PvE players get PvP GEAR if you want to do PvP

Ronyrone

Can the PvE players PLEASE STOP queing for PvP in PvE gear. thanks for queing and all but the fact remains you do no good for the team if your in full Rakata gear you get two to three shot killed by the other team. it becomes annoying to have two to three PvE geared players and they REFUSE to get PvP gear. if you are PvPing and refuse to get the gear for PvP then whats the point of you being in the match. its like a PvP geared player doing an operation it doesnt work. If you are a PvE player and want to get into PvP thats all good just make sure that you have the PvP gear on so that the team doesnt have to carry you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your frustration, but your point isn't as strong as you'd think. I've seen Noodle pull the most damage in a warzone (significantly) with no more questionable survivability than anyone else while in full PvE gear, and I've seen multiple ex-cakers come into TFB HM in full pvp gear and still deal more than enough damage to clear all of the content comfortably without worrying about enrage timers.

Yes, PvP gear helps a lot, especially if you're only in Rakata. But it's not the be-all and end-all. Helpful suggestion is one thing, but if they're not listening to you ask them in game, why would they listen to a forum post?

Who exatly are you? I would pay to see somebody attempt to kill Daffy in PVE gear in a 1v1 lol.

I'm a PVP nobody. Buenos dragged me into PVP once on my sent (min-maxed Campaign gear). Half-way through the match I killed you with a lucky Dispatch crit, then I popped Zen and just burnt Daffy down. He just stood there casting self-heals, didn't try to kite or anything. Either he assumed I couldn't do enough damage to beat out his heals (like most pubs, I presume) or he wasn't really playing. Probably both :p

Edited by Aurojiin

I'm a PVP nobody. Buenos dragged me into PVP once on my sent (min-maxed Campaign gear). Half-way through the match I killed you with a lucky Dispatch crit, then I popped Zen and just burnt Daffy down. He just stood there casting self-heals, didn't try to kite or anything. Either he assumed I couldn't do enough damage to beat out his heals (like most pubs, I presume) or he wasn't really playing. Probably both :p

Nobody is a PvP nobody!!!

Heya, just to put this out there. I don't claim to be the best, and yes some people can kill me if in sucky gear. But not trying to make excuses for myself, I don't recall being beat by you (don't even know who you are, if you did kill me I'd remember so much as your name). But consider that I'm not the best healer, I take a lot of damage in wzs, I have constant lag, and I just recently got Rakata stim after several weeks of Carthy telling me to get one :p. Most people 1 v 1 can't beat me. And I'm not telling ppl to just come and call me out and challenge me because I said that. But in wzs it's true. You could have beaten me, but don't forget that you're not the only one that is hammering down at me in wzs. Ex: I took 400k damage in a CW, where as Schia took 90k. Man, I was jealous of his damage taken :D. Usually if I have more than one person on me I would run around, unless it's a ranged class then I LoS somewhere and take the melee damage. Ah and about the thread, in some cases PvE geared players really suck. But it depends on the type of player. Those that call incs early and are able to pump out good dps/heals, are more than welcome to PvP in the PvE gear. Just try to work on getting some PvP gear sometime soon :p. And raiding in PvP gear does work haha. As a PvP and PvE member in NS I would know. Healed TFB np, ( but PvE gear helps now). So yeah, didn't mean to write a book. :cool:

Nobody is a PvP nobody!!!

You are when you've done one 50s bracket warzone in 8 months :rolleyes: I simply don't PVP.

Heya, just to put this out there. I don't claim to be the best, and yes some people can kill me if in sucky gear. But not trying to make excuses for myself, I don't recall being beat by you (don't even know who you are, if you did kill me I'd remember so much as your name). But consider that I'm not the best healer, I take a lot of damage in wzs, I have constant lag, and I just recently got Rakata stim after several weeks of Carthy telling me to get one :p. Most people 1 v 1 can't beat me. And I'm not telling ppl to just come and call me out and challenge me because I said that. But in wzs it's true. You could have beaten me, but don't forget that you're not the only one that is hammering down at me in wzs.

I didn't say I beat you, I said I killed you. There's a big difference there, and no offense intended, but I find it hard to believe that you remember every time you got killed, even by players who've only been in one warzone with you ever.

I remember what happened (because, y'know, it was my only 50 warzone on that character). I basically burnt you down while you were standing still self-healing. That's why I'm not saying I "beat" you, because there was no CC of any form involved, and no movement either. It was just my sentinel doing a max burst rotation on a dummy really.

