Remove the shackles

Just did my second run through and this time we didn't wipe once. We had two rdps so we spread out behind the boss while the tank kept him facing the wall. I don't know how I didn't notice how obvious the shackle attack is last night, must have been more tired than I realized. There's a distinct sound and you can see something arcing through the air toward the target. As long as you anticipate this it should be much easier for you.

After my first experience with the General on the PTS I knew non-guild groups were going to have an extremely hard time with this fight. This thread demonstrates it.

The shackles need to stay. Do not remove them. If they are removed, the fight is trivialized. This is not -that- difficult of a mechanic; it simply requires situational and positional awareness (something that many players tend to lack, unfortunately).

Pay attention to your surroundings and this guy will go down quickly. :)

I popped 55 last night and jumped into Cad HM. I had 1 guildie with me and 2 pugs. Once the mechanic was explained to me I was able to use my new "covered escape" ability to bust others shackles. I didn't see any issue?

I just did this HM for the first time last night and was a pretty easy one-attempt fight.

The only thing I noticed that I thought was strange was that I could not break another person's shackles if my Hydraulic Overrides was active. It would break mine but I had to click it off to be able to break anyone else's.

I just did this HM for the first time last night and was a pretty easy one-attempt fight.

The only thing I noticed that I thought was strange was that I could not break another person's shackles if my Hydraulic Overrides was active. It would break mine but I had to click it off to be able to break anyone else's.

Patch notes for tomorrow's update state that this is a bug, and it is being fixed.

This is actuallyy a good mechanic and will give the dps more situational experience. This will also help people learn where to be when doing operations, i.e. ranged DPS do not need to be next to the tank.

I would prefer if they put more of these types of mechanics in the flashpoints so PUGs could get used to more difficult content.

Next we need to train them to stun, cc and interrupt, although that may take awhile

Edited by bsbrad

Spread out, save your CC break for emergencies, keep an eye out for each other = easy fight.

too much thinking for someone used to easymode 50 fp with black hole gear.

improved mechanics in 55 hm are really what this kind of endgame content needed. not everyone can daily run ops(where fights are mostly at this and further level of complexity) and this is really a way to make people enjoy their level cap and not just run for the daily gf commendations.

and activate bonus bosses since they drop black market is another good thing imo.

this is very fun boss. easy to beat as he dont hit hard nor has tight enrage timer..

shackles are only thing that I have to look out for on my healer as healing him is booring (with exception of people falling to fire)

1.position your self

2.look around

3.follow the tank

This is actuallyy a good mechanic and will give the dps more situational experience. This will also help people learn where to be when doing operations, i.e. ranged DPS do not need to be next to the tank.

I would prefer if they put more of these types of mechanics in the flashpoints so PUGs could get used to more difficult content.

Next we need to train them to stun, cc and interrupt, although that may take awhile

yeah, I'm still amazed how many people there are with hp suggesting they are 50 atleast a month (or very lucky with drops), fully augmented, not knowing that is end BT boss, on hardmode hits very hard after her pull (or fish boss leaving aoe)... or to interrupt Illum's last boss (mine was on CD, none of 2 dps even used his, and I got crap on my head for not keeping aggro when one of them died...) - same goes for Malgus...

I mean comon... we all have our better and worse days, but if mob is pulling you and channels stuff, and people run away, it is a clue for you (this might explain people on pvp taking whole Revage with their face).. or to move from circles, don't stand near edges... some fall for this 3 times in a row..

Edited by Atramar

Having beaten this fight with 3 melee DPS I can say it is pretty easy. I've also on two occasions been last man standing alongside the tank (playing as heals) and still cleared the last 25% of the boss's life. I've never seen the enrage timer but it seems to be set at some ungodly high amount of time.

Yeah, spreading out is essential.

Of course, it's just awesome when the tank is shackled in the corner right after the dps on the opposite side of the boss have been knocked back, forcing someone to run after the tank while that square is filling up with smoke....

Cademimu is the new Colicoid War Games, as far as pug trolling goes.

I rather see it as the new Kaon. It's long, annoying and it makes me want to just quit the FP whenever it pops which actually happens way too often (once again exactly like Kaon used to pop every time).

Actually this fight is bugged, the shackles will regularly not respond to group members breaking them. Spreading out mitigates this a little, but full melee groups are screwed without good use of cc breakers. I'm pretty sure the intended mechanic are the shackles should always be breakable by a group member.

And ranged getting knocked back into the fire is not the tanks fault, if you are ranged you are 100% responsible for where you are standing in relation to the boss.

Edited by Marb

Remove the shackles from HM Cademimu. It the makes FP practically unbeatable. I mean what are you supposed all 4 people get shackles? Or everyone is given shackles and then knocked into the fire.

I think you should go no further in this game than buying the Cartel market gear and making the best looking toon..