Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Vengeance Juggernaut / Vigilance Guardian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Class Changes: Vengeance Juggernaut / Vigilance Guardian
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DerSchneider
09.20.2017 , 03:59 PM | #41
Thanks for destroying an only viable side of a juggernaut in PVP - damage. Keep doing more autistic stuff, bioware. DON'T FORGET TO BUFF MERC'S SHIELD.

- Nightrain
Nightrain - top 3 Juggernaut season 7, 8, 9

My PVP streams: https://www.twitch.tv/n1ghtrain

Ansultares
09.20.2017 , 04:38 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Each tick of Chilling Scream does about 2.5k (and then there's 240 tick, but let's ignore that one since it irrelevant), so each usage of Chilling Scream comes to about 10k (and 17.6k critted).
Impale hits on average 9.5k (17.2k critted, slightly slanted due to set bonus proc)
Hew hits for about 9.1k (16.5k critted)
So, it's mitigation. Just looking at my own tooltips, the utility is 8k, impale, hew and vengeful slam are each ~12k+. They're hitting harder, until you start accounting for mitigation. This is wildly varible in PVP, even as it's comfortably static and in favor of the utility in PVE.

Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Hell Chilling Scream makes up the largest portion of DPS on this parse, 16.3%. Clearly that's somewhat insane for a utility.
I don't disagree, and I said as much when I said I see no problem in moving damage from the utility to the core spec (poor immortal). But my own impression from the changes is that in a PVP environment, I'm looking at upwards of a 20% nerf in damage, with a compensatory 5% buff, for a net loss of 15% damage overall. Not exactly helpful to a class which is focused first in ranked, and can't 1v1 a competent healer.

I hope the five or so remaining guards/juggs who still do progression raiding appreciate what a hit we're taking here.
Snare

santafaye
09.20.2017 , 05:35 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Below are the changes that are coming to Vengeance and Vigilance in Game Update 5.5:

-eric
this is really awesome BUT with no new content/story there nothing to really use it on but ty anyway

supertimtaf
09.20.2017 , 05:44 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by santafaye View Post
this is really awesome BUT with no new content/story there nothing to really use it on but ty anyway
This isn't made for new content, only to make old content harder without having to balance it... At least, it's how most peoples here see it. Still waiting for an official confirmation though

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,
Below are the changes that are coming to Vengeance and Vigilance in Game Update 5.5:
-eric
Hey, will we see a correction for Enraged Defense/Focused Defense ? The heals it gives now are too low for the actual health pool of the players, making it useless in most case.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Alec_Fortescue
09.20.2017 , 05:50 PM | #45
Yeah, you know i'd like to be able to get a speed boost, when necessary, without breaking the aoe tho

Also right now the only viable option for a jug in competitive pvp is a defense spec and without this utility we're getting really screwed with dps - won't compete against powertech!

Alec_Fortescue
09.20.2017 , 05:52 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
This isn't made for new content, only to make old content harder without having to balance it... At least, it's how most peoples here see it. Still waiting for an official confirmation though

Hey, will we see a correction for Enraged Defense/Focused Defense ? The heals it gives now are too low for the actual health pool of the players, making it useless in most case.
They certainly need to revisit PT and Jug defenses badly, considering how many other classes have defenses with no counter to while jug can be just incapacitated and los'd.

supertimtaf
09.20.2017 , 05:56 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
They certainly need to revisit PT and Jug defenses badly, considering how many other classes have defenses with no counter to while jug can be just incapacitated and los'd.
The main problem I have with Enraged Defense is that now almost any attack will bypass it, both in PvE and PvP.
In 4.0 the health gained was balanced in a way that you'd actually regain health when attacked. Now, even my Volta´c Slash will damage a jugg.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

DarthSealth
09.20.2017 , 06:17 PM | #48
I just hope you guys use my idea.
I knew Vengeance AOE with this utility was abit overboard but for Rage was somewhat needed ever since the nerfs to Rage/Fury Smash.
On a flip side Vengeance does lack in the single target department which Rage doesn't.
My idea is to spread Force Crush (Elemental Damage) and make it for both Rage/Fury.
It provides more incentive than a buff to a passive because it is noticeable.

(Nerfs should be linked to passives and buffs to abilities.)

I will be annoyed if Rage doesn't have the equivalent put into the AOE department and INSTEAD ADDED IN THE SINGLE TARGET DEPARTMENT.
Where it is of no use and to be fair the buff for Vengeance helps towards both single target and AOE.
So it would make Rage redundant.
So we either need Smash back to how it was all them patches ago and just put up with the PvPers whining of Smash monkey this and that or use Smash to spread Force Crush elemental damage.

But if that was to happen I'd be happy but I'd be even more happy if you took back the recent bloody slashes buff to Fury for better AOE capability.

(Just my two pence.)
East End ,Londoner. Cockney a dying breed.
British equates (Sarcasm x Endearment)
Just my referral link:-
http://www.swtor.com/r/FjCtpt

DenariusJay
09.20.2017 , 06:32 PM | #49
They nerfed Vengeance and supplemented it with tiny boost to dot ticks. lolol.

I'm scared for my PowerTech AP spec, even though we have the survivability of a fish on land, I can't help but think they will be "brought in line" to the magical dummy numbers.

yay.

I'm not looking forward to the next patches.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Thaladan
09.20.2017 , 07:22 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
They nerfed Vengeance and supplemented it with tiny boost to dot ticks. lolol.

I'm scared for my PowerTech AP spec, even though we have the survivability of a fish on land, I can't help but think they will be "brought in line" to the magical dummy numbers.

yay.

I'm not looking forward to the next patches.
they already nerf AP in 5.3 because of deadly onslaught (prototype silo missile passive utility) ..so..all is possible with bioware

--------

can't wait the buff to rage !
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech