There are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day.

frankiestan

I notice that there are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day. Just look for who is in the gravestone and then add them to your friends list and notice something interesting. There are a lot of characters in there 24 hours a day.

It's always the same two classes:

Jedi Shadows on the Republic

Sith Assassins on the Empire

The Darth Malgus server for example always has at least 15 Jedi Shadows on the Republic and 10 Sith Assassins on the Empire side, in the gravestone.

I heard that some developer attention has been moved temporarily to another game but if some attention could be used to fix issues like this then I think it could help make swtor more successful.

Edited by frankiestan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By chance are they BOTS???

They dont care...they have the bare minimum minus 5 working this game it is what it is it failed to be the block buster at best well it isnt even a nut buster ..

it is what it isnt we either play this or with a abacus not sure which would be better anymore lol

Len

There is definitely some sort of botting going on with the Gravestone, and people have been posting about it for months. You see the same people, always stealth classes, literally there 24/7.

Someone named LordRexxar on Reddit had an interesting take on what might be going on. Third post down from the top.

It is most likely credit sellers.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

The patch this last week fixed a problem with 'concerning behavior' in the Lady of Sorrows chapter. I'd imagine they will take care of the problem.

Honestly, the only think I can possibly imagine that bots could get out of staying in the gravestone is instanced areas you could farm mats in without competition but...I can't imagine that would be profitable enough for gold sellers.

Glad I don't play on DM. I'd feel like I'm being stalked. I've recently run through TFE/ET with a couple of sins and shadows which involved, you guessed it, time on the Gravestone. I wonder if there were any stalkers on SF trying to spy on me while I was playing and taking down my characters names because they were on the Gravestone for more than a few minutes. :rolleyes:

Glad I don't play on DM. I'd feel like I'm being stalked. I've recently run through TFE/ET with a couple of sins and shadows which involved, you guessed it, time on the Gravestone. I wonder if there were any stalkers on SF trying to spy on me while I was playing and taking down my characters names because they were on the Gravestone for more than a few minutes. :rolleyes:

What's this about stalking?

The same people are in the Gravestone literally 24/7. You might be in the Gravestone a lot, but you wouldn't be there every time someone does a search for "Gravestone" every day, no matter the time of day.

It is no different than Yavin where the same stealth classes are there 24/7, running their scripted routine.

You're white knighting for botters.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

The issue is really straightforward in my mind. Eric already mentioned that the reason they reduced the rewards for the Clean Up quest on Ch 7: Lady of Sorrows was because bots were cleaning up (ugh, did I really just say that :rak_02:) on the rewards.

The problem is that while the rewards may have been reduced, apparently it is such an easy botting script that it is still profitable for the bots to run it.

I haven't bothered to check lately (the only time I did was when lag was so bad you couldn't move on the Gravestone, regardless of chapter), so I don't know if the reduction minimized the problem, but by the accounts in this thread, it seems clear they didn't fully eliminate it.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Perhaps you ought to reread your own post in that case, but it was easily one of those most moronic things ever written on this forum.

Stalking? Are you serious with that nonsense?

Perhaps you need to lighten up. That post was nonsense. I even included a :rolleyes: . It was made in jest. Grow up.

But if you want to be serious about it, Let's get serious. How do you know those people are there 24/7? Are you checking them 24/7? If so, then that is stalking. If not, it's a blatant exaggeration.

I'm not claiming that there are no bots, or whatever. But hypothesizing and accusing people of doing something when you don't actually see them doing it is akin to witch hunting. If these are bots on the Gravestone, then they're not somewhere else hacking mats.

And finally, if you know someone's hacking / exploiting, then you need to report it through the ticket system or private messages, and not post it on the forums in an attempt to rile people up. That's called Trolling, btw.

But if you want to be serious about it, Let's get serious. How do you know those people are there 24/7? Are you checking them 24/7? If so, then that is stalking. If not, it's a blatant exaggeration.

It's impossible of course to stare at the screen 24 hours a day monitoring them, but when you do check they are online and in that instance. No matter if you check at 3am or 3pm or noon or whatever. Therefore it is reasonable to figure that they are there 24/7.

Edited by frankiestan

The patch this last week fixed a problem with 'concerning behavior' in the Lady of Sorrows chapter. I'd imagine they will take care of the problem.

Honestly, the only think I can possibly imagine that bots could get out of staying in the gravestone is instanced areas you could farm mats in without competition but...I can't imagine that would be profitable enough for gold sellers.

If you're botting 24/7 with 20 toons on slicing that could be a lot of credits, maybe 50-60k every spawn, per instance.

It's impossible of course to stare at the screen 24 hours a day monitoring them, but when you do check they are online and in that instance. No matter if you check at 3am or 3pm or noon or whatever. Therefore it is reasonable to figure that they are there 24/7.

Okay. Not that I agree, but for the sake of argument, let's say they are there 24/7. So what? Do you know what they're doing? Do you have proof they are doing anything wrong? Or are you just "figuring" they're up to no good? If they don't leave the Gravestone, then how are they affecting your game, other than you taking the time to stalk them to see if they're still there?

If they are credit sellers and sending mail from there, what's the difference if they're on the Gravestone, on Fleet, in a stronghold or in their personal starship? Report the mail, if you get one, and move on.

Okay. Not that I agree, but for the sake of argument, let's say they are there 24/7. So what? Do you know what they're doing? Do you have proof they are doing anything wrong? Or are you just "figuring" they're up to no good? If they don't leave the Gravestone, then how are they affecting your game, other than you taking the time to stalk them to see if they're still there?

If they are credit sellers and sending mail from there, what's the difference if they're on the Gravestone, on Fleet, in a stronghold or in their personal starship? Report the mail, if you get one, and move on.

Yes, because a human can't be in that instance 24/7 therefore it has to be a bot.

They are affecting my game by gaining an unfair advantage and by increasing inflation which devalues everyone's credits and lowers the demand for cartel coins because people buy credits from them rather than buying cartel coins and trading cartel items for credits on the gtn. So they are hurting the game's profitability.

Thought about that myself. :p

All we have are conspiracy theories and people trying to get others riled up.

+1 troll

You being that person.

Got to love the lack of self-awareness of someone dropping into a thread to accuse others of stalking, then crying that she is being trolled when she gets a little snark in response.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Stalking would be following any particular person. I haven't done that. I've only been checking the Gravestone instance after seeing multiple threads discussing the oddities in that instance. It also takes no more than a few seconds and is hardly the only thing I do in this game.

You realize that the person you're trying to defend likely lives in some other corner of the world? Why don't you take your own advice and get a life. It a'int happening, you sad dork.

That's classic. :rolleyes:

Stalking doesn't necessarily have to mean physically following someone. It's like you're hiding in the bushes outside of a store and watching who goes inside.

Ok, fine. I'm not checking 24/7. But what are the chances that the same login names are there no matter when you check the Gravestone over the course of months? That's just not possible unless they are bots. Actual players are not always online at the same time I'm on. Actual players do things beyond hang out in a single instance, every day. These are quite obviously bots, not unlike the ones you can find mining mats on Yavin.

So you're saying that when you play, you're the only actual player on. That must get lonely for you. No wonder you're stalking the people on the Gravestone.

Instead of directing anger at people taking advantage of some exploit in the game, you direct it at myself and the original poster by calling us stalkers. Well done. You're also not one to lecture about trolling, considering your first post in this thread accused people of stalking. If that isn't bait, what is? Perhaps you ought to lighten up. You're the one started this digression with your drive by flame baiting. If you prefer to have a civil discussion than you need to reply in a civil manner. I'm only giving you eye-for-an-eye.

You want to talk civility when you called me a white knight defending botters, then turn around and call someone else a "sad dork"? Who's the angry one here? You need to look in the mirror.

You also need to realize that the report function is completely useless when it comes to botting. If you don't believe me, go to Yavin and report every bot you see. The same bots will still be running the same routine 24/7 months later.

When I go to Yavin to farm archaeology mats I use the PVP instance and to pass the time, kill the bots. Every time I do so, I'm killing the same characters I was killing a year ago on Shadowlands or Ebon Hawk. CS is completely useless when it comes to the botters. The tickets are closed and nothing is done about it.

I'm not denying the bots on Yavin. But you need to realize that all you, and the OP, are doing here is getting people riled up. Mainly yourselves. If you have proof, show your proof. Otherwise it's speculation and finger pointing.

Don't like threads that address botting? There is a solution to that. Don't read them.

Again, no one is denying they exist. What do you expect to accomplish by posting about them on the forums? As stated above, there are numerous threads about bots already, so this isn't a new topic. It's just a rehash of an old topic. And if you can't accept criticism, or someone making a lighthearted post (which I explained in my first response to you) without getting your panties in a bunch, then you probably shouldn't bother reading or posting at all.

And now I'm going to toss your own words back at you.

If you prefer to have a civil discussion than you need to reply in a civil manner.

Your very first post in this thread was to attack me. GG. :rolleyes:

That's classic. :rolleyes:

Stalking doesn't necessarily have to mean physically following someone. It's like you're hiding in the bushes outside of a store and watching who goes inside.

