actually saw a dps operative in WZ yesterday

Fidopro

what a rare sighting.

he jumped me, blew everything he had and got me down to about 60% HP. I put a dot on him and he promptly used his evasion and vanished never to be seen again.

this class is kind of embarrassing right now ..just curious how other 50 geared DPS OPS feel about their class right now?

On the other hand their healing is quite impressive...saw a sub-50 do 500K+ yesterday

What level, class, and spec are you?

I think stabby ops are fine and people were just a little too dramatic about them being nerfed again.

I was on my main at the time (50 pryo BH) and he was a fully BM geared OP

and I didn't even trinket out of his second stun..just ate the dmg and it was weak as hell lol

I put a dot on him and he promptly used his evasion and vanished never to be seen again.

I'm surprised he/she was even able to get away since Toxic Scan/Evasion rarely works cleansing DoTs and it just knocks them out of stealth for an easy kill. The best part is the change to their stealth (nerf or ...?), lately its very easy to detect them at distance and we just smash them to pieces. Essentially, if you're a PVP Conc Op you're either an idiot or masochist.

I'm surprised he/she was even able to get away since Toxic Scan/Evasion rarely works cleansing DoTs and it just knocks them out of stealth for an easy kill. The best part is the change to their stealth (nerf or ...?), lately its very easy to detect them at distance and we just smash them to pieces. Essentially, if you're a PVP Conc Op you're either an idiot or masochist.

Evasion does work just if they apply a new dot then no, Toxic scan removed everything inflicted by agents/bounty hunters, not warriors/inquistors fyi. Theres no nerf to stealth, if they didn't put any points into extra stealth level then they going to be easy to spot AND if they aren't using their stealth level buff ability wisely then they are obviously going to be seen, bad conc ops will be bad, good conc ops will be fine.

The overall DPS nerf to Concealment OPs since game release has been slightly irritating - the cooldown changes to a bread & butter DPS ability (which subsequently effected DPS output) made the class a bit slower to play - but the REAL ****** is what they did to our Energy management. If you're going to reduce our DPS then so be it, but if you are also going to make it harder to put that lower DPS out then I really have to scratch my head a bit.

Is it manageable? Yup - but the overall entertainment value of the spec has been severely reduced.

Evasion does work just if they apply a new dot then no, Toxic scan removed everything inflicted by agents/bounty hunters, not warriors/inquistors fyi. Theres no nerf to stealth, if they didn't put any points into extra stealth level then they going to be easy to spot AND if they aren't using their stealth level buff ability wisely then they are obviously going to be seen, bad conc ops will be bad, good conc ops will be fine.

Even with points in it. My Operative is gettign spotting at a pretty long distance by both Players and NPCs alike. They did soemthing to it with 1.2. Hell mobs 3 or 4 levels below me are still seeing me a some distance.

BW actually nerfed the stealth. Everyone can detect and see you from farther than before regardless extra pts in improved stealth talent. Few days ago, in a Civil War, I were hiding behind those rocks on the right (snowy) side to scout (as a scoundrel). Miracly, i saw a Sin in stealth from 30m away, staying on the edge of the platfrom (he stayed still, had his back to me). I enjoyed the sight for like 30 seconds, until he decided to move away from the spot.

"Bad will be suck, and good will be fine" is an overused excuse for every nerf, and skills has nothing to do with the core mechanics in which skills have little to no effect on it. Take a look on the case above, if i can see that sin ins stealth from 30m away, does it mean he is bad?

Edited by utuwer

BW actually nerfed the stealth. Everyone can detect and see you from farther than before regardless extra pts in improved stealth talent. Few days ago, in a Civil War, I were hiding behind those rocks on the right (snowy) side to scout (as a scoundrel). Miracly, i saw a Sin in stealth from 30m away, staying on the edge of the platfrom (he stayed still, had his back to me). I enjoyed the sight for like 30 seconds, until he decided to move away from the spot.

"Bad will be suck, and good will be fine" is an overused excuse for every nerf, and skills has nothing to do with the core mechanics in which skills have little to no effect on it. Take a look on the case above, if i can see that sin ins stealth from 30m away, does it mean he is bad?

Pointing out the last paragraph, SHHHH! Don't use your logic! This. Is. A. PvP. Forum! It doesn't matter that this game takes little skill to compete, just a lot of time! It's obviously fine PvP!

what a rare sighting.

he jumped me, blew everything he had and got me down to about 60% HP. I put a dot on him and he promptly used his evasion and vanished never to be seen again.

this class is kind of embarrassing right now ..just curious how other 50 geared DPS OPS feel about their class right now?

On the other hand their healing is quite impressive...saw a sub-50 do 500K+ yesterday

Yes, right now their damage is laughable, yes when i get jumped they take 50% of my hp, and then get destroyed by me because they have nothing left.

As for healing, it is OK, my personal best so far is 420k, at level 42.

Operative is not a very strong class but they're not exactly as weak as people say unless you're matched up against a Marauder or a Tankasin. Both of these classes are pretty much tailored to destroy an Operative. Undying Rage basically makes frontloaded burst DPS meaningless, and Force Shroud is still autowin versus Operatives. That said, there's still value to pop the best CD of the two most powerful classes in the game sooner rather than later. Edited by Astarica

What level, class, and spec are you?

I think stabby ops are fine and people were just a little too dramatic about them being nerfed again.

By "fine" Xerain means that they can't hurt his marauder and they don't take up too much of his time to kill.

According to Georg Zoeller, 'teams of Operatives' were stun-locking people and causing them to QUIT THE GAME.

It looks like the Operative plague has finally been averted and SWTOR is safe for the time being.

i was in a Huttball match earlier... Not sure if premade or terrible luck, but there were four ops. I quit that game before the ball got out of mid. Mostly just because I "randomly" got stuck in Huttball more than 10 times tonight, and 70% of the time I actually play a Huttball match, I ended up perma stunned somewhere on the floor. Happened in Novare Coast earlier too. So much for getting fixed.

And Operative shouldn't be jumping you at 100% health. I think that's where people playing the class get it wrong. You have stealth, you can choose your targets... why would you pick a target at 100% unless you had to?

For me, the point of any DPS stealth class, is to take people from 50% to 0%, before they know what happened.

And Operative shouldn't be jumping you at 100% health. I think that's where people playing the class get it wrong. You have stealth, you can choose your targets... why would you pick a target at 100% unless you had to?

For me, the point of any DPS stealth class, is to take people from 50% to 0%, before they know what happened.

Nah, my view of a stealth class is to be able to choose the most important target and make his life hell. Like a healer for example. Except they can /dance and talk to you in spacial while you are smashing every attack and still get away with 50%+ health.