Sage - Playable anymore?

Shallak

Hey Guys,

I'm a returning player and wanted to start a new Dps Sage. I dislike melee gameplay and am looking for the "Jedi feels". But the forums seems to be toxic about them. I'm not looking for endgame raids or anything. I just want to casualy play mostly the PvE side of the game (mostly solo). Are Sage so awefull that I will regret my decision?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

:ph_thank_you:

In PvE you can do any content as a dps sage in either spec and they hold up very well (about mid of the pack) against all specs in terms of dps output. Telekinetics is somewhat preferred though because of their longer attack range which makes them more versatile in terms of positioning, IF gunslingers (snipers are ok as is) get fixed TK would probably be the best current rdps actually.

In PvP you will get burned on either spec if you go leroy and face tank enemies so keep your distance and use corners to los. But that goes for any ranged spec or class at the moment really sage is not weaker than them - you play stupid go first into an encounter and you die on any of the NONE-STEALTH classes. TK defensives are adequate even for competitive ranked yolos while for balance they are somewhat subpar so group organization is more critical if you are running balance.

Above is true if you read up on how to gear your toon in best in slot and learn the rotations and abilities.