BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grav Round still applies the Grav Vortex debuff but no longer causes damage and the sound effect is changed to a 3 year old girl screaming "Tickle Attack!!!"

And CGC has been changed to proc a little campfire around which we can tell, "Those were the days" stories about pre 1.2.

I'm going to put my optimistic happy hat on and hope, REALLY hope that the promised changes are good.

The dev comment that they're testing it amongst themselves doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence, but ... HAPPY HAT.

Also, thanks Domatron! I can't for the life of me figure out who you are on Shadowlands though :D

The dev comment that they're testing it amongst themselves doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence, but ... HAPPY HAT.

When I saw that sentence I immediately thought of this video with the backpedalling and Missile Blast using Merc:

:p

Edited by Jenzali

When I saw that sentence I immediately thought of this video with the backpedalling and Missile Blast using Merc:

:p

Yeah and sweeping blasters against a single target. I know, promotional video, don't read too much into it, but since then, any 'class balance is basically okay' type comment from BW has had me wondering which herpderpers have been testing internally recently.

HAPPY HAT! Stop dragging me down :D

Edited by Jherad

Yeah and sweeping blasters against a single target. I know, promotional video, don't read too much into it, but since then, any 'class balance is basically okay' type comment from BW has had me wondering which herpderpers have been testing internally recently.

HAPPY HAT! Stop dragging me down :D

I think your happy hat is a bit tight.

Unless they actually do something ground breaking and give commandos/mercs a way to get their damage out consistently under pressure I'm fairly certain any changes will just be the scraps from the table that they did not want to give to any other ranged class.

I'm going to put my optimistic happy hat on and hope, REALLY hope that the promised changes are good.

Also, thanks Domatron! I can't for the life of me figure out who you are on Shadowlands though :D

Your biggest imp youtube fan, don't make me rage at you in wzs to get more screentime ;)

Your biggest imp youtube fan, don't make me rage at you in wzs to get more screentime ;)

Haha gotta love fans <3 Really enjoy Zachs movies aswell, been a real inspiration for me :)

You guys are probably making him blush.

Oh....and bump.

Edited by DariusCalera

CGC chance increased to 25% per shot, damage reduced by ~50%

Thermal Detonator damage reduced by ~30%, 12s DoT added to the end.

thats a significant nerf

I still don't think they're actually playing troopers.

Seems like they're turning them into even more of a DoT class which means all you're going to see in WZs are smashers again because they will bring the burst.

w.t.f, why would they do that?!

not a clue.

there was short-lived thread on the PTS forum from someone whining about how Thermal Det had a lack of synergy with the rest of the Pyrotech tree, and that they wanted it to proc some kind of DoT. that thread is since buried and did not received overly positive reactions from the community, yet it seems to be the thread bioware chose to listen to.

go figure

not a clue.

there was short-lived thread on the PTS forum from someone whining about how Thermal Det had a lack of synergy with the rest of the Pyrotech tree, and that they wanted it to proc some kind of DoT. that thread is since buried and did not received overly positive reactions from the community, yet it seems to be the thread bioware chose to listen to.

go figure

Are you *********** serious?!?!?!! WHY!! They nerf the ONLY viable DPS spec for PvP! WHAT THE FLYING F?!?!?!?!! Bioware you are seriously screwed over in the head if you don't revert these changes ASAP! What are we supposed to do NOW?! Commando/Merc healing is at the bottom of the pvp healer list also! Now we are COMPLETELY useless. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Are you *********** serious?!?!?!! WHY!! They nerf the ONLY viable DPS spec for PvP! WHAT THE FLYING F?!?!?!?!! Bioware you are seriously screwed over in the head if you don't revert these changes ASAP! What are we supposed to do NOW?! Commando/Merc healing is at the bottom of the pvp healer list also! Now we are COMPLETELY useless. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Uh.....well, actually I'd have to say I completely agree with this. :(

for anyone interested in the actual numbers:

before this most recent PTS patch: Assault Plastique 7k crits.

after most recent PTS patch: Assault Plastique 3.8k crits, potential for 4k more damage in DoT over 12s (requires all crits, which will likely never happen).

also, there seems to be no visible change to crit values. the patch notes said that they amount of crit from Main Stat was recalculated, and I see no change at all (2403 aim, 0 crit rating)