Sith Marauder skill tree

jedikillas

If you're looking for one that is purely PvE focused this one is a little better as you will be using Vicious Slash as a damage cooldown with Berserk in Ataru form.

Carnage PvE build

Edit: That is unless Massacre ends up hitting harder still than the buffed Vicious Slash then Massacre will be used in conjunction with Berserk and those are free points you can put wherever you would like them to go.

Edited by FireSomething

I'm planning on going Carnage so I was just sharing my build, but Annihilation looks like a pretty cool spec. The self healing on dots is optional in the PvE build though I believe, because I think you can skip it, and while it's nice to have it isn't 100% required for a raiding op build. It would definitely be a good pick up as an optional for an Annihilation build though.

If you meant for a Carnage build, it's not a good idea because you have to waste 2 points to get to it and since you don't get any buffs to Rupture you probably shouldn't be using this means you won't have any bleeds active to gain the healing ability.

I played a marauder in the beta to about lvl 25 and i was working my way up the carnage tree. Just looking at the talents i feel like it might be the highest dps spec, but i'm just speculating. I'm sure more information will become available in the coming months as people do their own calculations and theory crafting.

Keep in mind that they tried to balance all DPS specs (not just within the Marauder, I mean ALL) across the game, so there shouldn't be one tree that far outshines another. Or, if it does, then you'll probably see balancing patches incoming. Rather, the different specs may be more suited to different playstyles.

For instance, for leveling right now, I'm using a Carnage build because it revolves around big hits and extra damage, which is great for the trash we kill throughout the game. Once I get into raiding, where bosses don't go down in 3 or 4 hits, Annihilation may pay off due to the upkeep of massive bleed damage over time and self heals, etc.

Also keep in mind that you can respec within the Advanced Class, so you can always try out a few builds before really deciding.

• 1 year later...