Face the facts and read between the whines - maras/sents are imbalanced

Extenzz

The thousands upon thousands of posts on this topic are probably enough of an indication that something is out of whack with marauders and sentinels. If you read between the L2P and epeen raging whines, and morons thinking classes are balanced on 1v1 duels, it's pretty clear this class is OP due to a few abilities and compounded by a slight increase in damage output and nerf to healing.

When marauders/sentinels best argument is "just use one of your CCs when we use certain abilities," or "don't 1v1 us," it's by far the best indication that said class is out of balance. Why should any other class have to save a precious CC/knockback/stun JUST for your ability? Come on now.

When your class has more survivability than my shield spec vanguard via really short and powerful CDs, something is up. I personally don't have an issue with their damage or even the abilities themselves, just put them on a more reasonable timer so they can't be used every single fight. Problem solved.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When marauders/sentinels best argument is "just use one of your CCs when we use certain abilities," or "don't 1v1 us," it's by far the best indication that said class is out of balance. Why should any other class have to save a precious CC/knockback/stun JUST for your ability? Come on now.

When your class has more survivability than my shield spec vanguard via really short and powerful CDs, something is up. I personally don't have an issue with their damage or even the abilities themselves, just put them on a more reasonable timer so they can't be used every single fight. Problem solved.

If a sent has more surviability than a shield spec vangaurd there has to be a serious gear gap. Every class has a "if you see this do this" situation. Stuns are hardly precious in this game, just about every class has ateast 1.

So I confess I didn't read your post. That said your argument is that because so many people say that it is true it must be? I'm not saying ur wrong (which I think you are) but your reasoning is fallacious.

Ps How many people must tell you that you should jump off a bridge before you should jump off a bridge?

The thousands upon thousands of posts on this topic are probably enough of an indication that something is out of whack with marauders and sentinels. If you read between the L2P and epeen raging whines, and morons thinking classes are balanced on 1v1 duels, it's pretty clear this class is OP due to a few abilities and compounded by a slight increase in damage output and nerf to healing.

People don't understand other classes got nerfed, therefore aren't doing that great of DPS when compared with Maras/sents. If that wasn't enough, they have the best defensive cooldowns in the game that were balanced around damage before 1.2 and surge changes.(You know, when BH's and sages were hitting them hard) And received a buff last patch. I mean, really it's not hard to understand.

When marauders/sentinels best argument is "just use one of your CCs when we use certain abilities,".

Really? Class A uses an ability, Class B counters with an ability of their own. Isn't this strategic PvP? What in your opinion is a justification for using a "precious" - (get real here man, so many are on short CD) CC/Knockback/Stun as a counter?

So I confess I didn't read your post. That said your argument is that because so many people say that it is true it must be? I'm not saying ur wrong (which I think you are) but your reasoning is fallacious.

Ps How many people must tell you that you should jump off a bridge before you should jump off a bridge?

So you think every single thread and complaint about this class is unjustified? Sorry, things don't work that way. Sure there are plenty of lemmings and idiots who don't understand class mechanics, but again read between the whines and there are a lot of logical complaints. I doubt it's completely unjustified.

Edited by Extenzz
typo

They're imbalanced... vs Sorcs and Mercs, who, coincidentally, are the most played ACs in the game.

That doesn't mean anything except that Sorcs and tracerspammers don't get a free ride.

hmm dunno what server you play on but our wzs are full with maras and jugs always at least 3-4 in a team where you rarly see a sorc or merch and if you do they heal and not dps

So you think every single thread and complaint about this class is unjustified? Sorry, things don't work that way. Sure there are plenty of lemmings and idiots who don't understand class mechanics, but again read between the whines and there are a lot of logical complaints. I doubt it's completely unjustified.

Yes. Especially when they exaggerate. Examples:

"They kill me in 3 GCDs"

"Ravage critted me for 10k"

"They can pop god mode and live through 40 hits"

etc...

"They kill me in 3 GCDs"

etc...

Well, hypothetically, they could pop their invuln and survive 40 hits, as long as all 40 of those hits happened in 5 seconds *Trollface* XD

They're imbalanced... vs Sorcs and Mercs, who, coincidentally, are the most played ACs in the game.