I didn't really intend to start a discussion on this, it was just a tongue in cheek comment. I'd rate myself against you guys in PVE any day, but PVP is another matter. If I was playing against you for real I'd get stomped.

As I said before I'm not the best healer haha. And I find it amusing the amount of people that get their egos buffed up or take pride in killing me solo or not. (Not saying you have an ego, who knows you might in PvE *shrug*) If you remember so well, mind telling me what wz? Refresh my memory a bit. Because to me your nothing but a random one time PvP player that takes pride in killing me enough to post about how taking a pocket healer, you can beat Carthy and I in PvE gear. Sorry but please. Because you're a nobody in PvP let me tell you that Carthy and I take the most damage in wzs. Just about always. But please! Tell me about that amazing encounter against a dummy. I'm all ears and listening. ^_^

And I find it amusing the amount of people that get their egos buffed up or take pride in killing me solo or not. (Not saying you have an ego, who knows you might in PvE *shrug*) If you remember so well, mind telling me what wz? Refresh my memory a bit. Because to me your nothing but a random one time PvP player that takes pride in killing me enough to post about how taking a pocket healer, you can beat Carthy and I in PvE gear. Sorry but please. Because you're a nobody in PvP let me tell you that Carthy and I take the most damage in wzs. Just about always. But please! Tell me about that amazing encounter against a dummy. I'm all ears and listening.

I'm gonna be honest, you're coming off a little insecure here. You're playing a very casual MMO with an incredibly low skill gap (and not even in the US or EU for that matter), and you're getting upset about someone who claims to have killed you once (with a pocket healer) when you weren't playing properly, and who has even said he's not anywhere near as good of a PVP player as you. It's like you're out to confirm every negative stereotype about PVPers that there is. Just relax, eh?

At least Carthy has a sense of humour.

Edit: and for the last time, I said "killed", not "beat". We lost the warzone, as you'd expect. Winning is what matters, not individual stats or one-off kills.

Edited by Aurojiin

I'm gonna be honest, you're coming off a little insecure here. You're playing a very casual MMO with an incredibly low skill gap (and not even in the US or EU for that matter), and you're getting upset about someone who claims to have killed you once (with a pocket healer) when you weren't playing properly, and who has even said he's not anywhere near as good of a PVP player as you. It's like you're out to confirm every negative stereotype about PVPers that there is. Just relax, eh?

At least Carthy has a sense of humour.

Edit: and for the last time, I said "killed", not "beat". We lost the warzone, as you'd expect. Winning is what matters, not individual stats or one-off kills.

Forum talk is boring me now, back to watching elections. But thanks for you input I'll be better next time. And I take this game 100% seriously ofc. Byee have a good day.

I'm gonna be honest, you're coming off a little insecure here. You're playing a very casual MMO with an incredibly low skill gap (and not even in the US or EU for that matter), and you're getting upset about someone who claims to have killed you once (with a pocket healer) when you weren't playing properly, and who has even said he's not anywhere near as good of a PVP player as you. It's like you're out to confirm every negative stereotype about PVPers that there is. Just relax.

Really? With those kind of statements you were obviously wanting a response, "look I killed u in pve gear lol!". Then you backpedal at resistance.

But your playing a combat sentinel which has crazy burst, plenty of roots to keep a healer in place and got a healing debuff and honestly I'm not surprised that you could kill a healer.

So could you stop offending everyone that does pvp on this server by calling it low skill gap (lol coming from a sentinel, but then again I can see the sage stereotype attitude in there) and then saying we're inferior to the EU or US, like they are somehow better at pvp then us. Just as ridiculous as saying the US an EU are all better at doing operations then you.

Really? With those kind of statements you were obviously wanting a response, "look I killed u in pve gear lol!". Then you backpedal at resistance.

Clearly you're reading different words than I'm writing, and I'm not sure what I can do about that. I made a tongue in cheek comment (indicated very clearly by my use of an emoticon) that was only intended to communicate that you can still do damage and have some sort of an effect in PVE gear. Certainly more than you'd manage in Recruit gear under certain circumstances.

I even used the word "Seriously" to begin the next paragraph. Not sure how much more I could signpost it for you.

But your playing a combat sentinel which has crazy burst, plenty of roots to keep a healer in place and got a healing debuff and honestly I'm not surprised that you could kill a healer.

