Today's the day nVidia informs us of the select few who will receive the give-away

xordevoreaux

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone gets it, please post a screenshot, I found a Notifications button on the Geforce UI, but it's empty, now I'm confused, that it's either over and I didn't win, it's not over yet, just they haven't sent it?

Man, they managed to confuse those even that got the hardware and downloaded their software, why not just give to everyone who meet the requirements.

Should I just look at that notifications 'bell' all day?

Worst corporate co-promotion I have seen yet in the MMO gaming market.

Glad I did not hop on this hamster wheel.

On the plus side.... there is always a plus side to everything... the rewards will be rare in game so winners can feel much more "leet" if they win and brag it up all over the servers and the forum.

Edited by Andryah

Worst corporate co-promotion I have seen yet in the MMO gaming market.

Glad I did not hop on this hamster wheel.

On the plus side.... there is always a plus side to everything... the rewards will be rare in game so winners can feel much more "leet" if they win and brag it up all over the servers and the forum.

All 3 of them.

They don't have to give anything away to make it a successful promotion they just have to get people talking about it.

Beside why give stuff to people already subscribed, best thing is to give away to people that aren't playing the game. If they wanted to give nice things to subscribers or players they could have done it for the life day or 6th Anniversary event.

So I doubt anyone here will receive a code.

They don't have to give anything away to make it a successful promotion they just have to get people talking about it.

Beside why give stuff to people already subscribed, best thing is to give away to people that aren't playing the game. If they wanted to give nice things to subscribers or players they could have done it for the life day or 6th Anniversary event.

Customer retention program planners around the world would disagree with you.

Except, Nvidia doesn't care if you play swtor or not, and probably they paid money to EA for this promotion.

All they care about is the usage of their Geforce Experience software, that's what they are trying to push.

However, if many of those people who meet the requirements (have nvidia hardware and downloaded and have an account with nvidia) do NOT get a code, they will be angry and probably uninstall their sotfware, so the promotion actually backfires on Nvidia.

Since the cost of sending out to ALL who meet the requirements as opposed to just SOME is minimal, or I would even argue that it costs MORE to select people, rather than just send to everyone, it is a mystery why they want to anger some of their user base.

Except, Nvidia doesn't care if you play swtor or not, and probably they paid money to EA for this promotion.

All they care about is the usage of their Geforce Experience software, that's what they are trying to push.

However, if many of those people who meet the requirements (have nvidia hardware and downloaded and have an account with nvidia) do NOT get a code, they will be angry and probably uninstall their sotfware, so the promotion actually backfires on Nvidia.

Since the cost of sending out to ALL who meet the requirements as opposed to just SOME is minimal, or I would even argue that it costs MORE to select people, rather than just send to everyone, it is a mystery why they want to anger some of their user base.

Angry no, annoyed, yes.

I’ll be uninstalling mine regardless as soon as I know if I won or not. The software is intrusive and I like to run a sleek setup when I’m gaming.

Angry no, annoyed, yes.

Don't limit me, I'll be both angry and annoyed! :p

And as someone who had their software on for a year now, I will uninstall it, just out of spite.

I’ll be uninstalling mine regardless as soon as I know if I won or not. The software is intrusive and I like to run a sleek setup when I’m gaming.

That's another option, although it still doesn't explain why they are not handing out a code to everyone.

I'm guessing the contract is about a limited number of sets, which they don't tell how many, which could be against the law in some places, I guess, because you can't generate the same amount of excitement, if you raffle one car or 300 cars, anyway, BW only told it's 'a lot', but it can mean a lot of things, 'a lot' can be 2, if we are talking about slaps in the face (relevant example for some, who don't get a code), but can be very little in this case.

Edited by Galahard

If they had, at the very least, announced at what time(s) they would be sending out the codes, that would have cleared up some of the confusion. As it is, this is just a mess.

I use GeForce Experience. I haven't found it particularly intrusive even when I have multiple games running at once. I really like their recording software. I don't do anything fancy with my recordings but their software is free and easy enough to use. But really, this "promotion" is just weird and entirely lacking in information.

Customer retention program planners around the world would disagree with you.

Are you going to quit over not getting it? Do you think any subscriber will quit over it?