That doesn't mean anything except that Sorcs and tracerspammers don't get a free ride.

Sorcs didn't have a free ride before. People just preferred to whine here instead of learn to kill or focus them and now due to BW listening to the whiney WoW fanboi kids PVE sorc healers got the shaft.

You all won't be happy until they remove all armor/skills/levels and its naked toons, all the same class with wooden bats as weapons. (wait isn't that AoC?)

Perhaps BW should listen now.

Edited by MandraMoody

"They kill me in 3 GCDs"

etc...

Again, there are plenty of exaggerations and I agree those are dumb. The point is there are sound arguments and plenty of non-trolls pointing out the issues between the hordes of moronic posts.

1) You guys seriously gotta stop crying about how OP maras and Sentinels are...... first of all ...... role one before you can say anything. The class has a high skill cap. I play a Marauder. War Hero. Fully Geared and Augmented.

Maras are squishy as hell for one unless they are running annihilation spec. Its a more tanky of a spec cuz of the self heals. The only Mara tree that could be considered OP is Annihilation. Carnage clearly doesnt have the same kind of damage and neither does rage. Rage spec marauders do not do as much damage as rage spec juggs. So if your gonna cry about that, cry about juggs. As for you taking a full 10k Ravage...... your an idiot for sitting thru the whole channel..... if you were good you would move, knockback, snare, cc............. its only uninterruptable by your main interrupt. All other forms of cc work on maras during Ravage. Stop crying about it. If you were good you woulldnt sit there and take it.

2) Annihilation is only good when you dont have a smart healer on your team..... its the best 1v1 spec in the game similiar to pyro for PTs.... no one can beat that damage 1v1. Its unmitigated internal damage. IT CAN BE CLEANSED. you friggin crybabies need to learn how to play. 50 percent of the damage is GONE in one cleanse. Cry more that the healers on your servers are terrible or you dont have any at all. THAT IS NOT AN IMBALANCE OR DOES THAT MAKE MARAS OP!!!!!

3) There is an internal Mara class imbalance. Only 1 tree is really Viable. I will say that I think annihilation needs a nerf and Carnage and rage need a buff. The mechanics involved in the trees make for unbalanced gameplay. A good Annihilation Marauder should not be beaten by a Carnage Marauder. In the same token...... Carnage marauders are better at killing squishies and annihilation are better at killing tanks. Different team dynamics.....

Any class would be hard pressed to kill an Annihilation Marauder 1v1 but its not impossible because I have done it.

Stop crying.

Again, there are plenty of exaggerations and I agree those are dumb. The point is there are sound arguments and plenty of non-trolls pointing out the issues between the hordes of moronic posts.

Just get rid of Guarded by the Force and everyone will still cry. Watch.

If that happened Marauders and Sents would no longer be in the game. They would die way too quick for the to be justified.

you mean you will die as quick as the rest of the dps? yeah how can that be justified

1) Its unmitigated internal damage. IT CAN BE CLEANSED. you friggin crybabies need to learn how to play. 50 percent of the damage is GONE in one cleanse. Cry more that the healers on your servers are terrible or you dont have any at all. THAT IS NOT AN IMBALANCE OR DOES THAT MAKE MARAS OP!!!!!

Stop crying.

(As a nooby recruit geared sorc.) : I can't cleanse force scream, or smash. :(

Also, my problem with healing this patch is because of the changes to expertise. DPS got a damage buff from it, and healers didn't get a healing buff. Add to the fact that we can't cast my big heal quickly anymore (Kolto injection and Rapid scan are quicker even), and that's pretty disastrous for us. Hybrid Sorcs were OP since they got all the DPS and CC, not healing sorcs. You Maras used to be able to lock me down where my healing = DPS , which is how it should be!

This is from my PvP perspective while I was in Centurion gear in 1.1.5 and am now in Recruit gear in 1.2.

Edited by Amien

you mean you will die as quick as the rest of the dps? yeah how can that be justified

other dps have stuns. id rather have a 5 second stun than 5 seconds of 99% less damage that i can be cc'd through

Edited by Moosestick

Really, that is your argument? That you should be able to beat us WITHOUT using your abilities?