How would Darth Sidious fare against the Force Wielders of Mortis?

Sith_Kingpin

Hello, I'm new here, but I'm a massive SW fan, and that includes the novels, comics, CW series etc... I'm just wondering what your views are on how Darth Sidious (Palpatine) would have coped with the Son of Mortis? I know Anakin owned both the Daughter and Son, but I think Sidous' Force Lightning would have turned that evil SOB into ash.

Some people will argue the Force Wielders are immortal, but I think the crafty Sith Lord would find a way to cope with him. It's an interesting scenario because Anakin almost left Mortis with the Son, and they were going to destroy the Sith and the Jedi, so do you think good old Palpatine could have handled them if they succeeded in their plan? If not, would he have needed somebody's help like Master Yoda or Master Windu? Or, would even all them 3 fail against the Force Wielder Son?

First of all wasn't the Mortis just some kind of Force Vision or a dream? Something like Vader in cave on Dagobah in The Empire Strikes Back.

For second it was said that only The Chosen One can beat the Force Wielders, so even if Palpatine was more powerfull than Anakin, he wouldn't be able to kill them. This is the same as in legend about King Arthur pulling a sword from a stone, despite many stronger knights trying to pull Exalibur only the "true king" (The Chosen One) could menage it.

All other Force users would be humbled by the Ones I'm afraid. For one, the Ones are Celestials. The Celestials are a super ancient race that predate the Rakata, the Hutts and everything else. Little at all is known about them accept that they were immensely powerful and possessed incredible knowledge. Eventually they became so powerful that they became a part of the Force, and continued to guide the fate of the galaxy ever since. We can assume that these Celestials which managed to merge themselves with the Force became the Ones. So being literally a part of the Force the power they can wield is limitless, they effectively hold the power of the Force.

And yes the above poster is right, only the Chosen One can control them. And even then is not immune to their power. They are also immortal, only the Dagger of Mortis can kill them. So without that Sidious and everyone else would be powerless. And even if they weren't immortal Sidious does not hold the power to rival or overwhelm there's.

But this was actually 'discussed' in some Clone Wars comic. Speculating what would happen if the Son escaped Mortis with Anakin at his side. Basically they said that Sidious and Yoda would join forces to try and stop them, but would easily be defeated and destroyed.

The Ones are basically the most powerful force users ever.

Excellent, valid points. I agree with everything you've said. It's just, when you you know Sidious' true potential and some of his Force Powers, it's a gamble betting against him. Darth Sidous is my favorite character in the universe, and that's why I root for him.

Would his infamous Force Storm not be able to swallow up the Son? Or, would the Son be able to counter it? It's just interesting to debate, as we're also informed Sidous had the most powerful Force Lightning in Sith history, and it would be great to see his lightning up against the Son's red lightning.

Wasn't Sidous also the raw embodiment of the Dark Side? Thus, wouldn't he be on par with the Ones? For example, the Ones are basically the force, but Sidous is actually the Dark Side manifestation, so wouldn't he be godlike and be nigh impossible to defeat? I'm not disagreeing with anyone's points, I'm just trying to raise further topics for discussion.

Unfortunately, the Dark Lord would be vanquished by any of The Ones. He may have been the ultimate Sith, but The Ones are ultimate Force-users. Personally, I don't care much for The Ones (which is why don't do discuss them in my threads, or future threads), but they are superior to every mortal. I don't even think Luke Skywalker could beat them.

The only one who can control them is Anakin. He was born of The Force and is destined to balance it. He is the only one who can keep them under control. Since they have passed on, Anakin can focus on the war (speaking of, we need more war in The Clone Wars! :))

The Ones bring up an interesting concept of balance, yes? A concept many misunderstand.

Edited by Aurbere

Some good points. But I've got one more question... I've heard a rumor that Mother Talzin (the head witch of Dathomir) is a One, I personally don't believe this, but many people do think she has the powers to be a One, and they think she is the Mother that is mentioned.

She handled Count Dooku with ease, and would have killed him if not for General Grievous interrupting. People say Mother Talzin is similar to Darth Sidious as she too has a scheme she is trying to put into effect (helping both Savage and Ventress when they both go back to Dathomir complaining about one another).

I can't wait for the next arc in the CW series as I'm told Darth Sidious is going to take matters into his own hands, so it will be great to see him tackle Darth Maul and Savage with his fabled Sith Lightning.