You seem to have mistaken Customer retention with a publicity promotion. Customer retention is about offering value for money not about 3rd party promotions to get you to use their services.

Are you going to quit over not getting it? Do you think any subscriber will quit over it?

You seem to have mistaken Customer retention with a publicity promotion. Customer retention is about offering value for money not about 3rd party promotions to get you to use their services.

As previously stated farther up in the thread, I'll be annoyed, not angry. Annoyances don't rise to the level of motivating me to quit.

The crazy thing is, they are giving codes out to users of Geforce Experience, wouldn't that include a majority of users that have never even played swtor?

Huh...I was almost thinking we had better odds if we didn't have the game in the GeForce Experience app. if they are trying to reel in new players lol. I would agree that there are probably more people that have the app. and don't have SWTOR than those of us that have both the game and app. I'm thinking we're not the target for this promotion.

Huh...I was almost thinking we had better odds if we didn't have the game in the GeForce Experience app. if they are trying to reel in new players lol. I would agree that there are probably more people that have the app. and don't have SWTOR than those of us that have both the game and app. I'm thinking we're not the target for this promotion.

Don't forget that there are two parties here, EA/Bioware and Nvidia, and there are costs and benefits on both sides.

EA/Bioware costs: create the sets in the game and make them distributable via their Claim a code system.

EA/Bioware benefits: those people who see the promotion and probably get a code in the Nvidia experience MIGHT join swtor.

Nvidia costs: to organize the promotion, and I think they pay EA for the creation of the ingame sets, because it's a limited amount. Why is it good for EA that the number of sets are limited? Are they going to direct sell them later, so the rarer they are, the more they can charge? Anyhow.

Nvidia benefits: those people who play swtor, but don't have the nvidia experience installed and newsletter notifications set on, they download, install and opt in for newsletters.

I don't expect a code, just because that is the kind of luck I have with these things.

I have been an nvidia customer for years, and have used Experience since its launch and I have never seen any kind of code, reward, or notification other then when my drivers need updating, so who knows for sure. They probably don't send codes to accounts that don't have the associated game listed.. so, I dunno.

At this point I have not heard from anyone that they have gotten a code, and the nvidia forums said they were still delivering codes, but.. ya know, it is big business, so who knows.

Look on the bright side.. the speeder will probably end up recolored and in a pack in the near future anyway.

Actually it's a win/win. A couple of swtor players install GFE and/or create an account, in return Swtor was featured during last week's driver update for all nVidia users who keep their drivers up-to date.

As a side note: already got 3rd-party spam on that email-address I created just for this promotion... :rolleyes:

Edited by Mubrak

Found only this information on NVidia site at Live Events/Giveaways past winners section, but I dont even know is it about giveaway we discussed here:

STAR WARS OLD REPUBLIC BUILD YOUR ALLIANCE

GRAND PRIZE WINNERS

Jonathan Winkler

Danilo Wachsmuth

Инга Куклина

RUNNERS UP WINNERS

Lawliet tat

Justin Hilliard

Joel Argersinger

Julien Helias

Holly Montgomery

Дмитрий Ялама

Cristian Ceroiu

Peyton Scherschel

Sophie Borrelli

Natahn Jones

Rodrigo Juliani

Alex Thomas

LINK TO SOURCE : https://contests.nvidia.com/en-gb/winners (use search on page by keywork "Star Wars")

Found only this information on NVidia site at Live Events/Giveaways past winners section, but I dont even know is it about giveaway we discussed here:

STAR WARS OLD REPUBLIC BUILD YOUR ALLIANCE

GRAND PRIZE WINNERS

Jonathan Winkler

Danilo Wachsmuth

Инга Куклина

RUNNERS UP WINNERS

Lawliet tat

Justin Hilliard

Joel Argersinger

Julien Helias

Holly Montgomery

Дмитрий Ялама

Cristian Ceroiu

Peyton Scherschel

Sophie Borrelli

Natahn Jones

Rodrigo Juliani

Alex Thomas

LINK TO SOURCE : https://contests.nvidia.com/en-gb/winners (use search on page by keywork "Star Wars")

I don't think this is the same one. What you found says "Build your Alliance". This giveaway is "Rule the Galaxy" story pack. Also, if I google Build your Alliance contest it says the winners were announced in April 2016.