An Update on the Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this hinting and teasing ******** is really getting old.

Its been a year with almost no pvp updates whatsoever and you're trying to be cute about this, when you should lay everything out and hope people will be satisfied enough to wait it out. October is a long time away and writing these long posts without actually saying anything is just making it seem even farther away.

Actually, we already have bloom in the game, we just keep it pretty subtle. Don't worry, the art style remains intact! I'm sure there will be some additional info coming before 2.3 about these improvements. I'm really excited about them. We're always trying to give our artists more tools for making great stuff for you.

Thank you, but please take a look at the hjelmet designs. There are quite some people (including me) who find them quite awkward to not "StarWars-ish" at all.

Don't worry, the art style remains intact! I'm sure there will be some additional info coming before 2.3 about these improvements. I'm really excited about them. We're always trying to give our artists more tools for making great stuff for you.

Good to hear the style remains intact. I'm all for graphical improvements, but yeah, 'enhanced vibrancy' makes me nervous...sounds to me like a step towards over-saturated candyland. The colors seem plenty vibrant to me as they are. (Improved AA would be nice, though...)

But yeah, some previews would be appreciated. I'd like to be excited about it too, rather than apprehensive.

Don't worry, the art style remains intact!
I would sure love the Lego hairlines not to remain intact in the current art-style though. I really enjoy TOR's art-style, when you take a screen of Dune Sea at Tatooine, it really captures the "beautiful artwork" look you were going for. But the Lego beards and hair do not fit it at all and just look like piece of plastic glued to character faces. It may be a small thing, but it's the reason why I avoid beards/most hairstyles in the game like a plague. Edited by Pietrastor

• 3 weeks later...
I have read through the posts on this thread and skipped some, I just hate when people compare this game, this game is not WOW! Wow is much more polished in so many ways, it's not even close. The amount of raids per each expansion alone makes this game look like a small feeble child cowering in the corner. It is amazing this game still has the following it does, TFB was released early September 2012, and it's still an area of current content...***? here it is July and when we need a new operation, they give us 2 flashpoints....which should have been dropped with launch of the "expansion". To be honest if not for the people I play with I would have left long ago, but it's the same song and dance that has left this server just south of 500k real players, in a game that could have taken the good things WOW does and built upon it to make something great....but did not. Anything they attempt to "Fix" leads to more things becoming broken, Developers, you should be ashamed of yourselves, this is real life not baseball, you must be better than 30% to be successful at your job!

I have read through the posts on this thread and skipped some, I just hate when people compare this game, this game is not WOW! Wow is much more polished in so many ways, it's not even close. The amount of raids per each expansion alone makes this game look like a small feeble child cowering in the corner. It is amazing this game still has the following it does, TFB was released early September 2012, and it's still an area of current content...***? here it is July and when we need a new operation, they give us 2 flashpoints....which should have been dropped with launch of the "expansion". To be honest if not for the people I play with I would have left long ago, but it's the same song and dance that has left this server just south of 500k real players, in a game that could have taken the good things WOW does and built upon it to make something great....but did not. Anything they attempt to "Fix" leads to more things becoming broken, Developers, you should be ashamed of yourselves, this is real life not baseball, you must be better than 30% to be successful at your job!

Can't believe this was necro'd, but I'll tackle your post, sir.

The reason why many compare this game to WoW is because this is pretty much WoW, but with the Star Wars skin slapped onto it. I hear the combat, the skin, and the general feel to it is just like WoW. I have never played WoW, but a lot of research, forum posts and people I have met in-game have led me to believe that what I see with SWTOR being compared to WoW is true. This game is in fact a WoW clone with a Star Wars skin slapped onto it.

Heck, there's even a picture comparing two skill trees of a Sith Warrior from this game and a Warrior from WoW.

Edited by MrJurgens

Can't believe this was necro'd, but I'll tackle your post, sir.

The reason why many compare this game to WoW is because this is pretty much WoW, but with the Star Wars skin slapped onto it. I hear the combat, the skin, and the general feel to it is just like WoW. I have never played WoW, but a lot of research, forum posts and people I have met in-game have led me to believe that what I see with SWTOR being compared to WoW is true. This game is in fact a WoW clone with a Star Wars skin slapped onto it.

Heck, there's even a picture comparing two skill trees of a Sith Warrior from this game and a Warrior from WoW.

To be fair, they are starting to add more variety in the fights. In SNV the Cartel Warlord fight is multiple guys fighting at once, though we all still zerg down one guy.

To be fair, they are starting to add more variety in the fights. In SNV the Cartel Warlord fight is multiple guys fighting at once, though we all still zerg down one guy.

To be honest, I never saw the problem with zerging down one guy, when there are tactics involved and when not every single fight is like that.

I know it's probably Ohlen's fault for making it sound like it would be something radically different than normal, but... what would that be like?

However, they did not just now start adding more variety in fights. There were always fights with variety where it didn't just mean zerging on one guy. The Pylons and The Infernal Council on Eternity Vault, the Puzzles on every single operation, world bosses like the Nightmare Pilgrimage, the Dread Guard fight etc all had things that required the larger team to break up into smaller groups.

I suppose what I want to say is that I don't get the hate in working as a team to bring down one enemy. The enemy is not your equal, therefore it makes sense that you'd need more than one person to bring him down. It also makes working as a team much more important than any individual within that team. And isn't that what Operations are supposed to be about?

Edited by TheNahash