Abeloth was/is the Mother that is mentioned. Talzin's powers don't even register next to The Ones.

Luke at his most powerful is probably the best chance mere mortals could have. If I were a Hutt, I'd still bet on the immortals though.

Edited by MasterSingh

Abeloth was/is the Mother that is mentioned. Talzin's powers don't even register next to The Ones.

Luke at his most powerful is probably the best chance mere mortals could have. If I were a Hutt, I'd still bet on the immortals though.

Abeloth was more like the step mother. She began as a servant until becoming enhanced and corrupted by the Pools.

Of course you would bet on the immortals, their immortal! :D

Yeah, obviously mere mortals stand little chance against 'immortals'. But, if you can't kill them, couldn't you at least contain or impede them? Couldn't Darth Sidous use his hyperspace wormhole to swallow up the Son? If the Son and Anakin succeeded in escaping Mortis, these are the types of tactics the most powerful Jedi and Sith would have to think as they wouldn't be able to kill the Son without the Mortis Dagger. Not being able to die doesn't mean you're not able to be imprisoned in some manner...

If you stick to TCW then the lore is that the Ones as a race can "manipulate the force like no other". They have a racial advantage over Sidious. Their invulnerability is also a major issue. the son displayed force powers that no one has been able to match. The father noted that his children can rend the universe. I imagine that it's safe to say anything Sidious can do, the Son can do better.

If you go by Abeloth as a measure, she was reputed to have the power of approximately a dozen Luke Skywalkers and she continued to gain power. She could be in multiple locations at the same time and cannot be permanently destroyed. It took the combined power of the Son and Daughter using tremendous technology to contain her. Sidious is not in that weight class.

Hello, I'm new here, but I'm a massive SW fan, and that includes the novels, comics, CW series etc... I'm just wondering what your views are on how Darth Sidious (Palpatine) would have coped with the Son of Mortis? I know Anakin owned both the Daughter and Son, but I think Sidous' Force Lightning would have turned that evil SOB into ash.

Some people will argue the Force Wielders are immortal, but I think the crafty Sith Lord would find a way to cope with him. It's an interesting scenario because Anakin almost left Mortis with the Son, and they were going to destroy the Sith and the Jedi, so do you think good old Palpatine could have handled them if they succeeded in their plan? If not, would he have needed somebody's help like Master Yoda or Master Windu? Or, would even all them 3 fail against the Force Wielder Son?

To make an example of just how powerful they were, Abeloth was their servant. Abeloth, you know the Dark-Side Deity who, according to Luke Skywalker, 12 times his power.

And they managed to defeat her and contain her...

Edited by BrandonSM

I'd just like to apologise for my earlier reply since in hindsight, it seems a bit... absolute.

I misunderstood the topic and thought this was a fight to the death, of The Ones specifically. Anyhow as the original poster pointed out, defeat doesn't have to mean total annihilation.

In any case then I would like to put forward our "current" Emperor, Lord Vitiate. As we know he never needs to directly get in harms way and can use his signature ability of fighting through another sentient being, while he figures out a way to defeat The Ones. Moreover if we allow Lord Vitiate to... accomplish his ultimate goal (being vague incase anyone hasn't finished the Jedi Knight storyline), I feel he would be more than a match for The Ones, maybe even against all 3 of them together! /mindexplodes

THIS I would love to see.

Interesting... Darth Vitiate would stand a good chance, but then if we go down that route, we have to accept that Darth Sidious could match the Ones as he is the ultimate Sith and strongest Sith Lord ever.

Anyway, I'd like to address the points made about Mother Talzin. From the CW lore, her powers far exceed anything else we've seen on the show. She can materialize matter out of thin air (the cup for Dooku etc...) also, she can teleport and fade away. She turned Savage Oppress from a thin warrior into a steroid looking maniac. With her magic, Savage found Maul and she was orchestrating the entire thing from parsecs away! She also fixed Darth Maul's broken, hermit mind and then gave him new legs as well. Her green lightning destroyed a batalion of droids, and her witchcraft would have killed a Sith Lord with ease (Dooku was going to die, that was a certainty).

So, these aren't my opinions... these are facts that are shown in the CW. So, in my eyes, she could be a One, as she has a unique, uncanny way of manipulating the force that could match almost any known force user in existence. I personally don't think she is a One, but to say she doesn't come near their power is a bold statement indeed.

Edited by Sith_Kingpin
Details