece and this is RNG next level.

I did 5-6 M FP's HS, did KP SM, few wz's only to get around 600 Tech pieces (new currency for the gear) and 1 piece requires 1500 Tech pieces + 1m credits..

Your inventory cap for new currency is 3000k (also a problem) but imagine how much hours you have to spend grinding 1500 Tech's only to get one piece, if you're lucky. Because the seller is also RNG.

If the current state that is on PTS goes LIVE, they can shut this game for real, 'cause nobody is gonna spend the next 6 months gearing one char. If you think Ossus was bad, wait until you see this, Ossus is a baby gearing system compared to this one.

Feels like Ben RNG 2.0