PvP/PvE gear

Attoy

I heard you can use the PVP champion gear and do eternity vault fine. I know this maybe semi off topic but just wondering if this is true as I am about to do EV.

Which PvP Champion set? War-leader's? Vindicator's? Weaponmaster's?

I lurked PvE gear vendors and PvP gear vendors however I still got a lot of doubt. Which one is 'best' suited for a JK Guardian Tank?

I thought it was the Vindicaror's one but what do you suggest?

If you're going tank, you want the set's named "War Leader's." PvE sets go Tionese -> Columni -> Rakata and PvP sets go Centrurion -> Champion -> Battlemaster. If you want an off-spec set, Vindicator's or Weaponmaster's is a good choice.

You can cross over and do normal mode Eternity Vault with PvP gear, but you'll get slightly better main stats (str/end) from the PvE gear since you're not getting any Expertise from the PvE gear.

The PvP champ set is probably the easiest to obtain quickly. Running the PvP daily/weekly missions will probably get you 1 or 2 items right off the bad, although that's not guaranteed as it is random what you get from the Champion bags. If you're looking to further gear up, begin running the daily missions on Ilum and the Belsavis Bonus Series. You can get good mods and then put them into sloted gear to build a good starter set.

I play a Guardian tank and I'm fully expecting to maintain 3 complete sets of gear: raid tank, raid DPS (for nights when someone else is tanking) and a PvP set.

Edited by ViperI

^^

Warleader = Tank (Heavy Armor - Defense Rating ACC Shield Rating + Absorb)

Vindicator = Guardian DPS (Heavy Armor - AP ACC Crit Surge)

Weapon Master = Sentinel DPS (medium armor - Same as Vindi)

Awesome, thanks for clarifying me the sets! :)

:thumbsup:

If you're going tank, you want the set's named "War Leader's." PvE sets go Tionese -> Columni -> Rakata and PvP sets go Centrurion -> Champion -> Battlemaster. If you want an off-spec set, Vindicator's or Weaponmaster's is a good choice.

I know how obtain Centurion/Champion/Battlemaster PvP gear; how can you take the Tionese/Columi/Rakata PvE gear?