What works best with a Sage?

Havenstone

I don't make it a habit of hanging around the Force-User threads on the forums as I have minimal interest in playing one. My wife, however, really likes the concept of the Consular (and your Dark-side equivilant), and I'd like to play alongside her. Whilst we both accept that unless I make a Knight (an unlikely prospect at best), I won't be with her on Tython, which is fine with us. However, I'd like the input of Consulars of what non-Force class, or classes, would work well with a Consular? She has a real desire to play a Sage, and seems to enjoy healing, so I know she'll be generally popular in Flashpoints and Operations.

I had originally intended to play a Smuggler (unsure of AC), and still intend to do so at some point, but I played a Commando during the beta weekend (to complement a Sentinel she played) and found myself enjoying it a lot. What classes did you enjoy working with? Not enjoy? Find a hindrance?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Havenstone

Well, in the Thanksgiving Beta I rolled a Sentinel as my main, also doing the other classes just to try them out, and did the Esseles FP a few times. I never got to work with Troopers, only Knights, Consulars, and Smugglers, and I found the best matches for my character were both the Consulars and Smugglers, as they mainly hung back while I ran in and slashed.

For a Consular though, I think a Trooper might be a good matchup. It could draw the enemies in and blast them for a good ammount of damage while the Consular stayed a safe distance away and healed the trooper while also using it's ranged attacks. I say this because to me Troopers seem to be the more heavy-hitters of the non-force users, and can take a good ammount of hits from the enemies while doing so.

For a Consular though, I think a Trooper might be a good matchup. It could draw the enemies in and blast them for a good ammount of damage while the Consular stayed a safe distance away and healed the trooper while also using it's ranged attacks. I say this because to me Troopers seem to be the more heavy-hitters of the non-force users, and can take a good ammount of hits from the enemies while doing so.

Thank you for the reply.

When I played with my Commando and my wife's Sentinel, I found that while she could take a lot of the aggro, I could get in and do so too. He was a LOT more survivable than my IA, and we both liked how I cut through mooks while she tangled up the bosses.

Also, Cryo Grenade became one of our most beloved powers. Anything that was still kicking after a Sticky and Mortar Volley got one.

Thank you.

Havenstone, were you planning on a Trooper Vanguard? It sounded like if she was planning on seer sage for healing and you tank as a vanguard, that there would be minimal melee, thus maybe less healing?

IMHO I like that setup, but a Knight(tank) would be more practical in this case.

I don't make it a habit of hanging around the Force-User threads on the forums as I have minimal interest in playing one. My wife, however, really likes the concept of the Consular (and your Dark-side equivilant), and I'd like to play alongside her. Whilst we both accept that unless I make a Knight (an unlikely prospect at best), I won't be with her on Tython, which is fine with us. However, I'd like the input of Consulars of what non-Force class, or classes, would work well with a Consular? She has a real desire to play a Sage, and seems to enjoy healing, so I know she'll be generally popular in Flashpoints and Operations.

I had originally intended to play a Smuggler (unsure of AC), and still intend to do so at some point, but I played a Commando during the beta weekend (to complement a Sentinel she played) and found myself enjoying it a lot. What classes did you enjoy working with? Not enjoy? Find a hindrance?

Thank you in advance.

Consulars may be Tanks, Healers, or DPS (they have 4 dps tree's , actually )

If they go tank , they could probably use a healer friend. (Trooper, smuggler , and another counsiler, have healer trees)

If they go healer, a tank would be nice (consuloar, jk , trooper)

If they go dps , it's all up for grabs.

I've been playing with a Vanguard a lot and it has worked quite well. Of course its been only in the low to mid teens, so class roles aren't that defined yet. Any class that can prevent you from getting hit much should be good I would think. Specially for a sage, we really don't want to be hit too much.