'Disable' Double XP Option Should Be Availaible!

mindtrancer

Especially when it's going to be as long as 2 months. I was brought back to swtor from watching new video & timing. I rolled a new toon, and I missed the thrill of gettting access to fleet & ship in a meaningful way (among other things). So I looked for a 'disable double xp' option or something after I was told it was douible xp for 2 entire months!

Then I tried to level my highest toon to 65. I got to 61 before I realized the timing was way off, didn't know when to start Revan stuff, and wondered how many other good accomplished 'feeling' opportunities I'm missing out on like mentioned above. So I decided to focus on my crafting skills & such while knowing they're probably not going to come out with a 'disable' double xp option for their paying customers. It's almost making me resent them not being thoughtful and/or considerate to all the paying customer requests I've seen over time on this issue.

I'm trying to enjoy this double xp thing, but since I like taking my time trying to enjoy the game at a more slow pace, this hurry up/rush just for the new expansion stuff rather than allowing a more individualized experience kind of ticks me off. Especiallly when I hear others say it's no big deal. It's kind of big enough for me to feel a need to stick to crafting if I can for 2 months. I see people are kind of split over this. What are your thoughts? Shouldn't there be an option to click to disable speed leveling if you wish to enjoy 'normal' gameplay experiences?

Even with the normal gameplay experience now, you would be able to level a toon in about 2-3 days, if not sooner, depending on how much time you play and what stuff you do. The xp amount given now even without 2x, is too much IMO. Newer players do not have the time to learn their class at all, before reaching level cap. Edited by Tanitha

Newer players do not have the time to learn their class at all, before reaching level cap.

The "weird people" thread suggests strongly that a substantial fraction of them don't learn their class at all, no matter how slowly they level up.

4.0 did bring one good thing, though: an end to players having (aside from very briefly on the starter world) the wrong mainstat on their gear. No more WIllpower SWs, Cunning troopers, and so on.

And no more Cunning Assault Cannons, either.

• 5 weeks later...
There used to be an item that would let you do this, right? I think it was the White Acute Module or Mod or something. IIRC it disappeared about a year ago, but if anyone knows if it's possible to find in game, feel free to share!

That was last year when the xp was more than double xp and once that was over it was removed. Double XP should be ending when the new expansion launches. They normally do this for the new expansions but lucky it was on double xp this year.

There used to be an item that would let you do this, right? I think it was the White Acute Module or Mod or something. IIRC it disappeared about a year ago, but if anyone knows if it's possible to find in game, feel free to share!

The White Acute Module disabled the 12x XP during those XP events. Double-XP events have never had a disablement object.