Fkn lol. PVE spec thanks. Didn't use any roots. Certainly don't have Crippling Throw on my bar (it's still at level 1, no upgrades purchased). How many times do I have to explain that Daffy wasn't playing properly? It's not that hard of a concept to communicate. If he had been, I wouldn't have been able to kill him.

So could you stop offending everyone that does pvp on this server by calling it low skill gap (lol coming from a sentinel, but then again I can see the sage stereotype attitude in there) and then saying we're inferior to the EU or US, like they are somehow better at pvp then us.

How about you stop being so sensitive? I'm willing to bet that if you identified the best PVP players from EU and US servers, they'd be better than you guys. I might be wrong. What's it to you anyway? It's my opinion on a video game.

Just as ridiculous as saying the US an EU are all better at doing operations then you.

The best US/EU ops groups are most likely better than us. This doesn't upset my precious sensibilities, though.

Edited by Aurojiin

Clearly you're reading different words than I'm writing, and I'm not sure what I can do about that. I made a tongue in cheek comment (indicated very clearly by my use of an emoticon) that was only intended to communicate that you can still do damage and have some sort of an effect in PVE gear. Certainly more than you'd manage in Recruit gear under certain circumstances.

"on my sent (min-maxed Campaign gear). Half-way through the match I killed you with a lucky Dispatch crit, then I popped Zen and just burnt Daffy down. He just stood there casting self-heals, didn't try to kite or anything. Either he assumed I couldn't do enough damage to beat out his heals (like most pubs, I presume) or he wasn't really playing. Probably both"

"Take a pocket healer and you can kill Carthy and Daffy in PVE gear "

:rolleyes:

I even used the word "Seriously" to begin the next paragraph. Not sure how much more I could signpost it for you.
Used "seriously" to your second statement on that post to raise awareness that surprise, high level pve gear i.e camp/BH is better then recruit. Thats not the problem its the idiots going into pvp wearing fresh 50 greens or what other crap there is that is worse then recruit. So even in this "population" which still has plenty of pvpers I do not want a bloody 11k-12k hp sage/scoundrel/guardian/vanguard, etc, etc. ON MY TEAM.

Fkn lol. PVE spec thanks. Didn't use any roots. Certainly don't have Crippling Throw on my bar (it's still at level 1, no upgrades purchased). How many times do I have to explain that Daffy wasn't playing properly? It's not that hard of a concept to communicate. If he had been, I wouldn't have been able to kill him.

Pretty hard to confuse a pvp spec combat with a pve spec combat as they would be exactly the same, but you just have no idea how to use your's effectively at all in pvp and most likely could've beaten any merc healer that would be trying if you knew what to do, as combat can deal with healers pretty effectively. Btw master strike has a root, so unless you managed to spam blade rush until you killed someone I doubt you didnt use a root.

How about you stop being so sensitive? I'm willing to bet that if you identified the best PVP players from EU and US servers, they'd be better than you guys. I might be wrong. What's it to you anyway? It's my opinion on a video game.
You will most likely be wrong that they are out-right better, and sorry I disagree with your opinion that because we're not US or EU we're ****. Terrible opinions are the worst thing to have.

The best US/EU ops groups are most likely better than us. This doesn't upset my precious sensibilities, though.

Doubt it.

Edited by aVmuse

"lucky Dispatch crit

Either he assumed I couldn't do enough damage to beat out his heals (like most pubs, I presume) or he wasn't really playing. Probably both"

Yeah, because those statements saying that I got lucky and killed someone who wasn't trying are clearly inflammatory and trolling. Just... wow.

Thats not the problem its the idiots going into pvp wearing fresh 50 greens or what other crap there is that is worse then recruit. So even in this "population" which still has plenty of pvpers I do not want a bloody 11k-12k hp sage/scoundrel/guardian/vanguard, etc, etc. ON MY TEAM.

QQ some more. I don't want undergeared ******* in flashpoints and ops, but at least they make the queue pop. Get over it and carry some more, since you're so good.

Pretty hard to confuse a pvp spec combat with a pve spec combat as they would be exactly the same, but you just have no idea how to use your's effectively at all in pvp and most likely could've beaten any merc healer that would be trying if you knew what to do, as combat can deal with healers pretty effectively. Btw master strike has a root, so unless you managed to spam blade rush until you killed someone I doubt you didnt use a root.

