Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there supposed to be a 35% DPS gap between the highest and lowest dps in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Is there supposed to be a 35% DPS gap between the highest and lowest dps in the game?

theriomorphic
07.18.2019 , 06:58 AM | #1
Highest being plasma/pyrotech, lowest being gunnery/arsenal. 35% seems a bit...uhhm...extreme.

Source: Parsely

Ahwassa
07.18.2019 , 07:12 AM | #2
Im no expert but I think parsley is not the best site to compare the average dps of the classes.
They are uploading the best parses with critluck and everything

The average dps according to smarty is:
highest - fury / concentration = 11.867
lowest - arsenal / gunnery = 10.414

The difference is roughly 12 %. Hope that helped.

trashy_spartan
07.18.2019 , 10:14 AM | #3
Parsely can give you the average dps of each spec and some numbers about it.

Vego_Mohenjo
07.19.2019 , 10:37 PM | #4
That's nothing. Over at ESO the difference in DPS ranges from around 2500dps to upward of 55000dps (at the same level).

Balance.

UltraFlashStar
07.20.2019 , 04:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vego_Mohenjo View Post
That's nothing. Over at ESO the difference in DPS ranges from around 2500dps to upward of 55000dps (at the same level).

Balance.
Yeah, ESO cant balance things.

Unlike ESO, everything is viable in an endgame PvE environment. In ESO youre basically stuck as a Stamina DPS with the same meta build that everyone uses which takes away the uniqueness that the game was advertised to offer.
Coppes Spacer
I got the skills, the talent, and the best starship there is.

RikuvonDrake
07.20.2019 , 04:40 PM | #6
The difference is intentional, you are comparing a DPS spec for a melee class intended to be a sustain without burst to a ranged DPS spec with massive burst? As you learn more about swtor and the different classes you will understand there are a lot of different specs and they all are good at different things, Gunnary is intended as a burst spec and thus of course lack in terms of sustained DPS. That said, 35% is very exaggerated and wrong, if I remember correctly the simulated difference between the best and the worst spec is supposed to be at most 8%.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Aethius
09.11.2019 , 05:22 AM | #7
DPS imbalance, from my limited perspective, is a common problem in most mmos. I also play final fantasy 14 and there is about a 12% difference between to top and lowest dps. It doesn't seem too bad if every class is viable at endgame content, but I just got back into swtor since it first launched, so I dont know

NateCrazy
10.10.2019 , 11:56 PM | #8
mercs have the best DCD in the game, cant have everything.

besides you could play IO for sustained in PVE

Arsenal is one of the best burst specs for PVP

So you have viable options for all content, and do it better and easier then all other classes and yet your still complaining, give me a break!

Hoppinswtor
10.12.2019 , 03:19 PM | #9
The gap is about 10 percent, which is where it should be.
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara),
Hoptimal (Sin), Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)