Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.17.2017 , 02:47 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
Except that it isn't really our choice. In order to spend them, you have to have the gear tokens to upgrade. If I'm grinding UCs on various characters and stacking them with the knowledge that they become legacy wide and able to be spent by the characters that have the gear tokens to exchange with them, I'm now out of luck (or well, out of half of my "luck").

Suddenly all of that time and effort is going to be cut in half because they can't add in a perk without making it cost something to the people who have stuck by this game and continue to play it. While it's a small favor to at least know this a little bit ahead of time, it's still something they could solve for those who have been playing the game the way they want us to (and putting up with the utterly dreadful state of PvP), and will suffer a 50% decrease in the value of that effort unless the circumstances are just right.

That just seems needlessly unfortunate, and reduces the overall benefit of something that could have been a nice QoL update, but now will be shadowed by this side effect of having to "make room" for disintegration values at the cost of devaluing a player's previous effort. It's lazy.
If you don't have any gear to upgrade, then that's your mistake. I don't know actually how you can have no gear to upgrade. I have lots of shells that I saved just so I can upgrade them and I mean lots.

How can you play this game and apparently have a lot of UCs now and not be able to spend them? Sorry but I find your premise that you have no gear to upgrade rather unbelievable. Either you have all your characters on 248 gear (and then it no longer matters cause then all your UCs are pointless) or you do have characters that still need gear upgrades. So either way your argument does not hold as far as I'm concerned.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

FlyXan's Avatar


FlyXan
11.17.2017 , 02:53 AM | #102
Lol, so many people worried about their UCs being halved in value. Guys, read comment #23, they are going to double the components earned until 5.6. Don't be write only.

Also, Eric it might be a good idea to edit the OP and include the comment regarding doubling the UCs, seeing how many people read only that and start commenting about something that's not even an issue.

Eli_Porter's Avatar


Eli_Porter
11.17.2017 , 03:02 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
If you don't have any gear to upgrade, then that's your mistake. I don't know actually how you can have no gear to upgrade. I have lots of shells that I saved just so I can upgrade them and I mean lots.

How can you play this game and apparently have a lot of UCs now and not be able to spend them? Sorry but I find your premise that you have no gear to upgrade rather unbelievable. Either you have all your characters on 248 gear (and then it no longer matters cause then all your UCs are pointless) or you do have characters that still need gear upgrades. So either way your argument does not hold as far as I'm concerned.
If you've been saving crates in preparation for 5.6, you should have also been saving UC's because you don't yet know which items you're missing from crates (seeing as they haven't been opened yet). There's also the scenario of fully 248 mains saving up UC's to use on their alts.

Yes there are ways to mitigate the damage, but that's ONLY for people who pay close attention to dev posts. What about everyone else who saved up in preparation for 5.6 (or any other reason) and didn't read the post? Do you think "their mistake" of not reading posts justifies halving the rewards they've gathered these past few months? How do you think they'd react when they realize the hours upon hours they spent just got devalued massively?

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
11.17.2017 , 03:40 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
They quite likely also added in a disintegration value for 248 in line with the above, even though people likely won't disintegrate 248s apart from accidently.
On my main, I disintegrate 248-rated relics/implants/ears 100% of the time that I get them because I already have 248s of all of these and they are BoP. I generally can't be bothered faffing with legacy gear to move 248 modded pieces to another Commando/Merc(1), so I disintegrate them, too, unless they fill in one of the remaining gaps on that character. (She's on 9 248 plus 5 246. I get snark from the tanks in my guild about the amount of threat this character generates.)

(1) As I understand it, the set bonus is different for each class/role pair. DPS Commando set bonus works on DPS Commando and DPS Merc, but not on, say, Guardian or Shadow. Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot about that.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

antonmb's Avatar


antonmb
11.17.2017 , 03:42 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyXan View Post
Lol, so many people worried about their UCs being halved in value. Guys, read comment #23, they are going to double the components earned until 5.6. Don't be write only.

Also, Eric it might be a good idea to edit the OP and include the comment regarding doubling the UCs, seeing how many people read only that and start commenting about something that's not even an issue.
That comment reads as all sources of NEW UC doubles weekly/daily PVP missions, Ops, and others. So the weekly quest giving 54 will now be 108. BUT that does not clearly state that existing stockpiles will also double.

loverstofriends's Avatar


loverstofriends
11.17.2017 , 03:49 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric
Hi Eric. If the costs of all items via UC doubles in 5.6, would the amount of UCs I currently hold double as well when 5.6 lands so that their value isn't eroded?

Thanks in advance

FlyXan's Avatar


FlyXan
11.17.2017 , 04:00 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by antonmb View Post
That comment reads as all sources of NEW UC doubles weekly/daily PVP missions, Ops, and others. So the weekly quest giving 54 will now be 108. BUT that does not clearly state that existing stockpiles will also double.
Really?

"BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double."

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
11.17.2017 , 04:20 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyXan View Post
Really?

"BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double."
He said "existing stockpiles" Like i have now 1000 UCs on 4 toons so at launch of 5.6 i will have 4000 that i can use legacy wide, but now i can buy A LOT of gear for it, but in 5.6 the costs will be double so I can buy 1/2 less of what I can buy now.

If they are increasing costs and also gains that clearly means they wanna battle the thing that people are not stockpiling Crates to open them in 5.6 and get a lot of UCs. That is probably the main reason for the increase, to mitigate the initial gear purchase.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

varietasplus's Avatar


varietasplus
11.17.2017 , 04:20 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.
Apology accepted, but you have to be consequent and increase the subscription period by a fortnight as well.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.17.2017 , 04:31 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
If you've been saving crates in preparation for 5.6, you should have also been saving UC's because you don't yet know which items you're missing from crates (seeing as they haven't been opened yet). There's also the scenario of fully 248 mains saving up UC's to use on their alts.
To save UCs I need to earn them first. I don't PvP anymore because I think it sucks in this game.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
Yes there are ways to mitigate the damage, but that's ONLY for people who pay close attention to dev posts. What about everyone else who saved up in preparation for 5.6 (or any other reason) and didn't read the post? Do you think "their mistake" of not reading posts justifies halving the rewards they've gathered these past few months? How do you think they'd react when they realize the hours upon hours they spent just got devalued massively?
We'll find out. I think that people who don't keep up with the news articles and dev posts are their own worst enemies in an MMO since they change constantly and if you don't keep up-to-date at least every few weeks, you can expect that you will miss out on things. Also most of these people do not come raging about it here either.

Considering that only a handful of people ever post here and a lot of people seem to be casual, my expectation is that there won't be a masssive outcry but at worst 10-20 people crying on a variety of place like the forums, reddit and twitter.

Besides, devaluation of currency happens regularly in MMOs. We used to have this with the crystals or commendations in the past as well. Every time some people get upset and then we collectively get over it.

I'm sure there are some people who in their individual situation have stacked up on UCs but really what is this effort they put into it? UCs are gained for showing up in warzones. I do not believe in this effort. You can gain some extra from being a good player but most UCs come from daily/weekly rewards and simply showing up. I am not impressed by that "effort" at all.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.