1.6 is indirectly nerfing/buffing classes.

MidichIorian

Winners: The classes that were already on top. Classes where the difference in output is significant between a recruit and a WH.

Losers: Classes that scale poorly with expertise and have low damage mitigation.

This is going to sound messed up but the reason to why some classes were still highly viable in 1.5, regardless of all the crap BW had been up to, was gear disparity. You could faceroll people on a sage/sorc because in 95 % of the cases you wouldnt run into that min/maxed WH mara. This was the main difference between rwz and normal warzones. The rated warzones didnt have the same gear disparity so it quickly became obvious what to bring and not to bring.

Well, two weeks from now and it's not just going to be one out of four maras in every warzones that can hit a 1400 expertise sage/sorc for 7K. It's going to be all of them. I'm using sage/sorc as an example since that's what I play. Other classes will take big hits too from every warrior/knight on the field of course. The other problem is that while sage/sorc WILL take 7K hits in WH they'll also do much less damage, due to everyone els mitigating much more all of a sudden.

It's going to be awesome.

Edited by MidichIorian

Winners: The classes that were already on top. Classes where the difference in output is significant between a recruit and a WH.

Losers: Classes that scale poorly with expertise and have low damage mitigation.

This is going to sound messed up but the reason to why some classes were still highly viable in 1.5, regardless of all the crap BW had been up to, was gear disparity. You could faceroll people on a sage/sorc because in 95 % of the cases you wouldnt run into that min/maxed WH mara. This was the main difference between rwz and normal warzones. The rated warzones didnt have the same gear disparity so it quickly became obvious what to bring and not to bring.

Well, two weeks from now and it's not just going to be one out of four maras in every warzones that can hit a 1400 expertise sage/sorc for 7K. It's going to be all of them. I'm using sage/sorc as an example since that's what I play. Other classes will take big hits too from every warrior/knight on the field of course. The other problem is that while sage/sorc WILL take 7K hits in WH they'll also do much less damage, due to everyone els mitigating much more all of a sudden.

well to be honest i figured i would try it out in 1.6 and not complain, I mean how bad could it be sure it was bad when i leveled up my sage healer in recruit and would get killed by a powertech or maurader it can't be any worse then that right? Bioware is making the game more fair with the expertise cap being the same right?

Well Sir i am here to tell you the 7k hit thing is a reality i tried the warzones today and even finished my daily keep in mind I am use to being able to stay alive long enough to get some heals off my high was 850k in a match i can break 300k without breaking a sweat and ussually getting over 100k damage from dots while healing. My sage has full warhero with the warhero elite offhand i stacked expertise so i could stay in fights longer to fight it is 1385 as of yesterday and still shows that now. However after today i couldn't break 250k heals in a warzone due to the fact that i got steamrolled by every body and there mother lol. I mean seriously i could handle a 14k maurader beating on me while i tried to heal and keep myself alive but now all that happens is i throw a few heals then i get jumped by a mob like it is always btw who ever thinks anything about a warzone is fair is out of there mind, I mean really how often do you see a one on one fight lets be serious, but anyways like i was saying i get a couple heals off then low and behold i have 2 to 4 people killing me in about 3 seconds thanks to the cc's you know a force choke then a force choke by his buddy and maybe a blow back thrown in there which isn't suppose to happen from what i thought a pull and blow back were considered balistics so after a force choke and a blow back the second force choke shouldn't work you should be resolve correct? But anyways yah the bullcrap of making it fair isn't a reality the point of having gear in a game is to aquire it the point to having higher levels of gear is to improve it and the norm has been for pvp to have a pvp stat that can be improved so you can live longer in a pvp fight. now the pvp stat is the same to make the causual guys who just kill some time in a pvp happy until they log into there lower armor class and still get owned lol that will be a suprise I'm sure. And its not just he sage i have a scoundral i just got to 50 2 weeks ago i didn't hear anything about the 1.6 update until a week ago i mean 1.5 just came out not that long ago right? Anyways the same issue i use to be able to take on a guy one on one and have a decent chance of beating him if we were close in life sometimes i could even beat better geared people because they didnt know the classes that well. And i did solo one guy in a one on one fight a powertech with 19k life which is just about 400 hp more then me but when his 3 buddies showed up after i capped the node they killed me before i could hit my unstun button and vanish literally like 1.5 seconds and i dropped tell me how dieing that fast has anything to do with skill please because i don't see it. and the real slap in the face is due to the fact i didn't know that 1.6 would be released today until the day before when i heard it in chat i feel like i wasted the 4500 ranked warzone coms and the 2682 warzone because i leveled from 40 to 50 in just warzones and saved the coms now all of that was for not i have some mostly battlemaster with warhero ear weapon and offhand and two recruit pieces what would i have to be happy or enjoy about that experience. so ya im taking a day to cool off but will prob be cancelling this game and deleting it off my comp which will prob follow with my two brother who are equally unhappy at this point with 1.6 and biowares persistance on helping us with the crashing every hour issue, closing out there accounts and moving on it was a fun run and we stuck out since the release but i dont see it getting any better, and i don't see the pvp being any more balanced this way i just see alot of people dieing constantly except for the heavy armored they seem to die less maybe next they will make all pvp gear have even armor rating to no light no medium no heavy lol wonder how well people would like that?

