Android Security App

Devlonir

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems odd that companies tend to choose Apple products first for their apps when Android is the market leader atm. Makes you wonder why.... *cash * *cough * *cash* :rolleyes:

It may well be a problem on the Android side of things, rather than the Bioware side of things. For instance, Apple's approval could have been faster?

Is there any words on an Android Security App? Will it also be released or does Bioware have an Apple bias like so many others and therefore ignores over 75% of the Smartphone market?

I'd love to be able to make my account secure, but do not want to get the key chain (which is not even available for Europe yet). Just hoping I can use it on my Android phone.

Both Android and Blackberry versions of the Mobile Security Key are coming very, very soon. Real soon! (I'd give you an ETA, but there are too many moving parts.)

In addition, physical security keys for Europe will also be along very soon. We had a few shipping / supply issues, but they're inbound.

Edited by StephenReid

Both Android and Blackberry versions of the Mobile Security Key are coming very, very soon. Real soon!

In addition, physical security keys for Europe will also be along very soon. We had a few shipping / supply issues, but they're inbound.

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Both Android and Blackberry versions of the Mobile Security Key are coming very, very soon. Real soon! (I'd give you an ETA, but there are too many moving parts.)

Good to know.

Any news about a Windows Phone 7 app? Blizzard has one (ha ha ha :D)

I may be blind, but is there a way to remove a Security Key from an account? I linked an iOS from an iPod, but that was a temporary measure until the android app came out.

Very good, glad I checked the dev tracker first.

I’m a bit of a completionist and everything is set up on my account except that last section with the security key.

In other games my wife’s account got hacked 2 times and she has only been playing for 2 years, and myself once. Looking forward to that extra security step.

Ourselves and our droids are awaiting the app :)

Has anyone heard if they plan to add a feature in game where the guild leader can set permissions for people that have authenticators. In the game that we cannot mention here, when you set up guild rank permissions there is a check box to require authenticators, you cannot promote someone into that group unless they had one. It would be a nice feature to have with the upcoming guild banks.

I am not really sure why they developed the apple version first? Android makes up almost 15% more of advanced phone users than the iPhone. Why would you exclude the larger portion of the market and develop for an outdated, smaller, and continually shrinking community? Especially now with their main genius gone.

I am debating whether it is worth the trouble to download the iPhone security key and attach it to my account for now until the Android one comes out...as soon as the Android one comes out I can smash my iPhone with a hammer...which I look forward to!!!

*hugs mini-tablet phone* Android I loves you!

And the Windows Phone app?

Very good, glad I checked the dev tracker first.

I’m a bit of a completionist and everything is set up on my account except that last section with the security key.

In other games my wife’s account got hacked 2 times and she has only been playing for 2 years, and myself once. Looking forward to that extra security step.

Ourselves and our droids are awaiting the app :)

Agreed with this. Every online account that I have that supports authenticators has one setup. (WoW, Rift, Gmail, work...). Best security tool I've come across yet.

Will we be able to use both the physical security key and the app as a backup?