Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

BrigOrion
01.09.2012 , 09:14 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Beanzorz View Post
In a statement on the forums, SWTOR Senior Online Community Manager Stephen Reid posted the following:

"Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options. (Emphasis ours.)"
You must be new to MMOs.

Potaytoz
01.09.2012 , 09:20 AM | #52
I've played through most of the Kaliyo romance so far and... it's rocky... but I really appreciate it. It's a clear sign of NPC independence. They no longer rely on the PC for their direction. And for all the issues of "cheating" and whatnot, I can never see my Imp being the type of guy to settle down with a nice woman and have some kids, and he's just been around and with Kaliyo so long that it just makes sense. Besides, it's not like he hasn't slept with every Sith woman they've encountered. XD All he's done differently is been open about it.

Corso is the other one I love so far. He's just so damn adorkable. And he gives me moddable GUNS. You can't get much better than that. You really can't.
Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

Kesh_
01.09.2012 , 09:28 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by shinder View Post
Yeah, I can imagine that that must really suck. I was definitely more than surprised that Bioware decided to omit the ability to have homosexual relationships in the game. It's kind of been a thing that they've never had a problem with before. Didn't they say they're incorporating it soon, though? That's good news--you get to re-roll a whole new character to get romance options all over again! :P
Yeah, I was so looking forward to having my female imperial agent have a lesbian relationship. I mean come on, how is Kaliyo not at least bi-??

Maxiim
01.09.2012 , 09:50 AM | #54
What part of the Jedi Knight story is the part to trigger it with Kira? I never saw it

Primalis
01.09.2012 , 10:29 AM | #55
I want Jaxo on Coruscant!

Boosterdog
01.09.2012 , 10:31 AM | #56
I have romanced Doc, and boy is he entertaining! He is horribly corny and sleazy but I find him hilarious. Lines like:

Spoiler

and...

Spoiler

Though as predicted in the end he...

Spoiler

Just starting with Corso who is the polar opposite but just as fun! Such a sweet naive farmboy and easy to love!

Meira_Arirai
01.09.2012 , 11:38 AM | #57
Agreed on Doc. It's pretty evident that the smooth-talking lady-killer braggart act is a defensive pose, and it can be fun to puncture that and see what happens.

Karaiblis
01.09.2012 , 11:52 AM | #58
I liked Malavai best too at the start, but I think Bioware really really dropped the ball on fixing the story when they took out death as an option.

Your character is married to a guy who tries to kill them, but Bioware doesn't let you divorce him, doesn't even let you get away from him with a restraining order (carbonite freezing) or anything, but forces your SW to continue sleeping in closed quarters with him, while he continues to send personal letters, which become really creepy after someone has tried to kill you. And no I didn't spoiler that, because it's so very screwed up it should have come with big red warning spoilers from the start.

I think Corso is my favorite now, he's sweet, cool with my smuggler being the boss, and I love the blasters. The only thing that gets on my nerves with him is when he always tells enemies 'fight me fair' as if we don't pretty much start most fights out by ambushing, shooting first, and wiping the floor with the poor underpowered foes as it is.

Thanks for the earlier info, I think I'll make a Bounty Hunter next.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari
Subscription referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DnTB8N

Skeedodemus
01.09.2012 , 12:03 PM | #59
Is there a romance relationship for Ashara Zavros?

Potaytoz
01.09.2012 , 01:01 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
The only thing that gets on my nerves with him is when he always tells enemies 'fight me fair' as if we don't pretty much start most fights out by ambushing, shooting first, and wiping the floor with the poor underpowered foes as it is.

Well. He's an honest fella. Just 'cause you're a smuggler doesn't mean his is! XD I don't take the combat shouts too seriously.
Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.