If you think PVE and PVP combat specs are "exactly the same", your ignorance of the class is astonishing. Further demonstrated by the fact you think Master Strike naturally roots (hint: it's talented).

Didn't use Master Strike either.

You will most likely be wrong that they are out-right better, and sorry I disagree with your opinion that because we're not US or EU we're ****. Terrible opinions are the worst thing to have.

You're delusional then. The EU and US playerbases are far bigger, and have a much higher activity level in terms of competition between good players, which leads to much more practice and experience. This is a simple tenet that holds true in everything from Halo to Counter-Strike to Starcraft. Apparently you think you guys are the lone exception across the entire spectrum of competitive gaming. Good for you.

Doubt it.

That's why the Oceanic playerbase is always challenging for PVE world firsts, obviously. Oh wait.

Edited by Aurojiin

Just putting it out there, a lot of the reason that the top guilds get the PvE world firsts isnt just because they're good players. It's a combination of that, as well as having practiced the fights on PTS and spending entire nights doing the raid start to finish as soon as servers go live.

/done

Just putting it out there, a lot of the reason that the top guilds get the PvE world firsts isnt just because they're good players. It's a combination of that, as well as having practiced the fights on PTS and spending entire nights doing the raid start to finish as soon as servers go live.

/done

All true, but I have absolutely no doubt that the top EU and US raiders are better than those in Australia/New Zealand.

Edited by Aurojiin

Yeah, because those statements saying that I got lucky and killed someone who wasn't trying are clearly inflammatory and trolling. Just... wow.
Wow, irony?

QQ some more. I don't want undergeared ******* in flashpoints and ops, but at least they make the queue pop. Get over it and carry some more, since you're so good.
Except for the fact that you can get a free recruit set by just turning 50 so they should dam well use instead of the crap that they wearing which is worse then the FREE RECRUIT ARMOR TO PVP IN, unlike pve where you do not get a introductory level gear set for free so undergeared people do have to grind for their pve gear.

If you think PVE and PVP combat specs are "exactly the same", your ignorance of the class is astonishing. Further demonstrated by the fact you think Master Strike naturally roots (hint: it's talented).

Didn't use Master Strike either.

It was not ignorance it was a an assumption that you would have the had master strike specced into the root, obviously I must clarfiy for every spec that you need a specific skill point for i.e vig guardians have the 4 sec cc immunity, but only if they use a skill point into it and apart from the obvious fact that everyone in vig should have that regardless, same goes for combat, forgive me if your not using the standard skill point allotment for combat.

Also don't believe that you managed to kill a healer by using blade rush and blade storm without using another key attack in the combat's rotation,no cc and by sound of it no interrupting either. Someone else probably helped you.

You're delusional then. The EU and US playerbases are far bigger, and have a much higher activity level in terms of competition between good players, which leads to much more practice and experience. This is a simple tenet that holds true in everything from Halo to Counter-Strike to Starcraft. Apparently you think you guys are the lone exception across the entire spectrum of competitive gaming. Good for you.

Most ridiculous crap i've ever read. I guess you'd also assume the best sportsmen in the world are all american or european too, simply because they from that country. An american playing 10 games of Halo a day is getting the same exprience and practice as an Australian playing 10 matches too. But yea I know why we get beaten by Americans when we verse them from our country over the internet is due to lag and server placement (surprise most game's servers are in america), and why Americans are like lol what is **** when an Australian hosts a match instead.

Also lol at assuming the US or EU are the best at starcraft, is that the koreans I hear calling?

That's why the Oceanic playerbase is always challenging for PVE world firsts, obviously. Oh wait.

Oh wait, I forgot that the downtime was during our primetime, so any new content release has to be effectively done on the next day, unless guilds are planning on doing well into midnight or later. Unlike the downtime not happening, during most American's primetime where they can attempt a new operation in the afternoon or even earlier.

Most ridiculous crap i've ever read. I guess you'd also assume the best sportsmen in the world are all american or european too, simply because they from that country. An american playing 10 games of Halo a day is getting the same exprience and practice as an Australian playing 10 matches too. But yea I know why we get beaten by Americans when we verse them from our country over the internet is due to lag and server placement (surprise most game's servers are in america), and why Americans are like lol what is **** when an Australian hosts a match instead.

Also lol at assuming the US or EU are the best at starcraft, is that the koreans I hear calling?

Larger playerbase means higher odds of having more successful players. South Korea is half the StarCraft playerbase.

Edited by MrRuck