Resurrecting Vader (from death). Star Wars episode 7, already ruined.

Darth_Urtani

They could use him like that..but in the article it is said that “The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films.” Id say that playing a significant is more than just a flashback. Im sure they will find some lame idea to explain his return, good forbid he is some sort of psycho clone..I can just see people hanging themselfs in the theatres over this.

significant role doesn't mean he is in it a lot. It just means he has a critical part in the movie ie affecting luke or leia in some way.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

significant role doesn't mean he is in it a lot. It just means he has a critical part in the movie ie affecting luke or leia in some way.

That is a matter of interpretation mate. Im pretty sure that IF they bring his old corpse back, it will be in a significant role, meaning that you will see him alot. Time will tell, but lets just hope they let him sleep forever.

This is all just gossip/rumors posted by some website no one has ever heard of. Who cares?

Darth Vader is dead. He fulfilled the prophecy, his body was burned, he reverted back to Anakin, redeemed himself and became one with the Force. Maybe they're bringing Vader back in flashbacks or something along those lines as was already posted...but he won't be back from the dead. That's just stupid.

I agree that ressurecting Vader sounds totally lame.

BUT it's important to point out that the screenwriter is Michael Arndt - one of the best screenwriters in Hollywood at the moment. This gives me extremely high hopes for the next SW-film, no matter how stupid the plot might sound.

Doesn't mkae up if the movie(s) are already bad from the start.

"Vader" doesn't even exist anymore. Anakin is a force ghost (whether you accept the newer ending or the orig. of Ep VI).

When the new films already start out ot completely contradict everything, nothing good can come out of it. This'll be the Transformers of Star Wars - somewhat looks like it, uses the same names, etc...but in the end it it something completely separate and different.

Edited by Eillack

Not even remotly the same scenario mate. We are not talking about recasting of Vader here.

it's completely the same scenario you have no idea whats going on or even if the rumor is true. You hear the name Vader and you freak out thinking of the worst possible scenario with out any actual thought into what it could mean. You assume that

a. it's 100% true.

b. that Vader ie Anakin will be Resurected some how

c. that it can only mean that he is resurected and that he will be the main villian.

Not putting any thought into any number of other posiblities if it is even true in the first place.

it's completely the same scenario you have no idea whats going on or even if the rumor is true. You hear the name Vader and you freak out thinking of the worst possible scenario with out any actual thought into what it could mean. You assume that

a. it's 100% true.

b. that Vader ie Anakin will be Resurected some how

c. that it can only mean that he is resurected and that he will be the main villian.

Not putting any thought into any number of other posiblities if it is even true in the first place.

Why did I just now you would say something like that;).

I know you didnt see this but in another post in this thread I actually wrote "IF this is one day officially confirmed", so obviously im talking under the assumption that this is not confirmed, and yet IF it turns out it is, that it will completly ruin the movie regardless of the way they use him. If they do it will most likely be because there is money to be made with the Vader character, and in their greed they will overuse it to a point where it is just tasteless.

Now ..you can believe what ever YOU want, I cant change that and noor do I want to. The fact that we dont agree dont make any of us right.

Also im not freaking out about it.. just speculating. There is a difference.

And finally NO..its not the same. You dont even explain why you think its the same. You have one movie where people argue that a certain actor is not right for the part, and you have another movie where people(atleast me) argue that a certain character that died in a previous movie should stay dead.

This is the same how?

Why did I just now you would say something like that;).

I know you didnt see this but in another post in this thread I actually wrote "IF this is one day officially confirmed", so obviously im talking under the assumption that this is not confirmed, and yet IF it turns out it is, that it will completly ruin the movie regardless of the way they use him. If they do it will most likely be because there is money to be made with the Vader character, and in their greed they will overuse it to a point where it is just tasteless.

Now ..you can believe what ever YOU want, I cant change that and noor do I want to. The fact that we dont agree dont make any of us right.

Also im not freaking out about it.. just speculating. There is a difference.

And finally NO..its not the same. You dont even explain why you think its the same. You have one movie where people argue that a certain actor is not right for the part, and you have another movie where people(atleast me) argue that a certain character that died in a previous movie should stay dead.

This is the same how?

really?? so if Vader apears in a vision to Luke then it would completely ruin all of Star Wars??

Saying it will completely ruin star wars with out having any information IS freaking out.

as for my comparions it's pretty self explanitory. People hear something about an upcomming movie with no frame of refernece and assume the worst.