It's a probable exploit that other players noticed and commented on, which got me to pay attention. Are the people who actually try to do something about it, in vain perhaps, wrong for keeping an eye on it and reporting it?

You can't seem to make up your mind. You accuse others of stalking for doing that but in a subsequent post advise people to "report and move on." You do realize you won't be able to submit a report about suspicious behavior without first observing it?

You also seem to have odd priorties. Rather than take umbrage at people taking advantage of a potential exploit, you save your ire for the actual players who try to call Bioware's attention to it. :rolleyes:

So you're saying that when you play, you're the only actual player on. That must get lonely for you. No wonder you're stalking the people on the Gravestone.

That's not what I said and you know it..

Do you have any more Strawmen fallacies to deploy?

You want to talk civility when you called me a white knight defending botters, then turn around and call someone else a "sad dork"? Who's the angry one here? You need to look in the mirror.

I was not civil in my replies to you or that other person and didn't claim I was.

My posts however were both in response to derogatory statements first thrown in my direction. I called you a white knight after you dived into the thread to accuse the OP and myself of "stalking," and I called the other person a dork after he rushed to your defense to tell me to get a life.

I treat people how they treat me. I'd prefer a civil dicussion. You two however, chose otherwise.

I'm not denying the bots on Yavin. But you need to realize that all you, and the OP, are doing here is getting people riled up. Mainly yourselves. If you have proof, show your proof. Otherwise it's speculation and finger pointing.

All we did is draw attention to a potential exploit.

You called us stalkers for it. If there is a ****-stirrer in this thread, it was you. Gain some self-awareness.

Again, no one is denying they exist. What do you expect to accomplish by posting about them on the forums? As stated above, there are numerous threads about bots already, so this isn't a new topic. It's just a rehash of an old topic. And if you can't accept criticism, or someone making a lighthearted post (which I explained in my first response to you) without getting your panties in a bunch, then you probably shouldn't bother reading or posting at all.

Insults aren't light-heared no matter how often people try to pass them off as "just a joke." The only people you can get away with insulting in jest are friends. We don't know one another.

But you and I both know your comments weren't intended as a jest. They were meant to be barbs, you're just tap-dancing now to avoid owning up on to your own poor behavior that instigated this exchange.

And now I'm going to toss your own words back at you.

Your very first post in this thread was to attack me. GG. :rolleyes:

You need to go back and re-read the thread.

That was my second post in this thread, not the first, and was after you decided to call people drawing attention to this "stalkers."

If you can't handle the heat, don't dish it out.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Noob question : if people spend so much time on Gravestone, what are they doing there? ERP? RP? Farm what exactly?

From Eric in response to a comment from a hunky brilliant guy last week about the patch.

This is correct. The Lady of Sorrows bonus Mission wasn't really an exploit, but we saw some concerning behavior with that Mission for bots. That is why we held the patch notes until this morning.

Thanks!

-eric

P.S. A little jawa told me he was replying to someone who is in three words; 1) Fab; 2) U; 3) Lous! :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

From Eric in response to a comment from a hunky brilliant guy last week about the patch.

P.S. A little jawa told me he was replying to someone who is in three words; 1) Fab; 2) U; 3) Lous! :rak_03:

Excellent, thanks.

So it was botting after all. Glad to hear it was fixed.

Excellent, thanks.

So it was botting after all. Glad to hear it was fixed.

Well, they reduced the rewards. I didn't check how much and I haven't had any lag issues on the Gravestone for a while now so won't be bothered unless that changes. What impact the change had on actual botting behavior I couldn't answer.

Put differently, while the rewards may be lower, it still might be worth their botting time given alternatives and I'm assuming they already have an account for Yavin 4.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

It's a probable exploit that other players noticed and commented on, which got me to pay attention. Are the people who actually try to do something about it, in vain perhaps, wrong for keeping an eye on it and reporting it?

If it's a "probable" exploit, then posting about it on the forums is a violation. Submit tickets. Submit hundreds of tickets. Flood them with ticket after ticket after ticket until someone finally gets tired of it and they do something about it.

You can't seem to make up your mind. You accuse others of stalking for doing that but in a subsequent post advise people to "report and move on." You do realize you won't be able to submit a report about suspicious behavior without first observing it?

What's there to make up my mind about? If you're constantly doing a "/who Gravestone" then you're stalking. Again, I'm not saying there's nothing going on. But you HAVE NO PROOF. It's all supposition. You're pointing fingers and making cultural slurs without concrete evidence.

