Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Invisible Mechanics

lcharas
05.04.2015 , 01:30 PM | #1
I know there are similar posts out there, but most only adress one aspect.

I've been playing SWTOR for 3 years now. I've raided rather successfully until incl. Oricon NM (Brontes and Council NM both down within two months after release). Now 3.0 (especially 3.1) on the other hand is completely ridiculous.
(Temple of Sacrifice works as intended.)
At the moment I have (or rather miss):
Sparky: the first two adds just don't show up at all
Bulo: the old blue circles were visible, the new circles aren't displayed at all
Torque: the old fire and smoke were visible, the new fire is not displayed at all (not even for a fraction of a second)
(haven't been able to kill Torque since that because of this)

Colossal Monolith:
As it uses the same blue circles as Bulo, there is exactly nothing visible.
There is no cross: all colors are displayed on the same side.

I've re-downloaded the whole game last tuesday after the latest patch and installed the latest cpu and gpu drivers.

At the moment I'm asking myself why I'm paying for this broken game...
Obviously I cannot upload Screenshots of mechanics that aren't displayed. I recorded a vid of Torque yesterday and could upload it if it is requested, though I'm a bit reluctant to uploading 160MB...
Anyway: this is what the Monolith cross looks like: http://postimg.org/image/bwzidomnx/
Open Hardware Monitor Report:
Spoiler
Please call repeatable 8m pve content operations.

4.0 HM Solo Flashpoints @Youtube

JouerTue
05.04.2015 , 04:57 PM | #2
i've your same graphic issues excluding monolith cross, where i just dont see the first white circles, but on laptop..on pc i'm fine beside torque and the bulo/mono circles. i didn't try to adjust graphics yet or change hardware since drivers and the components are up to date, did you try to play a bit with graphic settings? i've noticed some animations change and even if i doubt it will happen on instances you can never know..
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

lcharas
05.04.2015 , 07:00 PM | #3
I've tried all graphic presets to no avail.

Ridiculously, I just started up the game on my Linux Mint Notebook in a virtual machine - the fire is visible there.
(This probably won't help me much though, as the virtual machine just doesn't have enough punch for the game.)

On my desktop pc I just got some random guy to open up an ops group and pulled Torque for a recording.
This is how Torque's fire looks for me: https://youtu.be/Ftt4cBSGpzk (The first fire comes by the time it kicks the current tank the first time.)
Currently the game runs on the "high" preset with borderless window mode.

This is the corresponding log: http://parsely.io/parser/view/26746

JouerTue
05.05.2015 , 01:27 AM | #4
sadly the only thing that comes to my mind is opening a ticket and see what they tell you. there could be some setting combo doing the trick, maybe try to load back a previous driver in your video card..
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

-Gorlock-
05.05.2015 , 01:53 AM | #5
Post your specs, and what you are running on in game.

Also, update your Graphics Cards Drivers, see if that helps.
Shadow CouncilPax Republica
~Løbøt
~Løbøts'Waifu
10/10 HM Rav/Tos

lcharas
05.05.2015 , 09:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by -Gorlock- View Post
Post your specs
See open hardware monitor report in first post
and what you are running on in game.
See my second post
update your Graphics Cards Drivers
See my first post
see if that helps
It doesn't

DarknessInLight
05.05.2015 , 11:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by lcharas View Post
I know there are similar posts out there, but most only adress one aspect.

I've been playing SWTOR for 3 years now. I've raided rather successfully until incl. Oricon NM (Brontes and Council NM both down within two months after release). Now 3.0 (especially 3.1) on the other hand is completely ridiculous.
(Temple of Sacrifice works as intended.)
At the moment I have (or rather miss):
Bulo: the old blue circles were visible, the new circles aren't displayed at all
Torque: the old fire and smoke were visible, the new fire is not displayed at all (not even for a fraction of a second)
(haven't been able to kill Torque since that because of this)

Colossal Monolith:
As it uses the same blue circles as Bulo, there is exactly nothing visible.
There is no cross: all colors are displayed on the same side.

I've re-downloaded the whole game last tuesday after the latest patch and installed the latest cpu and gpu drivers.

AdapterIndex: 1
isActive: 0
AdapterName: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
UDID: PCI_VEN_1002&DEV_6719&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00_4&253 4E90F&0&0010&02A
Present: 1
VendorID: 0x1002
BusNumber: 1
DeviceNumber: 0
FunctionNumber: 0
AdapterID: 0x80D9300
Im gonna go out on a limb here, and I know that what I'm about to say may make some ATI fanboys mad, but have you considered switching to Nvidia? Lets be honest here, I'm willing to say that 85% of the graphical issues in this game do not exist on a rig running an decent Nvidia GPU. The only problem I have had with anything in this game has been with Underlurker's adds and their animations killing my framerate, but that problem appears to be on Bioware's end and not ours....

Also, are you on a laptop or a desktop?
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

-Gorlock-
05.05.2015 , 11:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
Im gonna go out on a limb here, and I know that what I'm about to say may make some ATI fanboys mad, but have you considered switching to Nvidia? Lets be honest here, I'm willing to say that 85% of the graphical issues in this game do not exist on a rig running an decent Nvidia GPU. The only problem I have had with anything in this game has been with Underlurker's adds and their animations killing my framerate, but that problem appears to be on Bioware's end and not ours....

Potentially a problem, ATI drivers have been known, for a lot of games, to have graphical artifacts or just are downright bad. Not likely but I have heard of this issue.

@OP
When is the last time you updated your drivers? When did you start noticing these problems?
Shadow CouncilPax Republica
~Løbøt
~Løbøts'Waifu
10/10 HM Rav/Tos

DarknessInLight
05.05.2015 , 11:40 AM | #9
Potentially a problem, ATI drivers have been known, for a lot of games, to have graphical artifacts or just are downright bad. Not likely but I have heard of this issue.

@OP
When is the last time you updated your drivers? When did you start noticing these problems?
Indeed, which is why I asked that question to the OP. I have a GTX 760 in my system right now and.....

Quote:
I get the two adds every single time the fight starts and every single add after that.

Quote:
The new circles are there for me. The only thing is that I wish they would have made the color a little more distinctive since Volley is covered in a similar color and it gets lost amongst Mass Barrage sometimes.

Quote:
Torque: the old fire and smoke were visible, the new fire is not displayed at all (not even for a fraction of a second) (haven't been able to kill Torque since that because of this)
I see the new flame animations. They arent that great, but they are there.

I think your GPU is more than likely the issue here. I would go Nvidia and not look back. Just saying.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Lightning_xv
05.05.2015 , 03:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post

I run a ATI Radeon HD 5570 and saw the fire no issue. 1 shot the boss first try with the new inferno with a hell of alot less lag with all those pillars of NOPE gone

edit: Never had a problem with bulo's hollow circles either
Jedi Cov
Immortal JuggLightning SorcDeception Sin