Edited by sstanks

^this! haha!

but seriously, it breaks my heart that they are rewriting star wars history after the movies, basically saying "F" you to novels and other expanded universe lore. no Jaina, Jacen or Anakin Solo, no Thrawn, no C'Baoth, no New Jedi Order, no Mara Jade no Ben Skywalker... it's going to be like none of that ever happened. i could be wrong and i hope i am.

:(

just my 2 cents

^this! haha!

but seriously, it breaks my heart that they are rewriting star wars history after the movies, basically saying "F" you to novels and other expanded universe lore. no Jaina, Jacen or Anakin Solo, no Thrawn, no C'Baoth, no New Jedi Order, no Mara Jade no Ben Skywalker... it's going to be like none of that ever happened. i could be wrong and i hope i am.

:(

just my 2 cents

To be honest I'm loat these new "Star Wars films" as non-canon. I'm sorry, but one cannot make such a ******** idea and disregard decades of amazing stories. I doubt I'll even watch any of these new poor excuses for movies.

Which is sad.

JJ ruined Star Trek's imagine and now Disney will ruin Star Wars itself and its imagine. *** am I supposed to like anymore? Everything I've loved being a fan of has been killed off one way or another in the past years. :(

To be honest I'm loat these new "Star Wars films" as non-canon. I'm sorry, but one cannot make such a ******** idea and disregard decades of amazing stories. I doubt I'll even watch any of these new poor excuses for movies.

Which is sad.

JJ ruined Star Trek's imagine and now Disney will ruin Star Wars itself and its imagine. *** am I supposed to like anymore? Everything I've loved being a fan of has been killed off one way or another in the past years. :(

they haven't even started it and you think its ruined?

What about the Prequels? Lucas made those with no regard to the established canon.

don't lie though as soon as the trailers for it come out you will be there opening night.

Disney is not a stupid company, so I kinda hope that if they are thinking on doing their original stories...pls do precuels (after RotS but before aNH) or spin-offs going on at the same time than the original trilogy.

If they are going to do after RotJ pls guys it's all already written in books, comics and games and all is accepted as canon by GL!!!!....the new jedi order, Mara, the Solo twins, the Emperor rez, the Yuuzhang Vong.....hell...it's all written up to Cade Skylwaker....why not just adapt what is already there and it's accepted by fans as canon?

Tim! Where are you?! There are a bunch of Chicken Littles here!

I don't know how we can even judge a story that hasn't even been written yet. Michael Arndt is just mulling over ideas at this point. We have everything from approaching David Prowse for repriseing Vader to completely demolishing the EU. Leleand Chee will have his say I'm sure. Even GL followed the EU unless it really conflicted with his "vision." These are just ideas that will be thrown around. There will be a million rewrites and on stage edits.

Just look at some of the classic lines in SW. Leia: I love you. Han: I know. <---- Ad libbed.:eek: Harrison Ford did that on his own. That was his own direction. Hell it made them rewrite the scene at the shield generator on Endor so Carrie could get him back over that comment. It's done all the time. Plus what ends up on the cutting room floor because it breaks up pacing or whatever. This can't be judged until we see it on the screen.

So let Arndt get to writting before we make any judgements. At least wait until a Director is chosen. Shesh! :rolleyes:

Yoda-"An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the netherworld of the force, your old master."

Obi-Wan Kenobi-"Qui-gon?"

Yoda-"How to commune with him, I will teach you."

Acknowledging the existence netherworld of the force, opens the door to anything.

Anakin is a vergence of the force after all.

Have you SEEN Mark Hammil this year? Holy Cow...bro is nearing his death bed! And Carrie Fischer, the real life Jabba the Hutt? Wow...

It doesn't matter how you factor in Vader into this episode, the fact remains that the Ep7 is going to be an old folks version of Star Wars, therefor it is going to suck. Please leave the Skywalker story alone, it's fine how it is. I want to see Revan and KOTOR events on the big screen and start a whole new sage from that. Ep 7...mark my words....it will ruin Star Wars.

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

Worst. Idea. Ever. No offense to you, but that is a real doozy.

*chuckle* you are so american :D

Reminds me of my advisors in Sim City 4, everytime I blew up half my city the guy would be like 'boy was that a doozy!' :D

*cough* *cough* I have nothing else useful to add to this thread - that is all.