Solution is easy return expertise back to prior to 1.2 when pvp was fun.

Also, Tanks need to have there damage toned down.. Rail shot 5800 damage Smash 6800 damage aoe?? Seriously how does that make sense in any MMO to have a class wearing heavy armor hit that hard.

I am actually kind of worried about this with gear not longer helping the weaker classes you could suddenly see a lot of the population of warzones seriously decline. Well I have not played it yet still waiting to get off work but if that is so then I can see a lot of QQ threads coming in over the next weeks.

Also, Tanks need to have there damage toned down.. Rail shot 5800 damage Smash 6800 damage aoe?? Seriously how does that make sense in any MMO to have a class wearing heavy armor hit that hard.

It doesnt and I threw up a little in my mouth as I was listening to the torwars podcast with one of the devs . It become quite obvious that they have no idea what they're doing (as if we didnt know that already). I'm not saying that I'm God's gift to gaming but I consider myself to be significally better than the average player and that's probably the only reason to why I'm still hanging in there. I don't see how this game can be fun for an average player that doesnt want to play one of the fotm classes. Yeah I see you in game after game, the top dps'es have close to 500K while you average around 100K, and you were zerging too. I would never have been able to enjoy that so yeah, I understand why people are rolling fotmers. It's either that or quitting when the devs cant get their heads out of eachothers asses. Edited by MidichIorian

Dude, rage juggs are the easiest spec to kill...they aren't wearing tanking gear, in tanking spec, or tanking form when they land that large crit on you. Heavy armor in this game hardly makes a big difference compared to other mmo's.

Seriously? Class balance should be achieved by a gear deficit? What about sage sorcerers who were just entering 50 WZs?
It shouldnt and it's the worst way of achieving balance but it somewhat worked for geared sages/sorcs ( and I imagine to some degree the few ops/scoundrel dps'es that still are around too). It's great that the gear gap has been reduced, WH could be free for all I care, but I think that BW, once again, has overlooked the consequences for certain classes. Edited by MidichIorian

It shouldnt and it's the worst way of achieving balance but it somewhat worked for geared sages/sorcs ( and I imagine to some degree the few ops/scoundrel dps'es that still are around too). It's great that the gear gap has been reduced, WH could be free for all I care, but I think that BW, once again, has overlooked the consequences for certain classes.

I thought I heard they were going to do a balance pass in the next patch. The thing is, it is not really balanced if those classes had to outgear to compete. Like I said; the new sages and operatives and the likes would then be suffering a greater ill just in the name of having the geared ones reap what very little situational benefit there really was.

It doesnt and I threw up a little in my mouth as I was listening to the torwars podcast with one of the devs . It become quite obvious that they have no idea what they're doing (as if we didnt know that already). I'm not saying that I'm God's gift to gaming but I consider myself to be significally better than the average player and that's probably the only reason to why I'm still hanging in there. I don't see how this game can be fun for an average player that doesnt want to play one of the fotm classes. Yeah I see you in game after game, the top dps'es have close to 500K while you average around 100K, and you were zerging too. I would never have been able to enjoy that so yeah, I understand why people are rolling fotmers. It's either that or quitting when the devs cant get their heads out of eachothers asses.

No one cares about how good you are as a player. You don't know any thing about programming or game design. Why should any any one listen to some one who isn't even in the software business.

lolwut? what tank is doing 5.8k on a railshot? tank is a spec not an AC. the only "broken" thing about tank ACs is that the dps trees still have access to taunts.

Class balance is going to be an issue in swtor forever, every class scales differently :

So for instance giving a 20% boost ine primary stats will have a massive effect to one class but little to another.

Couple that with bw needs to balance pve too, and you have a nightmare job. Slow careful changes are the best solution but this takes a lot of time and effort. You can forget about 1v1 balance, best you can hope for is all classes having a place in a pvp team.

Edited by snoopies

It's definitely going to have an impact. I've been 50 only 1 week on my assassin and already min / maxed his gear. I'll be using legacy to forward over components to my other characters.

I know they wanted to level the playing field but I think this was a mistake, they made it way too easy.

It's definitely going to have an impact. I've been 50 only 1 week on my assassin and already min / maxed his gear. I'll be using legacy to forward over components to my other characters.

I know they wanted to level the playing field but I think this was a mistake, they made it way too easy.

I'm fine with them lvling the playing field it "should" make for more efficient buffs/nerfs.

Ohoh, here's a thought: now that gear is pretty much even across the board, Bioware can balance classes based on design and not gear disparities.

But that would be putting a positive spin on things, and we can't have that, can we?

A Firefly fan and an optimist?

Edited by LarryRow