Crafting onslaught and new augments

Zafaria

I think swtor has gone to overboard negatively with the onslaught crafting.

First off made it to expensive!

Made it take way to long to craft anything making the amount of materials needed to craft one thing outrageous. I want to actually play the game not spend all my time crafting.

The new onslaught BLUE augments are ridiculous to make. the max solid resource matrix, a character can get in a week is 6 if your guild took the highest conquest objective. If you have one character the max augment you can make is 1 per week. I have deconstructed several and still no purple schematic. It could take months at this rate just to craft blue augments. What ever designer made this system needs a reality check. PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY THE GAME not spend hours and hours try to craft a item. Besides spending all that time you don't even crafting anything unique.

• 2 weeks later...

Third this. This crafting system is primitive. It's like something from a turn-of-the-century MMO running on Torque. It appears to be a misguided attempt at social engineering, as they seem to be trying to drive players into group activities, as the only way of progressing.

Crafters are often seen as solo-players, and therefore bad, rather than as subscrtibers and therefore good (regardless of whether they are just people who want to explore every aspect of the game). I wonder why can't game studios just cooperate with the behaviours of the people who pay to play their games, instead of judging them and attempting to modify ithose behaviours? It's as if the devs had put up a great big sign in front of crafting saying "Move along, nothing to see here!"

The fact that they've only done this for people who are subscribers or premium, shows how willing they are to gamble, in their experiments with people's behaviour.

Third this. This crafting system is primitive. It's like something from a turn-of-the-century MMO running on Torque. It appears to be a misguided attempt at social engineering, as they seem to be trying to drive players into group activities, as the only way of progressing.

It's actually only part of that attempt, in fact.

"Play Your Way"! Well, right now, "My Way" is to take a character further through KotFE (stuck for a long time at level 70 at the entrance to Chapter III), and she's now reached Chapter VII (meet SCORPIO). In four chapters, she's reached the middle of level 71. I've done Onslaught on two 70s, and they took less time to reach 75 in there than poor Jenta took to reach even the beginning of level 71 in KotFE chapters.

Once again: "Play Your Way" is best interpreted alongside the famous line from Henry Ford.

"A customer can have a car painted any color he wants as long as it's black."

And as a level 75, I'm getting blue drops from randoms, on Taris, that have better stats on them than I could get from 50 million's worth of crafting and deconstruction... I could equip these and run Renown crates, simply on the basis that they push up my gear score, and I might get lucky with the crates!

Whoever came up with this system needs telling to clear their desk...

To be fair since virtually everything now binds to legacy, our first care should probably be to aquire 1 set of BIS items (or, at least, best we can get, at any ojne time), for all slots, that we unequip from our characeters, into legacy storage, when we finish playing on that character, and then equip onto any other character we play with afterwards. It's a hassle, for sure, but its the most logical response to this change. There is absoloutely no logic to equiping each character separately, any more - for now, at least - just work on one really great set that the entire legacy uses.

Since they've reduced the cost of deslotting items, we could even extend this to sabre hilts, mods, enhancements, et cetera - although you could try making just 1/2 item of the crafted, non-slottable weapons (i.e. make 1/2 really good pistols, 1/2 really good sabres, or 1 really good sabrestaff/rifle, and so on) and just de-equip these at the end of each period of use and pass them around your legacy in the same way. Not ideal but it's the obvious way of responding to what they'vre done, here.

Edited by Meradeces
Use a lower case 'i' for my closing itallics tag, which doesn't work, it seems.

• 5 months later...

The fact that they've only done this for people who are subscribers or premium

I don't like the new crafting system, but... OBVIOUSLY they did something for the subscribers and premium (the people that pay them).

What did you expect? F2P players controlling the flow of the game?