You also seem to have odd priorties. Rather than take umbrage at people taking advantage of a potential exploit, you save your ire for the actual players who try to call Bioware's attention to it. :rolleyes:

I'm not the one taking umbrage and getting upset. You are. I made a post joking about being stalked and you decided to take offense to it and rail at me and started directing your derogatory statements at me and others. I guess since that post got deleted someone reported it and the mods must agree that you were wrong.

I was not civil in my replies to you or that other person and didn't claim I was.

My posts however were both in response to derogatory statements first thrown in my direction. I called you a white knight after you dived into the thread to accuse the OP and myself of "stalking," and I called the other person a dork after he rushed to your defense to tell me to get a life.

I treat people how they treat me. I'd prefer a civil dicussion. You two however, chose otherwise.

All we did is draw attention to a potential exploit.

You called us stalkers for it. If there is a ****-stirrer in this thread, it was you. Gain some self-awareness.

Insults aren't light-heared no matter how often people try to pass them off as "just a joke." The only people you can get away with insulting in jest are friends. We don't know one another.

But you and I both know your comments weren't intended as a jest. They were meant to be barbs, you're just tap-dancing now to avoid owning up on to your own poor behavior that instigated this exchange.

You need to go back and re-read the thread.

That was my second post in this thread, not the first, and was after you decided to call people drawing attention to this "stalkers."

If you can't handle the heat, don't dish it out.

You know, if you want to be treated in a civil manner, then you need to at least meet people halfway. I'm not going to be civil to someone who acts like you did in your response to my post. And my first post wasn't directed at you. It was directed to the OP. If you're so vain as to think it was remotely about you, then you need to back up and rethink your position.

And you're right. We're not friends. My friends aren't so vain and emo-centric to think that everything is directed towards them and blow up at every little comment.

If it's a "probable" exploit, then posting about it on the forums is a violation. Submit tickets. Submit hundreds of tickets. Flood them with ticket after ticket after ticket until someone finally gets tired of it and they do something about it.

Turns out it wasn't probable botting, but actual botting. Read the thread. A statement from Musco was reposted in the thead and Bioware is aware of it and has done *something* about it.

While that means this thread was then not necessary, neither was your ill-advised snark directed at people raising awareness to an issue they did not know had been addressed by Eric Musco.

What's there to make up my mind about? If you're constantly doing a "/who Gravestone" then you're stalking. Again, I'm not saying there's nothing going on. But you HAVE NO PROOF. It's all supposition. You're pointing fingers and making cultural slurs without concrete evidence.

I'll help you since you dont appear to be paying attention to this thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

This is correct. The Lady of Sorrows bonus Mission wasn't really an exploit, but we saw some concerning behavior with that Mission for bots. That is why we held the patch notes until this morning.

Thanks!

-eric

The emphasis added was mine.

As for cultural slurs, what on Earth are you talking about? You're as off base as you are with your allegations of stalking.

Are you referring to white knight? The context in which I used it was obviously referring to a variety of blind fanboyism on gaming forums where anything that reflects negatively on the gaming developer is criticized by some. That appeared to be what you were doing, since it does not otherwise make sense why anyone would be directing ire at people raising complaints about potential botting.

I'm not the one taking umbrage and getting upset. You are. I made a post joking about being stalked and you decided to take offense to it and rail at me and started directing your derogatory statements at me and others. I guess since that post got deleted someone reported it and the mods must agree that you were wrong.

Again...

It wasn't a joke. Insults as jests only work if the person it is directed at is a friend. Not only are we not friends, I'm not sure if we've even interacted before this thread. It was meant to be insulting and not light-hearted banter. Either own it or apologize for it. I don't care which so long as if you knock off the tap-dancing. Your performance is unconvincing.

As for the report, you know you're the one that made it. Don't dish out snark if you can't take it in return.

You know, if you want to be treated in a civil manner, then you need to at least meet people halfway. I'm not going to be civil to someone who acts like you did in your response to my post. And my first post wasn't directed at you. It was directed to the OP. If you're so vain as to think it was remotely about you, then you need to back up and rethink your position.

My initial post in this thread was civil. I didn't reply with barbs until you dished them out.

That they were directed at the OP means little, since the OP and myself were on the same page. You insulted everyone who has posted about the oddities in the Gravestone whether or not you meant to.

And you're right. We're not friends. My friends aren't so vain and emo-centric to think that everything is directed towards them and blow up at every little comment.

I didn't blow up. I'm perfectly calm and have been through out this whole exchange. I just refuse to reply in a civil manner when I'm not given the same consideration. Nor should I.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco