Too much CC

tbuczek

Everybody cries about this in every game. If there were massive AOE CC spells that would let you get the first strike on an enemy every time, then I would say complain away.

but EVERYBODY has CC. this is put in place to make PVP more about strategy than gear.

Just sayin'

Try a Knight/Marauder and tell me EVERYONE has CC. Most of our CC don't work in pvp. Fun times

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, most stuns appear to be on fairly long CDs. On my shadow I have one stun with a 1 min cooldown that lasts 4 seconds. That's not over the top in any way.

It does appear that Bioware went with an odd system for diminishing returns and I don't think the "resolve bar" is been implemented well - AT ALL.

These threads are great and needed, don't get me wrong, but I for one think the most important issue that needs to be fixed is the LAG and stability of the PvP servers. Dumb down the graphics or do something because at times the Warzones feel unplayable.

It does appear that Bioware went with an odd system for diminishing returns and I don't think the "resolve bar" is been implemented well - AT ALL.

I think it's actually the perfect system. It's just a matter of tuning. The resolve bar allows them to throttle the amount of CC allowed.

People saying the resolve bar doesn't work are simply mistaken. It works perfectly. I've NEVER once been CC'd when my resolve bar is full.

Now, it's just a matter of "tuning the dial" until people stop complaining. Make it fill up X% faster and problem solved.

Granted, people will always whine about CC but what can ya' do.

Edited by crrypto

I'm wrong if I disagree? Wow you must be really smart. :rolleyes:

The fact is, you're wrong if you think you're getting stunned for "literally 30 seconds straight". If you're such an experienced PVPer you'd know that the Resolve system prevents CC chains from getting out of line the way you're claiming.

Oh, almost forgot... L2P and loose the attitude.

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you would know that the resolve system is bugged at best, and has no functionality at worst. It is inconsistent and rarely does its job. Yes, between snares, stuns, etc. I have spent quite a long period of time without being able to use my character (whether it be attacking or moving). This is a pretty simple concept to understand. There is currently no arena. There are a lot more than 2,3, or 5 people in a warzone, and to give each class multiple stuns and CCs with a more than sub-par "resolve" system is just silly.

Unlike WoW, PvP for this game should be balanced around Warzones because its the most competitive PvP aspect the game has to offer. The job is incomplete, and needs to be fixed. Multiple stuns and CCs for each class is not needed when there are that many people that are supposed to be playing together. One per class would make much more sense given the current system and abilities to break CC. To end my superior argument, let me put out that you are simply a WoW PvE dragonslaying carebear turned bioware fanboy. It is you that needs to "L2P"

Every class has tons of ways to break or become immune to CC. If they added big time diminishing returns like other games, then you would never be able to be CC'd at all. They would be better off removing CC all together if they did it. Simply because of the way some skills were designed in the first place.

I don't have problems with the CC in the game right now. If it wasn't for CC Huttball would be over in a few minutes.

I have one (of course I'm only lvl 20) but for a pvper, cc makes pvp incredibly frustrating.

CC is absolutely necessary and makes for more interesting tactical encounters. However, grey-bar CC, especially to the point that a player is spammed to death, is not only unnecessary, but is un-fun as well.

Possible quick fixes:

-Decrease the cooldown on everyone's Resolve to 45s, or maybe even 30s.

-Scale back at least one CC skill from each class (except for Jugs/Guards).

I am curious to know where everyone is getting there is too much CC.

I am currently lvl 18 on my assassin and I have 1 stun. Which is on a CD and only lasts for 4 seconds as do most of those CC types.

I keep hearing people saying there is too much CC in the game. If this is the case, the only thing I can think of is that people are thinking they should be able to charge into a group of 5 people and not get locked down at all? I mean seriously under no circumstances should that be possible. If you are going to rush into a group you deserve to get locked down a blown up. Also there should be no way you can just run out of a large group of enemies without a sweat.

CC is designed to add stradegy to PvP just like a few other people have stated. Without it, basically it would be 2 people standing toe to toe smashing abilities until one dies.

In the instance of a dps is on you with a healer behind him. Good luck winning that fight if BW took away YOUR ability to CC.